Trying to make the jump from Ultimate Droid...

tanqueray

Reaction score
Sorry if this question been asked before.

For the SD card partition, I did it already and my apps are on my SD card.

After I did the partition, I wipe data/cache and fresh installed UD10, but when I go into Terminal or Droidswap, under "swap" it says 0 even though the apps are installing into the sd card.

Do I need to format my sd card to start over?

Thanks guys.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

After I did the partition, I wipe data/cache and fresh installed UD10, but when I go into Terminal or Droidswap, under "swap" it says 0 even though the apps are installing into the sd card.

Thanks guys.

Swap has nothing to do with apps on your sdcard.

Check the "Install Location" field of an app (Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications). It should say SD Card.

tanqueray

Reaction score

Thanks guys.

Check the "Install Location" field of an app (Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications). It should say SD Card.

Yeah it does install into SD.

Reason I brought up the question is because before, for us to check if we partitioned the SD card correctly, we were advised to go into terminal or droidswap info to check.

kauaigs

Reaction score
seanjohnja91;408585 Is JRummy a ROM all on its own? like am I going to have to wipe and clear data and cache?[/quote said:
Yes it is a ROM. It is clearly stated that is a Cyanogen based Mod and to be flashed over 5057. I did not wipe either data or cache. It gave me no problems but it seems like there is a lott of YMMV that happens too. I saw a post from JRummy somewhere that he is working on an update, and would have it later today. Probably it is whatever needs to go with the changes in CM 5061 plus whatever else he is adding.

Incorrect, it is NOT to be flashed OVER the ROM. It is an entire ROM, CyanogenMod, with themes and goodies added by JRummy. The full ROM is changed for each CyanogenMod version....it does NOT flash just a theme over the ROM

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys.

Reason I brought up the question is because before, for us to check if we partitioned the SD card correctly, we were advised to go into terminal or droidswap info to check.

That was to ensure your swap partition was set up correctly.

I've heard reports that having a swap partition is of dubious benefit. I have a small one that I've set up thru ROM Manager, and I have DroidSwap running, but I'm not sure it's making any noticeable difference in performance.

tanqueray

Reaction score

That was to ensure your swap partition was set up correctly.

I've heard reports that having a swap partition is of dubious benefit. I have a small one that I've set up thru ROM Manager, and I have DroidSwap running, but I'm not sure it's making any noticeable difference in performance.

Yeah I just wanted to clarify because I didn't noticed much difference either, at least not yet. But I really like the app2sd, I was running out of memory with all my apps.

Thanks for the explanation..

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Love apps2sd. You can wipe and flash a new ROM and your apps are all there. Couldn't be better.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow I'm gonna LOVE that. I need to get the old baseband back though, the new one screwed up my reception. I'm gonna have to flash an sbf... I'm scared... LOL

Slipstream

Reaction score
Love apps2sd. You can wipe and flash a new ROM and your apps are all there. Couldn't be better.

Can I assume that you would need to uninstall all of your apps, then reinstall? Or does it move everything over for you and then start installing new apps directly to SD?

kwatch

Reaction score
I'm running UD10 currently. I like to try Cyanogen instead. I have SPrecovery installed. Do I need to remve the SPrecovery in orderto install clockwork recovery?

Nedaroth

Reaction score
How does partition option work when doing it through Rom Mgr? Does it wipe your entire system, and if so how do you reinstall 5.0.6.1