To hot to handle

n0m0n

Reaction score
I installed from the stock section in rom manger v2.1 root rom thinking that it would give me the least amount of issues since its the OEM version with the root option (???), but it ran REALLY REALLY hot.

Is a normal finding for this option?

I have been using Chaos and its given me the least amount of issues and I have had multiple issues trying a few rom's.
That said I haven't tried any Cyanogen rom's but I am just so so frustrated.

Everytime I make a change I literally sit here installing my app's 1 by 1 and the market seems to get slower and slower.

I know that I can sue MyBackup Titanium (which I purchased) but my thoughts are I might be transferring my issues back with the restore.
I also have found issues when I re-install my app's form the backup, probably to many at once I don't know.

Can anyone shed any advise?

Thanks

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
with mybackup, you have the option to back up only the apk's, no data, so you can restore the apps pretty easily that way and shouldn't transfer over any issues... i'm sure titanium can probably do the same, but I haven't dug real deep in titanium, and typically I just do the full batch backup

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
with mybackup, you have the option to back up only the apk's, no data, so you can restore the apps pretty easily that way and shouldn't transfer over any issues... i'm sure titanium can probably do the same

It can.

(10char)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
On-topic: I've never run the stock 2.1 rooted, so I have no idea.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
n0m0n.....reflash a fresh install but don't use titanium to restore apps.

That is a very real problem that can happen when restoring back-ups.

I know it's a pain but it's a sure fire way to avoid potential problems.

If you do decide just restore the apk's..NO DATA

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
n0m0n.....reflash a fresh install but don't use titanium to restore apps.

That is a very real problem that can happen when restoring back-ups.

I know it's a pain but it's a sure fire way to avoid potential problems.

If you do decide just restore the apk's..NO DATA

This get worse and worse.
I think I have had a up and running phone (whats that) for maybe a day over the past 4 days.

Now I installed my backup via MyBackup, not data just apk's...

I am rotating between Droid eye Droid eye and so on,
Wiping again and looking for something new to flash to...

I was looking for cm-5.0.7.1-Droid since I have never tried that one, but cant find a version to download to my wiped device.

FRUSTRATED

Taegost

Reaction score
If you install ROM Manager you can easily install CM and any custom kernels.
140f is hot, and is the point of thermal runaway for the battery, which is a very bad thing. Are you using an overclocked kernel? If you are, bump to a lower voltage or lower frequency, you do not want your phone getting that hot, it'll shorten battery life and cause it to drain a lot faster.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
If you install ROM Manager you can easily install CM and any custom kernels.
140f is hot, and is the point of thermal runaway for the battery, which is a very bad thing. Are you using an overclocked kernel? If you are, bump to a lower voltage or lower frequency, you do not want your phone getting that hot, it'll shorten battery life and cause it to drain a lot faster.

I already wiped my device and was hoping to install CM the old fashion way, but haven't found as of yet.

As for the kernel, I am using P3 LV 800/250.
Is there a lower voltage kernel?

Thanks

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
What are you using to flash ROMS? SPRecovery or ROM Manager?

I'd try Bekits and Chevy's Kernels as well. Kernels just don't play well on every ROM and device. There is no rhyme or reason to it. What works for me won't necessarily work for you and vice versa.

You have to run a few kernels LV, MV, Bekit, P3, Chevy to find what works. As you already know back-up is your best friend.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Im just about to give up on all this.
OK so I now restored SPRecovery, I then via SPRecovery wiped (factory, cache partition) 3 times.Then I installed CM as a update.zip file.

It installed and some of my app's are in the dock so I have to believe the device did not totally wipe.

Another day I did not have my device or a phone...
Maybe I should move my # back to my Storm2, I feel beat.

Thanks

Taegost

Reaction score
Im just about to give up on all this.
OK so I now restored SPRecovery, I then via SPRecovery wiped (factory, cache partition) 3 times.Then I installed CM as a update.zip file.

It installed and some of my app's are in the dock so I have to believe the device did not totally wipe.

Another day I did not have my device or a phone...
Maybe I should move my # back to my Storm2, I feel beat.

Thanks

The apps are supposed to auto-install after a wipe from what I understand, I've had that happen once or twice, but I usually get impatient and use Titanium to restore them.
Seriously, install Rom Manager, it'll make your life sooooo much easier, especially to find a kernel that works well for you. Unfortunately, it's device-dependant... Like it was stated earlier, what works for one won't work for all, you'll have to play with different ROMs and kernels to find out what works best for you. I've found that of the bekit kernels, 1.2GHz LV works perfectly fine with low heat and decent battery life, but higher speeds either cause FCs or boot loops.
I just flashed a p3droid kernel this morning, but sucked down most of my battery dealing with a contact issue that caused me to be constantly syncing for over an hour, so while the temp is great, I dunno about battery.
But with ROM Manager, it's a piece of cake for me to make Nandroid backup right before flashing a new kernel, if it doesn't work, I just reboot into Clockword, restore the backup, and then try a different kernel... All while I'm at work and not paying any attention to it!

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Some of my app's did in-fact install this time because I was wondering if I was interfering with the install of my app's tot he point where possibly I was installing app's that Google restore was attempting to do or was.
My system is so lagged its not funny, and I keep trying to re-flash the rom....

Anyway it seems like the Google restore has installed part of my app's as I shared earlier.
My question is will it restart and continue to install the rest or more?
is there a way to get one of my file managers into the device system without having to go into market before I know if the restore is complete or now?

My market experience has been VERY VERY poor lately.

Thanks

EDIT: I am also seeing that app's that have downloaded and are installed are still showing in the market as still being downloaded and or installed.
Yet they are in the dock and working...

Does this help with what is going on or what I need to do?