Market Apps and Custom ROMs

sxm

Reaction score
Ok, I have some questions regarding Free Downloaded Market apps and restoring ROMs.

I went from UD 9.8 to CM 5.0.6.2 and did a full wipe.

ALL of my downloaded apps which are free somehow auto downloaded and installed without me doing anything. I did not use Titanium Backup even though I have it installed.

I then went from CM 5.0.6.2 and did a full rom install of the NexTheme 2.0 of CM 5.0.6.2 and did a full wipe. Only some of my free apps auto-installed and some showed in the Downloads section of the marketplace, but were not installed. They were marked as "Free" but not "Installed". Later the Free items disappeared.

So I then did a full backup restore back to the CM 5.0.6.2 W/O the NexTheme. All my apps were restored, but not all were linked to the marketplace. The Marketplace Downloads looked like how it was before I did the restore of my backup. After about an hour or so, all the apps were linked and the all the apps showed up in the Downloads section.

Next I downloaded UD 10 w/ NexTheme and installed that doing full wipes.

No apps were auto downloaded. I installed a couple apps, but found that I liked CM better then UD 10.

So I again restored my backup of CM 5.0.6.2. All my apps are there but NOTHING is linked in the Marketplace Downloads section except the 4 apps I downloaded while I was using UD 10.

So if you are not asleep yet, WHY is this happening and how does the marketplace work in regards to restored ROMs?

Why does the Market place auto-download apps sometimes?

Thanks for your help.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
cyanogen has a built in app restorer i think. same thing happens with me. they will sync with the market just give it some time.

OP
sxm

sxm

Reaction score
I restored CM 5.0.6.2 last night.

So far, I still only have the 4 apps in the Downloads section.

I hope that the built-in app restorer works.

OP
sxm

sxm

Reaction score
BUMP

So I still only have ROM Manager, HelixLauncher 2, Titanium Backup and Google Maps showing up in "Downloads" even though I have much more apps installed.

Maybe CM's app restorer only works sometimes? or is buggy?

I am still trying to fish for an answer to my questions in the OP. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would say that about 80% of my CM flashes will restore all of my apps.. not sure how they did this or why it doesn't always work but it is pretty nice when it does

OP
sxm

sxm

Reaction score
OK here is my update.

Only 4 apps were still showing in Downloads.

I went to a known app in Market that I already have installed, and it showed Installed. I went to the Downloads section and still only those 4 apps. Went back to the known installed app in Market and Opened that app. Returned back to Market Downloads and BAM. Everything showed up. Awesome.

Still, is the auto-downloading apps part of Google or CM?

OP
sxm

sxm

Reaction score
Restoring purchased apps moves through google.

Nope, NONE of these apps were purchased. They were all Free apps.

Did you wipe before installing CM again? Trying reinstalling and just letting it sit at the home screen, don't go into marketplace or else the apps will not install by themselves.

This last time, I did full wipes before I did the restore of my backup of CM.

I don't want to go through the pains of possible restoring again right now.

But, i will tell you this, the first time I installed CM 5.0.6.2, I was amazed at the 5x5 app draw, and then one by one my apps were added for me without me doing anything. Right before my eyes.

Alex K.

Reaction score
Nope, NONE of these apps were purchased. They were all Free apps.

Did you wipe before installing CM again? Trying reinstalling and just letting it sit at the home screen, don't go into marketplace or else the apps will not install by themselves.

This last time, I did full wipes before I did the restore of my backup of CM.

I don't want to go through the pains of possible restoring again right now.

But, i will tell you this, the first time I installed CM 5.0.6.2, I was amazed at the 5x5 app draw, and then one by one my apps were added for me without me doing anything. Right before my eyes.

I correct myself. Apps are restored, not sure which ones do, they're randomized sometimes. There will be a notification saying that applications are restored. It's a google service.

droiddon817

Reaction score
Every time I use the rsd lite it doesn't read the sbf file I put in it? Help me please