More Rumors Indicate Delay of HTC Thunderbolt due to Verizon Maximizing iPhone Sales

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I would figure this was the issue. Verizon has so many devices in the pipeline these coming months and they wanted to push ready device launches up to make room for other devices to get their chance. Originally it was set for the 14th because is was the weekend after the iPhone and they expected them to be selling out like most iPhone launches on their first weekend. That wasn't the case though. There was plenty of iPhones on shelves by the end of the weekend. So now the iPhone needs more time to sell better. Simple. As long as the phone comes out this month, I'll be happy. I've waited since August, I can wait 2-4 weeks. :)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^lol....whats funny about what you posted...

I login to my account on Verizon and info for the iPhone shows up with the option of never showing it again. Never remember seeing that for any other phone....

The iPhone has its own section on Verizon's website. Under smart phones its all the smart phones except the iPhone. On AT&T its mixed in with all the other smart phones..

Just some things I noticed. Maybe cuz its old news for AT&T users, who knows.

Still, if it helps to make sure the Thunderbolt gets attention, so be it.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Just thought I would put my 2 cents in here.

They better not wait too long last year they could have sold more incredibles had they not had delays. They need to hit that period soon or risk people, who could not wait, holding off to see if another device gets released to rival it. Especially being the thunderbolt is basically the evo. Now something that HTC has going for them is that the videos I saw of the dual core devices I have not been impressed with the load speeds of applications. If its because google is not optimized then they need to get it optimized so people can see videos of the device opening applications with more zip than our single core devices. Now dual core is doing one thing good and that is playing games. But a lot of us do not just use our phones to just play games. I am impressed with the LG 3D phone and that is on my list right now, where it will rank will depend on what motorola and htc does.

Agreed. HTC is the big loser here, alot of og droid folks with 1 year upgrades are going to start looking in other directions. That xperia play looks better and better by the day.

For gamers the xperia play looks awesome, but Sony will have to establish that they can keep there devices current as they haven't done this in the past.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score

I login to my account on Verizon and info for the iPhone shows up with the option of never showing it again. Never remember seeing that for any other phone....

The iPhone has its own section on Verizon's website. Under smart phones its all the smart phones except the iPhone. On AT&T its mixed in with all the other smart phones..

Yeah jroc, I had the same problem and I checked the box for it to never show me this again and it keeps coming up everytime I log in, which is bull. They don't realize that not everybody wants to see that crap.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
They better not wait too long last year they could have sold more incredibles had they not had delays. They need to hit that period soon or risk people, who could not wait, holding off to see if another device gets released to rival it. Especially being the thunderbolt is basically the evo. Now something that HTC has going for them is that the videos I saw of the dual core devices I have not been impressed with the load speeds of applications. If its because google is not optimized then they need to get it optimized so people can see videos of the device opening applications with more zip than our single core devices. Now dual core is doing one thing good and that is playing games. But a lot of us do not just use our phones to just play games. I am impressed with the LG 3D phone and that is on my list right now, where it will rank will depend on what motorola and htc does.

Agreed. HTC is the big loser here, alot of og droid folks with 1 year upgrades are going to start looking in other directions. That xperia play looks better and better by the day.

For gamers the xperia play looks awesome, but Sony will have to establish that they can keep there devices current as they haven't done this in the past.

Why in the heck is the word Sony from my previous post linked? I didn't do that.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I personally get really tired of Verizon's games. If it is all about money and their ability to gain as many iPhone sales as possible, don't let the cat out of the bag of what else you have coming. Don't dangle that carrot then snatch it away at the last minute and expect all your customers to be happy. My contracts are ending and unless Verizon gets off their a$$ and releases new phones I may have to look to other carriers. The lines here in Tucson for the iPhone were non-existent. I think Verizon needs to look to their customers and see what they really want, that is where their real money is. Apple products are not all that and it is about time that Verizon wakes up.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
It's unfortunate that people are unaware that the iPhone 4 is old technology with LTE and dual core devices about to come out. Verizon wants to make sure that they get every unaware customer that they can into a two year then they will drop the latest and greatest technology making iPhone look obsolete and the iPhone users jealous.

It sure is nice being well informed.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I noticed that. Sad part is, if you clear cookies the ad comes back! But, really, I have no reason to go to VZW site unless I want to look at a phone or plan prices. I get an email every month for my bill and so long as it's @ $80 I'm good.

And it does kind of make sense to make it easy for people coming to the site to find the IPhone easily. Although it also could have been Apple wanting to restrict competition as much as possible - "don't even show our phone with Android on your site". Remember, there was little to no Android competition on AT&T.

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
On the topic of delays, BB told me, without hesitation or any hemming and hawing that the BB release would be the 24, with the Verizon release two weeks later due to the "exclusive sales agreement" between BB and Verizon, presumably to give BB the opportunity to get presales... now we're looking at a March 10 release according to BB... GRRRR

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I received a voicemail from Best Buy today stating that the expectednrelease date as of now is the 28th. It also said if it was delayed any further, I would be notified.... I have canceled my preorder...

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
It's unfortunate that people are unaware that the iPhone 4 is old technology with LTE and dual core devices about to come out. Verizon wants to make sure that they get every unaware customer that they can into a two year then they will drop the latest and greatest technology making iPhone look obsolete and the iPhone users jealous.

It sure is nice being well informed.

You say that like every tech company doesn't do the same thing. Motorola did, does, and will keep doing... Same goes for HTC And just about every other company out there...

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

I just want to point out that moto optimized 2.2 for dual core.. Proof is the engadget review of the atrix and they rated it a 9 out of 10 and engadget hates android. They also said it was the fastest phone they have ever used and apps and anything they threw at it was quick response so for everyone taht keeps saying that the dual core wont be utilized I think you are misinformed moto stated at ces that they have tweaked 2.2 to work with dual core

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

Sorry for the double post but hopefully tommorow we will get a release date for the thunderbolt becasue all these dates being thrown around is crazy... The 24th, no now the 28th, wait no now march.... I mean if they wait this long like march might as well as wait to april because the bionic is suppose to launch beginning of April so their window is slowly closing

johall07

Reaction score

i really hope i am wrong but didnt verizon just get rid of all upgrades....now you have to wait till your contract is up and sign up again to get the lower price.......hopefully if you are under contract this will only take affect after your current contract is up(haha yeah i am at a year and a bit)....or i just read it completely wrong