[THEME] RedRum 2.0

beefjerky41

Reaction score
Im really loving this theme. Very nice work! My question is about the Pandora and Google search widgets. Neither is themed. Actually I have 3 Google search widgets. Im not sure what is going on with that. But none of them are red. One is black, one is white with the google button on the side and one is white old style with no button. Also no themed Pandora.

beakdroid

Reaction score
I am really enjoying this theme. Thanks so much carlz28, and thanks to the sapphire team,this theme really is awesome! I want to try a few other roms, but I have been running this for a week now and everything is so fast, and customized to my liking, I don't want to give it up! Thanks again!!

beakdroid

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is any way to change the color of the clock when docked in the multimedia charging dock? I would like to have red, that would really stand out a little more than the green it is now. Thanks so much bgill55 for allowing carlz28 to keep redrum alive!

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im really loving this theme. Very nice work! My question is about the Pandora and Google search widgets. Neither is themed. Actually I have 3 Google search widgets. Im not sure what is going on with that. But none of them are red. One is black, one is white with the google button on the side and one is white old style with no button. Also no themed Pandora.

Hello, thanks for the compliments.
I just reuploaded the zip for the theme with Pandora added back in as themed. Pandora was updated last week I believe and may have resulted in un-theming the application.

The Google Search box...yeah I ended up with 3 of them as well. One that is with the launcher, one that came with Sapphire ROM, and yet another with the theme lol. One of them is definitely themed. I just flashed what I uploaded and one is definitely red lol. Just have to try the widget for each one till one of them shows up themed.

What I recommend is to re-download the RedRum2.0v1.1 (the 2nd file in the OP) and reinstall that. If downloading from your PC, just transfer over to your SD card and flash as you would a ROM. If you're planning on re-downloading it from ROM Manager, be sure to clear you download cache from within ROM manager first. Then download. That way you will get the newest file available.

That should take care of your issues. If it doesn't, please let me know and I'll see what's going on :)

I was wondering if there is any way to change the color of the clock when docked in the multimedia charging dock? I would like to have red, that would really stand out a little more than the green it is now. Thanks so much bgill55 for allowing carlz28 to keep redrum alive!
Hmm. Not sure about that one. I'll have to take a look at the files. But I think that may be controlled by xml..not just images. I'll get with bgill55 about this and see what he says. I don't have a dock so i can't really see what you mean.
But I will investigate. :)

beakdroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response carlz28, any info on the docking clock color will be greatly appreciated. I had another rom installed a few weeks back, not sure if it was UD or LFY, but the clock color was red and it was easier to see across the room at nite. Just something I think is cool to be able to change or add to fit the mood!

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response carlz28, any info on the docking clock color will be greatly appreciated. I had another rom installed a few weeks back, not sure if it was UD or LFY, but the clock color was red and it was easier to see across the room at nite. Just something I think is cool to be able to change or add to fit the mood!
I'm gonna be kinda busy this weekend to search for it. But if you could find out which one it is, I would gladly swap out the files for ya and send you a custom theme file. I just dont know exactly where to look so I'd be starting from scratch with the red areas. If not, no biggie, it'll just be a couple days until I get it figured out. lol

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
its not a file its in the Service.jar you will have to edit that!

beakdroid

Reaction score
No problem, I will figure out which one it was and let ya know! I am in no hurry,just enjoying my customized droid! Keep up the good work and thanks again

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
its not a file its in the Service.jar you will have to edit that!
I think you mean YOU will have to edit that lol :p
I'll hit you up on gtalk later tonight and get it figured out.

beakdroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the info bgill55, altho I am not quite sure on how to edit a file like that yet. Is it possible to change the color anytime by editing the file. What I meen is, could we have a color pallet, or is it pick one at a time? Thanks

kevev99

Reaction score
Real stupid question here: How do I get the app button from page 1 of the thread to load? I figure I have to copy it to the sdcard, but how do I apply it? I'm using ADW.Launcher if that helps.

LOVE Red Rum. The boot animation is awesome. Put a COOL Sons of Anarchy wallpaper on that fits the theme to a T!

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Real stupid question here: How do I get the app button from page 1 of the thread to load? I figure I have to copy it to the sdcard, but how do I apply it? I'm using ADW.Launcher if that helps.

LOVE Red Rum. The boot animation is awesome. Put a COOL Sons of Anarchy wallpaper on that fits the theme to a T!
ADW launcher doesn't allow for custom images to be used as dock app icons, unfortunately.
You'd have to create a theme for it to get that image in the launcher.
Sorry :(

kevev99

Reaction score
ADW launcher doesn't allow for custom images to be used as dock app icons, unfortunately.

OK, so I need Launcher Pro? No biggie. I'll download that. The button is too cool to pass up, and I like the dock bar too. So just copy the images to the sdcard and change them in Launcher Pro I assume?

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

OK, so I need Launcher Pro? No biggie. I'll download that. The button is too cool to pass up, and I like the dock bar too. So just copy the images to the sdcard and change them in Launcher Pro I assume?
Yeah, for app and the app drawer button, long-press where the current icon is. A pop-up will be displayed asking to change shortcut, change icon or swipe gesture. Select "shortcut'......2nd pop-up ...choose applications, then choose the app you want in that place..then another pop-up will ask 'default icon', launcher pro icon or custom..choose default if you want the stock app icon to be displayed...or custom if you want to use text icons.
For the app drawer button...same method, but second step, instead of choosing 'applications' select "App drawer"..then follow through with selecting the custom icon......which will then be on ur SD card.

Hope that all makes sense :)