[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass 2.2 for Sapphire v0.8.4 now available!

wingdo

Reaction score
Update.zip Patch for Missing Settings.apk (below)

Full Update is uploading and will be in Main Thread in a just a few...

Does this only affect the power control widget? If so, I'm not going to run the update because I don't use that widget anyway, and I love my current setup!

Thank you by the way for putting this theme together! It is very complete and looks awesome :icon_ banana:
It affects alot more than the widget..trust me, run the patch or use the new full version.

Thanks!

Dave, this theme keeps getting better and better. Thanks for all the effort on this.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
OK, I tried to make a MM of just the status_bar_background.png, but failed miserably. I will have to depend upon the kindness of strangers.

OK, apparently I am less inept than I thought. For anyone who wants the original Droid Does background on the Notification Pulldown use MetaMorph to apply the attached file.

I have to agree that it does look better with Droid Does dancedroid

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Does this only affect the power control widget? If so, I'm not going to run the update because I don't use that widget anyway, and I love my current setup!

Thank you by the way for putting this theme together! It is very complete and looks awesome :icon_ banana:
It affects alot more than the widget..trust me, run the patch or use the new full version.

Thanks!

Dave, this theme keeps getting better and better. Thanks for all the effort on this.

anyway coloring the signal bars...Then it would be complete for me dancedroid

wingdo

Reaction score
Last edited:

Warrior

Reaction score
Im using Sapphire 8.4 and themed my phone with 928DroidBlackGlass2-2-Sapphire-0-8-4-b-update.zip (rename to update.zip). Love the theme but my notification bar has black fonts. I can't see the clock bc it's blacked out to. Everything else seems to be fine. any ideas?

wingdo

Reaction score
Im using Sapphire 8.4 and themed my phone with 928DroidBlackGlass2-2-Sapphire-0-8-4-b-update.zip (rename to update.zip). Love the theme but my notification bar has black fonts. I can't see the clock bc it's blacked out to. Everything else seems to be fine. any ideas?

Go into GEM Settings, Click Text Colors, General, Clock and change it to whatever color you like!

tek112

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and I hate to start off with a question, but perhaps someone can help.

I have Sholes running 2.2 on my 1Ghz Droid (Original). The theme transferred without a hitch and I used GEM to modify the status bar issues. However, the notification pull down is practically unreadable, because of the transparent background. Is there anyway to adjust the opacity? If not, it's not a big deal.

Also, the messaging theme is a little funky. Everyone's reply messag has the black glass theme (smoked transparent window) with black text (so, basically black on black) and there is a giant gray plus sign in the middle of the message. It makes it hard to read. My outgoing messages, however, are black on a white background, just like the standard android messaging. Any fix/workaround for this.

Any help is greatly appreciated and kudos to the developer of this very clean, beautiful theme. Seriously, it is hard to read feeling, but this theme has made me feel like I have a new phone.

Thank you!

wingdo

Reaction score
I assume you changed the notification text colors to white, I have no issues reading the white on black even with the transparency. (GEM settings -> Text colors -> Notifications)

Which app are you having issues with the messages? Is it the app itself or a widget?

Oh and WELCOME!! :icon_ banana:

tek112

Reaction score
I assume you changed the notification text colors to white, I have no issues reading the white on black even with the transparency. (GEM settings -> Text colors -> Notifications)

Which app are you having issues with the messages? Is it the app itself or a widget?

Oh and WELCOME!! :icon_ banana:
Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

I would do white, but the white just doesn't mesh with the rest. I currently have red text set, so think submarine...lol I would rather be able to change the transparency, but if not, it's all good.

I am using the stock android messaging app.

Thank you for the welcome.

MAzing87

Reaction score
I apologize in advance if someone pointed out this issue, or the answer to my question has been answered or posted in the thread.

Is there a reason for the power off list of this theme to be much different from the power off list from the 0.8.4 rom (Reboot with option to reboot to recovery/cancel)? I attempted to reboot into recovery but was highly confused with the Airplane off/on choices to the point where my internet stopped working. Even when I disabled it, my phone was useless. I had to flash the 0.8.4 to get it back. Is that something that can be fixed?

Maybe I downloaded the wrong zip file?

Last edited: