[THEME] Galaxy S for Sapphire

tiger4life

Reaction score
**All credit for this theme goes to haxzamatic. He created this theme. All I did was port it to Sapphire.**

As requested, I'm creating a separate thread for the Gala S theme to make it easier to find, and to add some additional themed apps.

You can download the Gala S theme here:Gala_S.zip
*Updated. Voice Search app no longer force closes, and landscape unlock and silence tabs are now themed.*

If you would like to use the themed ADW Launcher, you can find it here:ADWlauncher.apk

Finally, if you're a Facebook user the themed version of it is here:Facebook.apk

I'll also be posting the themed Twitter app soon for anyone who uses it.

Hope everyone enjoys the theme, and let me know if you have any questions or issues.

Last edited:

skyyaa

Reaction score
looks really great, been thinking of switching to sapphire but the lack of themes has kept me - this might remedy that!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
What lack of themes?

We got smoked glass blue, nextang, black bar mod, blue energy, droptheme, redline, purple passion, emerald, minimalistic, 928's black glass, and this gala s theme.

May not be as many as others, but we got a good selection :)

Also, I'm probably missing one or two, but that is most of them.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bradgsanford

Reaction score
I'm really digging this theme. I might have found one I'll stick with for a while. Thanks for the port!

xMyStiCx

Reaction score
This is such a great theme. Do you plan to port the updated non-alpha version once haxzamatic finalizes it?

Keep up the great work!

fgw

Reaction score
Tried twice to install through Clockwork. Both times install aborted and said "bad." I even deleted the first download in case something went wrong.

Is SPRecovery the only way this can be installed?

justinthegeek

Reaction score
Tried twice to install through Clockwork. Both times install aborted and said "bad." I even deleted the first download in case something went wrong.

I installed it with clockwork, bad download maybe?

OP
T

tiger4life

Reaction score

The theme should work with Clockwork, as that is what I made it for and tested it with. I agree that it is probably a bad download.

What are you using to download it? If you're using a mobile browser, make sure you are downloading the actual file from mediafire and not just the URL link. I made this mistake the first time, and it resulted in the install aborting and saying "bad". If it still won't work, I would try a different mobile browser or use a computer to download it.

OP
T

tiger4life

Reaction score
This is such a great theme. Do you plan to port the updated non-alpha version once haxzamatic finalizes it?

Keep up the great work!

Thanks. I definitely plan to port the updated theme when hex releases it.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
What lack of themes?

We got smoked glass blue, nextang, black bar mod, blue energy, droptheme, redline, purple passion, emerald, minimalistic, 928's black glass, and this gala s theme.

May not be as many as others, but we got a good selection :)

Also, I'm probably missing one or two, but that is most of them.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The problem with that is not all themes are supported or listed on the main site. :(

fgw

Reaction score

The theme should work with Clockwork, as that is what I made it for and tested it with. I agree that it is probably a bad download.

What are you using to download it? If you're using a mobile browser, make sure you are downloading the actual file from mediafire and not just the URL link. I made this mistake the first time, and it resulted in the install aborting and saying "bad". If it still won't work, I would try a different mobile browser or use a computer to download it.

Thanks for the tip. I used the url link. Will go to mediafire.

Cleskers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I could not get the FB apk to install? How is it themed?

OP
T

tiger4life

Reaction score
Do you have facebook already installed? If so, you have to uninstall it first before you can install the themed version.

pctd

Reaction score
Couple bugs I found with this theme that prevent me from using it...

1. Voice search force closes on open. Dealkiller for me.
2. Unlock and silence bars are not skinned when the phone is in landscape. Also, these bars are not solid colors and still retain the shadowy gradient from the default. It looks out of place.
3. The bookmark icon in the browser is misaligned.

Other than that, its a solid skin, but I can't bring myself to use it fulltime with these bugs.