I have an easy question for experienced Theme dev's

Mikejl

Reaction score
I am trying to get my favortite dialer back into a theme by inserting the phone.apk into the theme.zip before flashing it. Here is what I have tried so far.

1. Running theme with preferred dialer and new update came out.

2. Restored my clean ROM with no Theme and installed the updated theme. The new theme came without a themed dialer so I added the older phone.apk to the updated theme.zip and flashed again. Worked perfectly.

3. Shortly there after another update came out and came with themed dialer. I still perfered the older dialer and again swapped the phone.apk. This time replacing the phone.apk did not change the dialer.

I went a step further and restored a backup with the phone dialer I like, then removed the phone.apk from the updated theme.zip and flashed again. I was surprised to see my dialer was once more replaced. (where the heck is the dialer coming from if not the phone.apk?) I tried many variations similar to that with no luck.

I looked though the files in the theme and didn't see any that looked like they would need editing except for the Manifest.MF and the old and current phone.apk text in the Manifest.MF match.

What am I not doing?

Thank you,

Mike

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am trying to get my favortite dialer back into a theme by inserting the phone.apk into the theme.zip before flashing it. Here is what I have tried so far.

1. Running theme with preferred dialer and new update came out.

2. Restored my clean ROM with no Theme and installed the updated theme. The new theme came without a themed dialer so I added the older phone.apk to the updated theme.zip and flashed again. Worked perfectly.

3. Shortly there after another update came out and came with themed dialer. I still perfered the older dialer and again swapped the phone.apk. This time replacing the phone.apk did not change the dialer.

I went a step further and restored a backup with the phone dialer I like, then removed the phone.apk from the updated theme.zip and flashed again. I was surprised to see my dialer was once more replaced. (where the heck is the dialer coming from if not the phone.apk?) I tried many variations similar to that with no luck.

I looked though the files in the theme and didn't see any that looked like they would need editing except for the Manifest.MF and the old and current phone.apk text in the Manifest.MF match.

What am I not doing?

Thank you,

Mike

your changing the wrong apk. switch out the new contacts.apk for the old one!

OP
Mikejl

Mikejl

Reaction score

Hah! I didn't see that coming. :redface: Updating with contacts.apk worked perfectly.

What threw me off was looking at the .png files in the 2 phone.apk drawable-hdpi-finger folders.

Thank you much bgill!

Mike

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Hah! I didn't see that coming. :redface: Updating with contacts.apk worked perfectly.

What threw me off was looking at the .png files in the 2 phone.apk drawable-hdpi-finger folders.

Thank you much bgill!

Mike

No sweat glad I could help!