[THEME] RedRum 2.0

Discussion in 'cvpcs' started by carlz28, Aug 15, 2010.

1. beakdroid

beakdroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info bgill55, altho I am not quite sure on how to edit a file like that yet. Is it possible to change the color anytime by editing the file. What I meen is, could we have a color pallet, or is it pick one at a time? Thanks

2. kevev99

kevev99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Real stupid question here: How do I get the app button from page 1 of the thread to load? I figure I have to copy it to the sdcard, but how do I apply it? I'm using ADW.Launcher if that helps.

LOVE Red Rum. The boot animation is awesome. Put a COOL Sons of Anarchy wallpaper on that fits the theme to a T!

3. kevev99

kevev99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's a screenshot until I can get the app button installed:

4. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    ADW launcher doesn't allow for custom images to be used as dock app icons, unfortunately.
    You'd have to create a theme for it to get that image in the launcher.
    Sorry :(

5. kevev99

kevev99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, so I need Launcher Pro? No biggie. I'll download that. The button is too cool to pass up, and I like the dock bar too. So just copy the images to the sdcard and change them in Launcher Pro I assume?

6. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, for app and the app drawer button, long-press where the current icon is. A pop-up will be displayed asking to change shortcut, change icon or swipe gesture. Select "shortcut'......2nd pop-up ...choose applications, then choose the app you want in that place..then another pop-up will ask 'default icon', launcher pro icon or custom..choose default if you want the stock app icon to be displayed...or custom if you want to use text icons.
    For the app drawer button...same method, but second step, instead of choosing 'applications' select "App drawer"..then follow through with selecting the custom icon......which will then be on ur SD card.

Hope that all makes sense :)

7. kevev99

kevev99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! All hooked up now.

8. bad4u

bad4u Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what color are the notifications in the status bar when dropped down for pandora and music? are they white or the stock android black?

9. kevev99

kevev99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Couldn't tell you. I don't use Pandora and the music app I use once in a while. I used the GEM Settings to change all my notifications text. I think I have them set to white, silver, or black. You can change the text to whatever color you want in GEM Settings.

10. kevev99

kevev99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK so I'm really digging Red Rum. So much that I was talking to a guy and his wife today who both have Droid 1s and want to root their phones (they still don't have Flash, want to overclock, wifi tether, among other things). I gave them all the info so they could do just that, highly recommended Sapphire and showed them Red Rum. They loved it. And ironically, we were on a pirate ship boat ride at the time, so the rum was appropriate :)

Anyway, I've got 1 thing I don't like about Red Rum and 1 request for a future feature, and I'm hoping Carlz28 or someone else can help out as maybe they are floating out there:

1. Pandora is now installed on my Droid. I didn't download and have no intention of ever using it as I have a Sirius subscription and have that app (I should say I'm waiting for them to fix it to work with Froyo). How do I remove it as I don't think it installed with Sapphire since it wasn't there before I put Red Rum as my theme?
    2. I use the Facebook widget. Is it possible that will be skinned in Red Rum fashion at some point?

That's it. Trying to share the love and get more people over from the Dark Side of being restricted by Verizon.

11. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Pandora was included only in the theme cuz may people use it and wanted it themed. The only reason I decided to theme it was because it usually doesn't get updated too often, so that leaves less maintenance on updating the theme itself.
    If you have Root Explorer, you can delete the Pandora.apk file right inside the /system/app/ folder. Reboot, and its gone for good.

As far as Facebook, I themed it originally, but then an update came out for it and I never got around to re-theme the files.
    I don't plan on adding to the overall theme anytime soon as I have a bunch of projects going on.
    But I could throw something together for you personally in a day or two.
    Send me a PM and we can discuss what you want themed exactly. :)

12. kevev99

kevev99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Carl for the info on Pandora. Check your PM about Facebook.

Search tags for this page
android dock backgrounds

dock background

dock background android
dock backgrounds
dock backgrounds android
drawer icons
htc dock background

launcher pro docks

launcher pro theme
red launcher dock