Trying to make the jump from Ultimate Droid...

rotordroid

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks.

Another quick question... does CM have a sysrw/sysro equivalent to enable or disable reading/writing to system? I can never remember the full commands to do it manually :(

I don't think so. I just checked /bin and /xbin in his 5.0.5.7 and none of those special scripts are in there. Honestly that's one of the reasons I didn't stay with the CM ROM. I think Koush is a purist in that regard but I kinda like having those little extras. I know I could get them and push them in but I'm too lazy :)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Trying it now and so far liking it. I got spoiled with UD because so much crap was bundled with it but I'm REALLY liking some of the "small things" that are integrated into the settings like 360 rotation, usb tether, mms led color/speed, next/prev track w/ volume rocker, etc. And mine is running pretty smooth at 600mhz so I can't wait to overclock this thing! Then all that is left is a theme.

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Just a quick question if I do the switch and do not like it I can always hit X and power to return to UD 9 right? Does anyone know the steps in the menu to press to return? Thanks

SteveC

Reaction score
Try using JRummy's v0.5 remix of Cyanogen. I went from using UD 8-10 to CM 5057. The thing is I always liked the UD ROM's better than the CM. They just worked smoother and faster, there was "something" there I liked. During all the drama with UD, I decided to switch back to CM 5057. Still didn't like it a whole lot. However, the JRummy remix gives the CM 5057 back most of the UD "something"

Now I'm going to do the partition and apps2sd. Do the apps automatically migrate to the sd card, or do they have to be put there with either a reflash or manual installation?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apps that are already installed stay where they are. New apps installed go to the sd card if you enable apps2sd.

rotordroid

Reaction score
Try using JRummy's v0.5 remix of Cyanogen. I went from using UD 8-10 to CM 5057. The thing is I always liked the UD ROM's better than the CM. They just worked smoother and faster, there was "something" there I liked. During all the drama with UD, I decided to switch back to CM 5057. Still didn't like it a whole lot. However, the JRummy remix gives the CM 5057 back most of the UD "something"

Now I'm going to do the partition and apps2sd. Do the apps automatically migrate to the sd card, or do they have to be put there with either a reflash or manual installation?

You can use the "move" button in Application management to move apps from /data to /sd-ext

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
ORLY i like that idea. I'm gonna move Helix to my phone since its the home app, its on the sdcard right now :icon_eek:

seanjohnja91

Reaction score

Is JRummy a ROM all on its own? like am I going to have to wipe and clear data and cache?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sweet, thanks.

Another quick question... does CM have a sysrw/sysro equivalent to enable or disable reading/writing to system? I can never remember

I don't think so. I just checked /bin and /xbin in his 5.0.5.7 and none of those special scripts are in there. Honestly that's one of the reasons I didn't stay with the CM ROM. I think Koush is a purist in that regard but I kinda like having those little extras. I know I could get them and push them in but I'm too lazy :)
custom scripts are very easy to install via update.zip just have to make your own ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
ROM Manager has a Huge list of ROMS to install some names I never heard of some that sayd install over another etc. I see JRummy .5 I think I will give that a whirl.

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Please stick to the thread topic. Last time when a thread went off topic they closed it.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree.

I'm getting ready to buy RM Premium so I can apply a theme the lazy way. I miss my nexTheme.

SteveC

Reaction score
seanjohnja91;408585 Is JRummy a ROM all on its own? like am I going to have to wipe and clear data and cache?[/QUOTE said:
Yes it is a ROM. It is clearly stated that is a Cyanogen based Mod and to be flashed over 5057. I did not wipe either data or cache. It gave me no problems but it seems like there is a lott of YMMV that happens too. I saw a post from JRummy somewhere that he is working on an update, and would have it later today. Probably it is whatever needs to go with the changes in CM 5061 plus whatever else he is adding.