Trying to make the jump from Ultimate Droid...

tonyr0802

Reaction score
OK, so what's the best approach if I have all my apps on /sd-ext? I really shouldn't need to wipe data since there is nothing there right? (UDv10 -> 5.0.5.7)

I loaded this just to check it out briefly, but restored UD. I wiped to have a clean install, but apps2sd comes with 5.0.5.7, so all your apps will just be there.

Finally taking the plunge here, wiped, loaded 5.0.5.7 and NexTheme 2.0 from ROM Manager, everything is going awesome right now. Currently trying to restore my apps to the apps partition and seeing if Titanium will behave. Any way the ROM is running great, fast, and smooth.

update: Titanium restored all my apps with no problems!!

Lucky, Titanium wouldn't restore for me. After the Google sync I had most apps, but trying to restore data such as bookmarks caused force closes on the browser. Luckily I had created a back up so just restored back to that.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I loaded this just to check it out briefly, but restored UD. I wiped to have a clean install, but apps2sd comes with 5.0.5.7, so all your apps will just be there.

Finally taking the plunge here, wiped, loaded 5.0.5.7 and NexTheme 2.0 from ROM Manager, everything is going awesome right now. Currently trying to restore my apps to the apps partition and seeing if Titanium will behave. Any way the ROM is running great, fast, and smooth.

Lucky, Titanium wouldn't restore for me. After the Google sync I had most apps, but trying to restore data such as bookmarks caused force closes on the browser. Luckily I had created a back up so just restored back to that.

Someone else posted in this in another thread...(perhaps) the trick was downloading busybox from TB before backup and before restore.

tonyr0802

Reaction score

Someone else posted in this in another thread...(perhaps) the trick was downloading busybox from TB before backup and before restore.
Probably a dumb question, but what is TB?

cearljones

Reaction score
Alright I'm ready to try CM. I'm currently using UD10 and it runs reasonably well. The two things I need from my phone are responsiveness and optimal battery life. I don't think I'm getting what I hoped for in UD10. I partitioned my sd card before I installed UD10 but for some reason I decided not to use the app2sd function. I can't remember why I decided that.

My issue is, I intend to use that function when installing CM. If I decided to restore my backup to UD10 will this be a problem? If I go back, should I do a fresh UD10 install and use the apps on the sd card that were installed during CM installation?

I sort of envision this apps2sd like the subway. It doesn't matter what train (ROM) pulls into the station, the passengers (apps on the sd) will be waiting to jump on. At least as long as the ROM supports apps2sd. Is this accurate? Am I asking too many questions for 1 post?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I sort of envision this apps2sd like the subway. It doesn't matter what train (ROM) pulls into the station, the passengers (apps on the sd) will be waiting to jump on. At least as long as the ROM supports apps2sd. Is this accurate?

Yes that's right.

If you put all your apps on the new partition using UD10, they will show up on CM even when you do wipe data+cache (which you should do).

rotordroid

Reaction score
I sort of envision this apps2sd like the subway. It doesn't matter what train (ROM) pulls into the station, the passengers (apps on the sd) will be waiting to jump on. At least as long as the ROM supports apps2sd. Is this accurate?

Yes that's right.

If you put all your apps on the new partition using UD10, they will show up on CM even when you do wipe data+cache (which you should do).

Only thing I wonder about is what happens to /data/data because that doesn't get written to /sd-ext

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Hi I read about the debate and I want to switch over to Cyanogen from UD 9.0 I have ROM Manager. What would be the steps I take to accomplish this task. I have backup all apps up per ASTRO even if I lose an app I can reinstall not worried about that. And helps with steps to make this install successful very appreciated. Can I use OTA from ROM Manager?

powerwagon

Reaction score
Hi I read about the debate and I want to switch over to Cyanogen from UD 9.0 I have ROM Manager. What would be the steps I take to accomplish this task. I have backup all apps up per ASTRO even if I lose an app I can reinstall not worried about that. And helps with steps to make this install successful very appreciated. Can I use OTA from ROM Manager?

Absolutely you can use ROM Manager. Just click on CM's latest (5.0.5.7 right now) and make sure when it gives you option to wipe data and cache, that you do that. It's up to you whether you do a backup of your current ROM. I generally don't, but that's personal preference. Should be as easy as that...nothing more to do.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score

I had better luck downloading 5.0.5.7 to my computer and putting on SD and then using ROM mgr to make the switch. I am very happy with Cyanogen. I switched to Jrummys to try it out and both stock and Jrummys are great. Looking forward the new 5.6!

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
not sure, but at this point is it best to first do the card format to allow app2sd?

topaz330

Reaction score
after we install koushs rom does it setup app2sd automatically? if not anyone have a step by step on how to setup apps2sd? also i was reading that the stock sd cards might not work well with partitioning, is everyone on here doing this on their stock card or did you buy a new one?

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I did it on stock card using rom manager, seems to work well.

topaz330

Reaction score
I did it on stock card using rom manager, seems to work well.

thanks, if you don't mind me asking what space settings did you use? also did you do this before or after installing koushs 5.5.7 rom?