Ultimate Droid 3.0.1 connectivity issues

Brent Bro

Reaction score
I just loaded ultimate droid. So far I love it but my data connectivity keeps disappearing. I have tried to wipe it and reboot it but it doesn't help. I don't want to change roms but I need to have my data package.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jchammer123

Reaction score
Are you talking about your 3g signal? And is 3.0.1 a gingerbread rom? If so, this is a problem with gingerbread and not the rom although I haven't had it happen on ss 5.0.1 yet and I've been running it for 3 days now.

OP
B

Brent Bro

Reaction score
Yes, the 3G signal. Not sure if it is the Gingerbread or not. How do I tell?

jchammer123

Reaction score
Go to settings and then go to about phone. If the android version is 2.3.anything, then its gingerbread. Some phones work better on different gb roms. But gb has some known issues and that is one of them. If its happening to often, try some different gb roms. I tried 3 before finding one that worked for me. Hope this helps.

OP
B

Brent Bro

Reaction score
It is showing a 2.2 version. Would you have any recommendations? I have loaded other roms before without any issue. This is the first time that I have lost the 3G signal.

jchammer123

Reaction score
My only suggestions would be to fix permissions if its included in the rom. If not or it doesn't work then I would start fresh and completely reflash the rom!

OP
B

Brent Bro

Reaction score
I still haven't had success. I have wiped it, reinstalled it and still nothing. When I check on about phone under network it says not connected. Now my bluetooth isn't working either.

jchammer123

Reaction score
Have you tried to contact the maker of the rom? I tried to research this and couldn't really come up with a for sure answer. I know you don't want to, but I would try another rom if you can't get in touch with the maker. From what I've heard, he has good customer response. I don't believe he is a part of the droid forums though.

To be honest, I tried a couple different versions of the Ultimate Droid roms and did not have any luck with them at all! They were just too laggy and buggy on my phone. I have always had success with Project Elite and Simply Stunning. Just a suggestion.

OP
B

Brent Bro

Reaction score
Do you have a ROM that you would suggest? Could it possibly be a broadband radio update that I need? Here is the info from my phone. I am new at this and I appreciate all your help.

Mod Version- The ultimate droid 3.0.1
Android Version 2.3.2
Model Number droid
Kernal Version 2.6.32.9-cm-stk mtwebster@eng-laptop #1
Baseband version C_01.43.01 P
Build Number GRH78C

jchammer123

Reaction score
You do have a gingerbread rom. See on the android verision its 2.3.2? If its 2.3.anything, that's gingerbread. That's your problem there! Gb is known for this problem.

Two roms to try are:
Chevyno1's- simply stunning 5.0.1
Project Elite v5.0.2

Both gingerbread roms, but have been flawless with my phone. I haven't had my 3g drop yet. Or you could go back to any froyo rom, which is 2.2.

OP
B

Brent Bro

Reaction score
Do you have a link for those ROMS? Thanks again for all your help. I really appreciate it.

jchammer123

Reaction score
Anytime! I had someone help me out when I thought i messed up my phone, so I know how it feels, lol. I will get you the links when I get home this afternoon.

jchammer123

Reaction score
Here's a couple things that I've learned from flashing roms. I use Rom Manager for things like making and managing backups, installing kernels, and restoring backups. However, when I use RM for flashing gingerbread roms, I always end up with bugs for some reason. Also, if you are going to install a gingerbread rom, it's best not to use Titanium Backup to restore your data, it just creates problems. Google backs up your apps and installs them automatically, just not the data. When you restore data from a Froyo rom to Gingerbread using TB you will almost always end up with force closes and issues.

Here's the links to the forum post for these roms. They both have great support:
Simply Stunning v5.0.1- http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/129744-rom-ss-5-01-gb-3-3-11-ready.html

Project Elite v5.0.2- http://www.droidforums.net/forum/pr...release-projectelite-v5-gingerbread-aosp.html

Project Elite also has a website that has some cool stuff on it- Project Elite

Both of these roms also have Froyo versions of these roms as well, so if you don't like Gingerbread you could always go back to 2.2.

Finally, here is a link from the Project Elite website that is a pretty good direction list on how to get a clean install. I use this step by step except restoring with TB- Project Elite

I know this is a lot! Let me know if you have any questions about these roms or directions!!!

OP
B

Brent Bro

Reaction score
Ok, I put in the Chevy No 1. 5.01. I really like it, but I still don't have a data connection. I need a wifi connection to start it up. I have the following:

Android 2.3.2
Baseband Version C_01.43.01P
Kernal 2.6 32-lowV-1.0Ghz- ChevyNo1
Build Number ChevyNo1