Trying to make the jump from Ultimate Droid...

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
thinking about doing the same, anyone coming from 9.8 UD notice a difference going to koushs rom?

I have no hard numbers to support my thoughts, but from my "seat of the pants" experience I saw a noticeable difference in battery life when switching over to Cyan. Stability was also a plus moving from 9.8 to Cyan's latest. Plus, Cyan has features that 9.8 just doesn't have...well, until UD themed Cyan's latest calling it 10.0.

All in all I think you will be happy with the switch, I sure was.

Yep I have noticed a huge difference in battery life. I don't have to plug my Droid in every hour just to get sufficient juice back into it.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
re: battery life, FWIW, I get ~ 30 hours on UD 9.8 until the battery dies with normal use (admittedly, a lot of idle time) - and on heavy usage I can still go an entire day without plugging in - just a data point.

how's the snappiness/responsiveness on Cyanogen?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
thinking about doing the same, anyone coming from 9.8 UD notice a difference going to koushs rom?

I have no hard numbers to support my thoughts, but from my "seat of the pants" experience I saw a noticeable difference in battery life when switching over to Cyan. Stability was also a plus moving from 9.8 to Cyan's latest. Plus, Cyan has features that 9.8 just doesn't have...well, until UD themed Cyan's latest calling it 10.0.

All in all I think you will be happy with the switch, I sure was.

Please don't stir that mess up again.

tonyr0802

Reaction score
re: battery life, FWIW, I get ~ 30 hours on UD 9.8 until the battery dies with normal use (admittedly, a lot of idle time) - and on heavy usage I can still go an entire day without plugging in - just a data point.

how's the snappiness/responsiveness on Cyanogen?
After just getting installed and syncing apps, I'll have to say using the 3d launcher is blazingly fast. Things just "feel" snappy and responsive.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you like Cyanogen but want some of the extras that UD provides (such as scripts, HQ youtube hack, etc...), give JRummy's remix of Cyanogen a try.

SDI

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to install anything on to UD 10? I have tried any keep getting stuck at the M logo on reboot?

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to install anything on to UD 10? I have tried any keep getting stuck at the M logo on reboot?

It seems you need the Partition trick otherwise they will not load, i had same problem with his theme zip.

rotordroid

Reaction score

Did the ROM itself load and you are stuck after making a change or is UD10 itself not loading after the initial nandroid installation?

Which recovery method are you using; SPRecovery or CM ?

SDI

Reaction score

It seems you need the Partition trick otherwise they will not load, i had same problem with his theme zip.

Partition trick? When i loaded i noticed that i have 2nd aps and it looks like it already partitioned for me?

SDI

Reaction score

Did the ROM itself load and you are stuck after making a change or is UD10 itself not loading after the initial nandroid installation?

I loaded the UD cersion 10 rom from rom manager it loaded perfectly and is running perfectly. I then tried to reload one of the wallpapers that i had running UD version 9 and it did not work through clockwork, i remembered that this rom was orginally supposed to run on spr and i flashed that. Then i took the live wall paper and renamed it to update.zip (just one zip) and hit allow to install then install the update.zip (deprecated) and then it reboot and said installed fine then reboot again and stuck at the M logo and i had to do a battery pull and a nandroid restore. I can work themes just not install anything like an apk or anything through recovery?

bodean

Reaction score
I appreciate and look forward to more comparisons from others coming from UD to this. I have not switched to this yet, but definitely interested in the possibility. I also noticed a decrease in battery life with UD 10.0 which I am not happy about.

rotordroid

Reaction score

I loaded the UD cersion 10 rom from rom manager it loaded perfectly and is running perfectly. I then tried to reload one of the wallpapers that i had running UD version 9 and it did not work through clockwork, i remembered that this rom was orginally supposed to run on spr and i flashed that. Then i took the live wall paper and renamed it to update.zip (just one zip) and hit allow to install then install the update.zip (deprecated) and then it reboot and said installed fine then reboot again and stuck at the M logo and i had to do a battery pull and a nandroid restore. I can work themes just not install anything like an apk or anything through recovery?

Ok. Did you download the LWP from here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bl...papers-9-8-v10-updated-4-13-10-2-new-lws.html ?

I usually just stay with ROM manager for loading the update zip stuff because you don't have to rename it and you can put it anywhere on your sdcard. Just use the "Install ROM from SD Card" option in ROM Manager.

If you are doing a nandroid then you have to know which recovery method it was built for.

Nedaroth

Reaction score

Partition trick? When i loaded i noticed that i have 2nd aps and it looks like it already partitioned for me?

No the the rom install does not partition it for you. Is your opition grayed out? Should be.

We may be talking about two different things, im talking about the extras you see in his screenshots that are not in the rom and that you have to download if you want them, i think the update.zips for the extras are not working at the moment.

Last edited:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK, so what's the best approach if I have all my apps on /sd-ext? I really shouldn't need to wipe data since there is nothing there right? (UDv10 -> 5.0.5.7)

I loaded this just to check it out briefly, but restored UD. I wiped to have a clean install, but apps2sd comes with 5.0.5.7, so all your apps will just be there.

Finally taking the plunge here, wiped, loaded 5.0.5.7 and NexTheme 2.0 from ROM Manager, everything is going awesome right now. Currently trying to restore my apps to the apps partition and seeing if Titanium will behave. Any way the ROM is running great, fast, and smooth.

update: Titanium restored all my apps with no problems!!

Last edited: