Thunderbolt delayed

jcbsides

Reaction score
To those saying BB is selling early, what are you going off of? My local best buy told me today that they have no confirmed release date, but expect it either February 14th, 24th, or around then.

Because until today they made it seem pretty set in stone that they would have them the 14th...they seem to have just been trying to make commissions or something. This is ridiculous.

aRsTwiX

Reaction score
Isn't this is what Miami said last week That the Thunderbolt will be delayed?

Yeah. And everyone flamed him for it and questioning his credibility since he didn't give proof. Pretty funny if you ask me :D

moosez3

Reaction score

Yeah. And everyone flamed him for it and questioning his credibility since he didn't give proof. Pretty funny if you ask me :D

Well not everyone, my BB Rep said it should be here the 14th, but if not the 28th, I believe that is the same date miami posted, so while unfortunate, I believe he may have an idea of whats going on...

I wish that were the verizon release date and BB would get it earlier to us, but its seeming to be far-fetched at this point.

Thevaristy

Reaction score

Have to disagree here. First off, Miami didn't release this info. Miami claimed to have to info on Sunday, since that time we have a somewhat official announcement by best buy, and a commercial from Verizon. The YouTube commercial was pulled just today. This means that the delay had to have been called for last night or early today.

a44kaliburll

Reaction score
you know what I think?

I think BB will have it on the 14th. I think VZW isnt going to get it then because of this reason:

When I preordered the iPhone(mistake) online it only gave me an option for a 2 year agreement. I got to work that morning and promptly cancelled my order because there was absolutely no way to get a 1 year contract.

With that said, VZW is soaking up its new-comer and uninformed consumer with a 2 year phone agreement in which they will not be able to upgrade their contract after 14 days of sale or 13 months of contract anymore...due to the changes in their return policy and their change to their NE2 stuff.

So in short, VZW played a "check" on us consumers. They made it so the iPhone hungry, trendy folks can pad verizons wallet and buy as much as ever. Remember that within the first 2 hours of Pre-Sale, the iPhone sold more units than any phone ever in VZW's history.

Also I think its important to note that what VZW is also doing is saying the first 4G device is the Thunderbolt...but they dont want the "non covered LTE" consumer to purchase because they dont have a way to universally pay those customers and launch a national LTE phone. Its not like they can make me pay for a service and not be able to utilize it. So what is being said...under the covers is that if you get a 3g/4g device and are on a 29.99 unlimited contract for said phone, you are grandfathered.

where will VZW make their money? iPhone boners...this is why...

In a few months...the iPhone 5 will be LTE released and the masses will then want that phone...people will jump on it paying full retail and whatever contract (tiered data plans or whatever) they need to in order to fulfill their trendy hunger...the iPhone customers are VZW's cash cow just like those customers were for ATT.

We as an informed public have a chance to play a "check" on VZW...if we snatch up these TB's and are on a UNLIMITED 3G/4G data plan and only paying 29.99 a month....we are grandfathered...for unlimited LTE data...forever...unless we change our contracts...we will be the better off consumer because of this...for those of us who do the research and ask the questions over and over will be happier when those birds are paying crazy tiered data packages and we are getting that service on the cheap...we however will not.

I remember when I was on the SERO plan for Sprint...I was getting everything and more for literally $30 per phone that a top dollar ($90) phone plan consisted of...

Trust me when I say..VZW probably doesnt want us to jump on that bandwagon...and they probably want us to wait for the Bionic or a dual processor phone...

I for one have no prob getting this stellar phone with a locked in 2 year agreement with unlimited 3g/4g data...plus with BB's buy back program offered free you essentially can get a phone within 6 months for like $350 cash without doing anything to your contract...I almost paid $360 for an iPhone 4 on a 2 year contract...what a bone head move that could have been.

dajogejr

Reaction score
There are going to be two types of iPhone customers.
Ones that have to have it and will do anything to get off ATT.
They will buy the VZW Iphooey regardless if another phone cured cancer.

The other is the not so informed...

Those are the ones VZW is worried about...dropping a new LTE phone, Hotspot built in, Skype baked in (more than likely) 40GB of storage, not tied to iTunes...etc.

If they pull in these customers and the 14 day window passes...it's too late for buyers remorse.
The small number they sell at BB compared to what they'd sell pushing them out to all resllers, the web site and all VZW corporate stores is nothing.

The latter would be a huge number...not to mention the staffing and prep they'd have to deal with for iPhony users and TB/Droid users....

It would be nice if they could firm up a date/pricing for everyone on this phone.
That being said...VZW said @ CES Q1 of 2011.

The fact they're trying to do it early shouldn't cause angst or bad feelings towards them.

JMO

Thevaristy

Reaction score
The fact they're trying to do it early shouldn't cause angst or bad feelings towards them.

JMO

I would agree if they didnt let it get to the point where people are plunking down hard earned money on a pre-order that expires on 2/16. I asked the bb rep on twitter what happens if the phone comes out after expiration. His response...

"@Kentholio @twelpforce our pre orders for | Twelpforce Conversations After the 16th it will be sold first come first serve. You can possibly call your local store... #twelpforce"

This is a problem.

Sara77

Reaction score
My receipt does not have an expiration date anywhere from my pre-order...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Thevaristy

Reaction score

Its not on the receipt, its on the blue form you filled out. Its on the lower right side.

a44kaliburll

Reaction score

Its not on the receipt, its on the blue form you filled out. Its on the lower right side.

I never filled out a blue form...I got a gift card for $50 and a receipt with my refrence number that I need to present to the rep when I go get my phone. I was told the phone will be here on the 14th...and not many people preordered at that store.

Sara77

Reaction score
I didn't fill out a blue form - she made me a rewards member, put my # in the computer, took my $50 and gave me a receipt with my gift card showing a $50 deposit for pre-order for the T-Bolt. She sent me on my way telling me to pick it up in the am on the 14th...

a44kaliburll

Reaction score
I didn't fill out a blue form - she made me a rewards member, put my # in the computer, took my $50 and gave me a receipt with my gift card showing a $50 deposit for pre-order for the T-Bolt. She sent me on my way telling me to pick it up in the am on the 14th...

same here...

Sara77

Reaction score
I like that we had a similar experience!

Thevaristy

Reaction score

Gotta love BB. You would think they would have a uniform procedure for these types of things.