New Thunderbolt Update is Unofficially Delayed, or Just Unofficially Slow

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thunderbolt-update_0.jpg

Earlier, we reported the new Thunderbolt update coming down the pipe to you here. Unfortunately, it appears that this new update is either unofficially (as in... no word from VZW or HTC) delayed, or it's just taking a really ridiculous amount of time to get out to everyone. Some suspect that the delay was due to Verizon's LTE network crash, but that is just speculation at this point. The above pic is not official, nor can it be confirmed as coming from Verizon, but we will keep you apprised as we know more. We do know that it is being pushed out in waves, and that some people have it. Sound off in the forums if any of you have received the update, so that the rest of us can ogle you with envy. ;)

Source: ThunderboltForums.com via AndroidCentral

Dcon87

Reaction score
I like how we can see the whole message in the picture but the time as far as minutes and seconds is blurred out. ha

djsiva

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with VZW tech support and was advised the update has officially been delayed. She didn't give me specifics as to why, only that she thought it would be out in the next couple of weeks.

jseah

Reaction score
Probably because they are still having LTE issues with the "seamless" hand-off between 4G and 3G. Whenever my phone loses the 4G connection, it will show no data connection at all for about a minute or so until it either kicks back onto 3G or regains 4G.

djsiva

Reaction score
Probably because they are still having LTE issues with the "seamless" hand-off between 4G and 3G. Whenever my phone loses the 4G connection, it will show no data connection at all for about a minute or so until it either kicks back onto 3G or regains 4G.

Mine does the same thing, but not everywhere. I have severe 3g/4g issues at my house, but most of the city is great.