Trying to make the jump from Ultimate Droid...

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
flashed so much over last few days its hard to remember :)
I think I did the sd format first (I forget settings) then I did the rom. I did this because I had manually doe the adb partition earlier that day and I wanted to start fresh.

gmpdmd

Reaction score
I'm running UD 9.0 without issues, however in light of recent developments (pun inteaded) I'm considering switching to Koush. Could someone please tell me...Do I have to partition my SD card??

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Jus Cruisin-

I am confused how did you do it place it on the SD card then ROM Manager? Thanks

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
Jus Cruisin-

I am confused how did you do it place it on the SD card then ROM Manager? Thanks

Sorry, I actually used ROM mge to get Koush's up and running. Make sure to enable google. It will download 2 files to your phone. once done then you can download thru ROM mgr. I downloaded Jrummy's to my computer and then put it on my SD card ( mount Droid, copy rom to sd card, unmount, rom mgr to install rom from sd card)

Gotta get ready to head to work (afternoon shift for me).

Sodner

Reaction score
I made the swtich (AS A TEST) to Cyanogen 5.0.5.7 with Smokeg Glass-Esque 1.4.1 from UD 10 last night.

Following insturctions on their web site I simply used ROM Manager, flashed Clockwork Recovery, Downloaded the rom, selected wipe and backup and 5 minutes later I was up and running on Cyanogen, of course with none of my apps.

So far it is very smooth and no problems what so ever. I will run it for a few days and report back my battery life findings. I also plan to do the SD card partitioning as well.

My initial reaction is that, based pretty much on theming alone, I personally prefer the look of UD over this. I will try a few more themes and see if I find one that suits my taste.

bodean

Reaction score
Seeing how I have my SD card partitioned, and I am using APP2SD with UD 10. If I flash this CM ROM, it says no APP2SD, so I assume that a) that app partition will be useless for the time being and b) the apps I have on the phone now, will have to be reinstalled?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seeing how I have my SD card partitioned, and I am using APP2SD with UD 10. If I flash this CM ROM, it says no APP2SD, so I assume that a) that app partition will be useless for the time being and b) the apps I have on the phone now, will have to be reinstalled?

?

I'm running 5.0.5.7 and it has apps2sd

bodean

Reaction score

?

Ok. I ask because on the cyanogenmod forum, it says under 5.0.5.7
"Features:

* Clean shutdown/startup system
* NO APPS2SD. I've implemented a hack that will store the dalvik-cache of system apps in /cache, which saves you ~40MB on /data. A better APPS2SD system is being worked on by Chris Soyars"

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

?

Ok. I ask because on the cyanogenmod forum, it says under 5.0.5.7
"Features:

* Clean shutdown/startup system
* NO APPS2SD. I've implemented a hack that will store the dalvik-cache of system apps in /cache, which saves you ~40MB on /data. A better APPS2SD system is being worked on by Chris Soyars"

Huh...wonder why. Well, never fear, apps2sd is definitely on this one.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the 5057 post here says its included in this release.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, I'm on UD 9.8 right now and may be interested in trying out Koush's version of Cyanogen. I know that requires ROM Manager and flashing Clockwork, etc. The only part I'm unsure about is the partitioning.

When I flashed 9.8, I ran a script that came with it that partitioned my card. Since 9.8 doesn't have apps2sd, I doubt that script partitioned it in the way that CyanogenMod wants. So how do I know if my card is partitioned right? How do I partition it correctly? Also, I don't want to lose any of my sdcard data in the process :icon_eek:

bodean

Reaction score
Booting up for the first time to Cyanogen 5057. Coming from UD10. Time to witness what everyone is talking about....

Reaction score
Okay guys, I'm on UD 9.8 right now and may be interested in trying out Koush's version of Cyanogen. I know that requires ROM Manager and flashing Clockwork, etc. The only part I'm unsure about is the partitioning.

When I flashed 9.8, I ran a script that came with it that partitioned my card. Since 9.8 doesn't have apps2sd, I doubt that script partitioned it in the way that CyanogenMod wants. So how do I know if my card is partitioned right? How do I partition it correctly? Also, I don't want to lose any of my sdcard data in the process :icon_eek:

I just made the jump myself. apps2sd will remain identical. Even though I did a cache/system wipe. All my apps remained intact :)

Do not load Helix2 on it though... force closes like a motha!
Helix1 is good.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
But 9.8 doesn't have apps2sd does it? So mine won't stay in tact right? Which is fine, I'm used to reinstalling all apps. I just hope my card is partitioned right?