[THEME] RedRum 2.0

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
Do I need to load 1.0 then 1.1? Reason I ask is I went with 1.1 and could not get gmail to work. I am currently running Sapphire with 928.

jdm627

Reaction score
Thank you I found it the solution and your zip. Installed the D2kb with recovery but not installed.
Did the install abort? or did everything go well?
To enable the D2 keyboard, from your homescreen hit the menu button, settings, language & keyboard, select Multi touch keyboard (checkbox).
Then when typing something, long-press the text filed and select "input method" choose multi-touch and you should be good
Thank you I wiil try in this way

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do I need to load 1.0 then 1.1? Reason I ask is I went with 1.1 and could not get gmail to work. I am currently running Sapphire with 928.
Suggested to run a theme on top of the stock ROM only. Not theme on top of theme...whether its an update to the 1st theme or not. It's rare, but not surprising if data could get corrupted.
First thing you could try though is to go into you applications list, find Gmail and clear the cache. Then see if it will work. Others have found this as a solution, on other ROMs/theme as well.

bucket_of_does

Reaction score
Red themed Pandora still in the works? Red swype apk would be sick too (Blue theme is polished up, time for some redrum love).

Thanks z28

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Red themed Pandora still in the works? Red swype apk would be sick too (Blue theme is polished up, time for some redrum love).

Thanks z28
do you want it in the whole theme? or just themed pandora.apk?

Download:
Pandora.apk

Uninstall and/or remove any Pandora you have now...and install the above apk. It is signed so you can install directly from your sd card..or you could move it to /system/app/ then reboot.

Additionally, the entire theme has been updated to reflect the new version of Pandora...so redownload the file from here and apply theme as normal. If redownloading from ROM Manager, clear your download cache and download again so you will get the new file.

Last edited:
OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I downloaded your theme and everything went well until i updated my superuser and now it's gone. How can I get it back?
SU is not in the theme. It's in the ROM. Can't really say what happened as the theme doesn't affect anything with superuser. Can you try reflashing the superuser update?

Reaction score
I downloaded your theme and everything went well until i updated my superuser and now it's gone. How can I get it back?
SU is not in the theme. It's in the ROM. Can't really say what happened as the theme doesn't affect anything with superuser. Can you try reflashing the superuser update?

I did that but nothing happen. I'm gonna go to one of my saved ROMs and download Sapphire again along with Red Rum theme.

bucket_of_does

Reaction score
Installed apk, flawless! Best theme out. Got a red swype apk on ya? That's the only thing left I can think of to bother you about.

Thanks for all the work you put in to this.

BachinPhx

Reaction score
Have RedRum for UD 7.0 and love it. This iteration just looks a little more "tweaked". Any way of updating the UD version so I can re install?

BachinPhx

Reaction score
This really looks a lot like Cuttalot's RedGlass theme. Am I not seeing the similarity here?

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Have RedRum for UD 7.0 and love it. This iteration just looks a little more "tweaked". Any way of updating the UD version so I can re install?
RedRum wasn't released for UD.

This really looks a lot like Cuttalot's RedGlass theme. Am I not seeing the similarity here?
Maybe the fact that it's a red theme. But I can assure you this was based solely off of bgill55's orginal Red Rum theme. Main differences are a new framework and settings icons I personally created from scratch.

Last edited:

bdolan92

Reaction score
text icons

how do you install the text icons. i have tried doing it as i would a rom but they never change.

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
how do you install the text icons. i have tried doing it as i would a rom but they never change.
They aren't "installable"..perse'.
Download the zip, extract the contents to your computer, then transfer them to your SD card. They are just .png files. You use them when selecting the icon for the shortcut. Select shortcut, then when given the option to choose default, Launcher Pro, or custom icons, choose "custom". It will then open your gallery and you choose where you placed them.

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I want to reiterate that the port made by the person at the UD site wasn't given permission by me or bgill55 to port this to any other ROM. As such, this theme will only work fully with Sapphire ROM. Neither I, nor bgill55 will offer any kind of support with this theme unless it is used with the Sapphire ROM. The reason this 'iteration' seems more tweaked is because the theme porter doesn't get everything correct. ;)

I know this is the internet, and anybody can 'steal' anything they want and claim it as their own. But for the full/real experience, use Sapphire. It'll save me, but more importantly...you, the aggravation in the long run.