[THEME] Executive Series

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
****DISCLAIMER***
YOU USE THIS THEME AT YOUR OWN RISK. FAILURE TO UNDERSTAND YOUR PHONE'S OPERATING SYSTEM AND APPLICATIONS WHICH MAKE THIS THEME POSSIBLE TO INSTALL, CAN HAVE A POTENTIAL NEGATIVE EFFECT WHICH MAY BE IRREVERSIBLE!
YOU SHALL HOLD NEITHER ME, NOR DROIDFORUMS.NET AND/OR THEIR AFFILIATES RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISUSE OR IMPROPER INSTALLATION PROCEDURES

Now that the legal mumbo-jumbo is disclosed.....

I bring to you the Executive Series theme for your MOTOROLA DROID 1 Android device.
This theme is currently available for Sapphire 1.1.1 only, but I hereby give full permission for others to port to any specfic ROM they wish.
However, only support for this theme will be given with use of the Sapphire 1.1.1 ROM
An elegant executive style theme. Brushed metal accents along with gloss, wood trim and leather influences. Some icons from my previous themes have been re-used with different color schemes to match this high level of elegance.

Download file below:
Sapphire_1.1.0_Executive_Series.zip <----- For Sapphire 1.1.0 ONLY

UPDATE1:
Sapphire_1.1.1_Executive_Series_update1.zip <---- For Sapphire 1.1.1 ONLY!!!

For those with market issues, download and use the version below. Market is not included in the theme. Make sure you do a fresh install and wipe data before using this version!!!!!!!!!

Sapphire_1.1.1_Executive_Series_no_market.zip

INSTALLATIONS OF THEME: PLEASE READ BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL

Some users have issues with FC's (force closes) when applying themes that have been edited from their stock looks.
This can be a result of many things, but is usually a /data/data/ issue and/or conflict with applications.
I have set up a procedure/installation method that will work every time IF you follow the steps exactly as stated.
This method is generally agreed upon by most experienced users and themers to be the best practice when installing themes for you specific ROM.

Steps to follow:
1. First and foremost, make sure you have all of the current/updated files to install a ROM and theme on your SD card.
2. WIPE, WIPE, WIPE! Wipe everything on your phone. This includes the data, cache, system and boot partitions. You can do this in your recovery menu.
3. Install your ROM.zip
4. Install your g_apps.zip
5. REBOOT your phone and sign-in to Google. Once signed in, complete the set-up process and allow the sync to finish.
6. WAIT WAIT WAIT! Wait for ALL your apps to restore from the market. Do not do anything else until your applications have restored! For most people, the apps will restore without a problem. Length of time will vary depending on your connection speed (3G or wi-fi). If your apps do not restore, then you have an issue with the ROM and not the theme.
7. Once your apps have restored, sign-in to any of them that need to be set-up. Example: Pandora, or Google Voice, etc.
8. Now that your phone is all set up, you're good to go, right? Well, if you like Vanilla Android, then I guess so. But now you want something cooler on your phone.
9. Next, complete a FULL NANDROID back up! Why? because if something goes wrong with the theme, you can always go back to stock and not have to re-install the enitire ROM.
10. Once your NANDROID BACKUP is complete, reboot your phone.
11. Now, boot into recovery. Do this by powering down your phone. Slide open your keyboard and hold the "X" button down, then hold the power button down. Keep holding down until you enter the recovery menu.
12. Install theme.
13. Reboot phone.
14. I present to you, your newly themed phone!

Remember, this method is tried and true. Failure to follow these steps, or performing of steps in a different order can/will result in problems for you.
This isn't meant to berate or make fun of anyone, regardless of user experience level. This is meant to make sure you follow a good practice when installing themes
If you don't follow these steps to a "T", I can offer you no help or support as I will have no clue what went wrong in the process.
Please make sure you followed these steps BEFORE you report any issues with the theme :) It'll save me, and more importantly, you, headaches in the long run.

Executive Series theme.
What's new is this update?
For use with Sapphire 1.1.1 only!!!
More theming in framework-res.apk, settings.apk, a brand spankin' new exclusive Executive Series boot animation.
Power control widget icons now have an engraved effect applied to them. Turn them on, it looks like someone's been playing with sandpaper!
A few other tweaks to the theme including, but not limited to phone/contacts.apk's

Boot animation preview: CLICK HERE

These themes are ClockworkMod AND SPRecovery compatible.
For use in ROM Manager, simply select "Install ROM from SD card".
For SPRecovery users, simply rename to update.zip and install like normal from your recovery menu.

ADD-ONS: Launcher Pro dock background

lp_dock.png

App drawer icon: Credit thebowers (Black and Bold theme)

appbtn1.png

Below are some screenshots of what you can expect your phone to look like upon installation of this theme.

1.png

15.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

99.png

100.png

Last edited:
OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Last edited:

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
2 words.....saturated underwear....

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
good thing...this is very impressive work kudos fine sir

dbscothorn

Reaction score
Beautiful, just beautiful. Love the simplicity with the silver and faux leather accents. Can't wait to install this. Great job on a great looking theme.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
mmmm, that looks smoooooth!!! for Sapphire, i take it?? would love to see this and red rum on LFY!!

btw, the "Five Finger Death Punch" in the "executive theme" is hysterical!

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
mmmm, that looks smoooooth!!! for Sapphire, i take it?? would love to see this and red rum on LFY!!

btw, the "Five Finger Death Punch" in the "executive theme" is hysterical!
It'll be released for Sapphire, but I plan on allowing to be ported to other ROMs as well.

I'm in a 'knucklehead' kind of mood lol.
If your a true FFDP fan, you'll know what that means :p

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sorry, a little beyond my grasp. Alice in Chains, Rob Zombie, Nine Inch Nails - that's about as "hardcore" as i get. i'm over 40, with 3 kids - i'm just too gd old and tired... :)

I'll definitely be begging for some porting action once you drop it!!

Quantify

Reaction score
Agreed, this looks fantastic. I'm a sapphire user, so I look forward to loading this when you're ready. Thank you for sharing!

keithsmith22

Reaction score
Very nice looking. You might want to add an option or a second theme based on this one where the Power Control buttons look like wood. That would really look executive and sweet. Like a wood with engraved symbols that light up when turned on. I need to figure out how to theme. I can come up with the ideas and can do the photoshop work but don't have the computer know how to make it work. Just my opinion, it is looking very nice though.