Thunderbolt May Be Getting Gingerbread Fairly Soon

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jun 27, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

There are two separate sources of information suggesting that the HTC Thunderbolt may be getting Gingerbread fairly soon. Originally, HTC promised that we would get Gingerbread before the end of the second Quarter. Since the update was delayed by necessary bug fixes, the primary one being the TBolt reboot issue, it may not actually hit by that deadline, which is Thursday.

However, it is still possible that we will see Gingerbread for the TBolt barely in time, or at the very least, within the next week or two. The first hint at the likely release comes in the form of the following support email from HTC,
    The second hint comes indirectly from some info detailed on the new update for Tango. You can see in the picture above that Tango expects to be working on the HTC Thunderbolt with Gingerbread. Perhaps HTC will squeak it out at the last second. Regardless, it's pretty exciting to hear that we can expect it very soon! dancedroid

Source: ThunderboltForums.com via Droid-Life 1 & Droid-Life 2
  2. FrellingFrakker

FrellingFrakker New Member

I really hope this is true. I'm most interested to see if this will allow us to finally use Skype video calling and Netflix.
  3. SithDroid2187

SithDroid2187 New Member

I hope this holds true as well. It would be nice for the devs to have an official release to build off of.
  4. GDP

GDP New Member

There's a lot of issues that they need to work out, so I would be surprised if it comes out real soon. Hopefully though

Sent from my Thunderbolt
  5. electric6

electric6 New Member

This is why I havnt rerooted yet. The second it releases I will root, freeze bloat, and enjoy!