Thunderbolt delayed

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Corporate Verizon can easily handle it, but not the corporate Verizon stores. Many of the stores are relatively small. I have seen our 2 local stores packed with people on a weekend when there were no new phones being introduced. The wait to talk with someone was 10 or 15 minutes. Imagine what the wait would be if the iphone and TB were being introduced on the same day. Remember the lines outside of some AT&T stores when a new iphone comes out.

Now this makes sense, and also explains why no firm date has been set. They'll wait until the IPhone rush dies down, that could be 4 days, or a week, or longer.

Still doesn't explain why they planned/announced the TB for the 14th or whatever in the first place. Like I said, it's not like they just found out last week they were launching the IPhone.

This is their first LTE phone. I have to imagine we'll see some TB commercials at least 3-4 days before launch.

Westy

Reaction score
The folks at Best Buy just told me that they would have Thunderbolts in the store on Feb. 14th.
Maybe the delay is just at official Verizon stores and maybe the rest of it is an internet panic.
Time will tell.

Sara77

Reaction score
I just called best buy and when I asked about when I could pick my pre-ordered thunderbolt up she asked another employee and said, 'are we allowed to release that information?' then the other employee said, 'I don't know ask the manager.' Then I was put on hold literally for five minutes until the manager came on the line and introduced himself and said, 'The iphone is being sold here in the 10th and we are opening early at 7am however we are beginning presales on the thunderbolt but we do not have a solid, confirmed date.' So, he totally didn't answer my question and this is the very BB store that guaranteed me the 14th was when I could pick it up...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
They don't want iphone users that aren't in the know to discover that the iphone isn't the most advance phone that verizon has to offer, nor
do they want iphone users to have the option of returning the iphone for the thunderbolt.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mrkelly88

Reaction score
I just walked out of best buy and the guy said they are launching them the 17th with a price of $250 with upgrade

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
nor
do they want iphone users to have the option of returning the iphone for the thunderbolt.

Why would VZW care? They make the same amount money whether a customer buys an IPhone or a Thunderbolt. Technically more on the return if you count the re-stocking fee.

aRsTwiX

Reaction score
if the iphone IS the reason for the delay, it's a poor excuse. they can't handle 2 phone releases within a week???? REALLY??? the big mighty verizon can't handle it??? BS!!! i don't buy it.

It's not that they can't handle it, it's that it would be a poor business decision to do so.

If you release two products at the same time it will kill both releases, but if you release them separately, you give customers enough time to buy the first one and for sales to die down before another big release.

It's to make money, not to make their customers happy that the devices are out sooner.

motty69

Reaction score
While I've decided I won't be able to wait till I get my NE2 in May to upgrade, I will have to either save up our wait for my income tax refund to upgrade. So it's not a huge deal to me if it doesn't drop till the end of February. But I would still like to see it released sooner rather than later so we can get some good reviews and such.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

jcbsides

Reaction score

Rotas

Reaction score
I don't really care, as long as its soon....
Just want to be included in this free Buy Back program crap.

Still trying to figure out a way I can get my upgrade 14 days early
Verizon is acting like its a matter of life and death, been to 2 stores already.

want a droid

Reaction score
To those saying BB is selling early, what are you going off of? My local best buy told me today that they have no confirmed release date, but expect it either February 14th, 24th, or around then.