[THEME] RedRum 2.0

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
****DISCLAIMER***
YOU USE THIS THEME AT YOUR OWN RISK. FAILURE TO UNDERSTAND YOUR PHONE'S OPERATING SYSTEM AND APPLICATIONS WHICH MAKE THIS THEME POSSIBLE TO INSTALL, CAN HAVE A POTENTIAL NEGATIVE EFFECT WHICH MAY BE IRREVERSIBLE!
YOU SHALL HOLD NEITHER ME, NOR DROIDFORUMS.NET AND/OR THEIR AFFILIATES RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISUSE OR IMPROPER INSTALLATION PROCEDURES

Now that the legal mumbo-jumbo is disclosed.....

I bring to you the famous Red Rum theme!

Download link:

Red_Rum.2.0_sapphire_1.1.1.zip <---for Sapphire 1.1.1 ONLY

INSTALLATIONS OF THEME: PLEASE READ BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL

Some users have issues with FC's (force closes) when applying themes that have been edited from their stock looks.
This can be a result of many things, but is usually a /data/data/ issue and/or conflict with applications.
I have set up a procedure/installation method that will work every time IF you follow the steps exactly as stated.
This method is generally agreed upon by most experienced users and themers to be the best practice when installing themes for you specific ROM.

Steps to follow:
1. First and foremost, make sure you have all of the current/updated files to install a ROM and theme on your SD card.
2. WIPE, WIPE, WIPE! Wipe everything on your phone. This includes the data, cache, system and boot partitions. You can do this in your recovery menu.
3. Install your ROM.zip
4. Install you g_apps.zip
5. REBOOT your phone and sign-in to Google. Once signed in, complete the set-up process and allow the sync to finish.
6. WAIT WAIT WAIT! Wait for ALL your apps to restore from the market. Do not do anything else until your applications have restored! For most people, the apps will restore without a problem. Length of time will vary depending on your connection speed (3G or wi-fi). If your apps do not restore, then you have an issue with the ROM and not the theme.
7. Once your apps have restored, sign-in to any of them that need to be set-up. Example: Pandora, or Google Voice, etc.
8. Now that your phone is all set up, you're good to go, right? Well, if you like Vanilla Android, then I guess so. But now you want something cooler on your phone.
9. Next, complete a FULL NANDROID back up! Why? because if something goes wrong with the theme, you can always go back to stock and not have to re-install the enitire ROM.
10. Once your NANDROID BACKUP is complete, reboot your phone.
11. Now, boot into recovery. Do this by powering down your phone. Slide open your keyboard and hold the "X" button down, then hold the power button down. Keep holding down until you enter the recovery menu.
12. Install theme.
13. Reboot phone.
14. I present to you, your newly themed phone!

Remember, this method is tried and true. Failure to follow these steps, or performing of steps in a different order can/will result in problems for you.
This isn't meant to berate or make fun of anyone, regardless of user experience level. This is meant to make sure you follow a good practice when installing themes
If you don't follow these steps to a "T", I can offer you no help or support as I will have no clue what went wrong in the process.
Please make sure you followed these steps BEFORE you report any issues with the theme :) It'll save me, and more importantly, you, headaches in the long run.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

ADD-ONs:

Droid 2 Multi-touch themed keyboard

kb.png

Available as a download. Flash like you would a theme/ROM:

D2kb.zip

Boot animation is included with the theme, however, if it doesn't flash properly for you, you can download the single file seperately

bootanimation.zip credit- ME

Launcher Pro dock background can be used by saving the image directly below: credit- ME

launcher_pro_dock_bg.png

App launcher icons: credit theBowers (from his Black and Bold theme) not included in the theme, but made available
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/63061-wip-black-n-bold-thebowers.html

or right-click and save these images:

appbtn1.png

appbtn2.png

Manup456's text icons: credit to Manup456

texticons.zip

Comments/questions...feel free to ask!

Last edited:
OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
There are several people who I must give thanks and credit.

THANKS
First and foremost is bgill55.
A true theming legend, IMO!
His contributions to the community have definitely left a positive mark.
Not only his quality and speed of releasing/porting themes, but also his patience in helping to teach me the ins and outs of theming. Everything from showing me how to put those damn 1 pixel borders in draw9patch to making sure what I make is consistent across the phone. Overall, just a really cool dude who loves Android! The kind of guy you'd like to hang out with and have a few drinks!

Next up...JSinlegacy and RoLa! These guys gave me some pretty high ladders to climb. Their artwork in themes is definitely high quality. They inspired me to make something actually worth looking at. Not just copy & patse an image into a folder. To you guys, I salute!

My beta testers!
Mike and a few others for picking out the things I missed or screwed up. Good job guys! Will keep you in mind for future projects!

Finally, to anyone else I may have forgotten that showed me a neat trick or a cool icon to use. Putting a file in an .apk is easy. Designing it is the hard part!

CREDIT

Mostly bgill for giving me an awesome foundation to give Red Rum a facelift.
The internet image search for finding ideas on what good icons look like.
Roberj13 for using a few of his dark-style images to make the reds really stand out.

I'm sure there are others that I simply forget their names.
As this is my first theme , an updated theme albeit, thanks to everyone who helped me in the process and also to those who use this theme!
The future looks promising......and graphically enhanced!​

Last edited:
OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Feeling special cuz I got me two of 'em now!

RoLa

Reaction score
Love the notification icons Carl....Nice work bro!

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
I havent tried sapphire yet but I wanted to say good work this looks really nice: love the dock background and I personally use this font on every theme I rock.(even though I see alot of people who dislike that font I think it looks awesome! Keep up the nice work.

jayman350

Reaction score
great job Carl! I'm loving the brushed aluminum look in the notification bar. Can't wait to see what kind of boot ani you come up with for this. Is that a whole theme for Launcher Pro?

I'm still using your limited ed blue boot ani from TC, one of the best i've seen.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ahh my red Rum baby looks all grown up now!!!!!

Mikejl

Reaction score
Carlz,

Just saw this post. RedRum has always been the top theme in my eyes too. From the screenshots it looks like bgill picked the right guy to carry on the theme!

I look forward to flashing RedRum 2.0...

Mike

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Carl,

Is that a themed Launcher Pro I'm seeing in that second screenshot?

Mike
Yes it is. I won't be including LP in the theme, but I will provide the png as a seperate file to use. It matches the rest of the theme.

Thanks for the comments everyone else. Things are going well. Just a few more things to theme and then this baby is gonna roll out! Friday at the latest!