[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for CM6 RC3 now available!

jerroedr

Reaction score
so i dont know what i should download. i have cyanogenmod 6. no themes ever installed before. sorry and thanks!

Cali E

Reaction score
What's the issue? Boot-looping or it just not taking? If it's the latter, are you sure you're installing it correctly? I'm not trying to make you sound like an idiot when I ask if you're allowing the install before you're telling it to install, but that's caught more than one person up even after they've rooted for a long time.

It's the latter, I've tried it multiple times in ROM manager, from clockwork recovery and even so recovery. What do you mean "allowing it to install "? I am rooted if that's what you mean, I have superuser permissions ..
I just don't know

im having the same issue in a sence. ive been using ur themes for a while now and they are nothing short of awsome. i love them, but im having a similar issue to this person. i wont instal any of cm's updates until ive seen that u have an updated version of the rom, when i saw u had one, i updated and tried to install it. i am using ur second revision of the theme which is the latest on that has been posted. its strange because it themed my google search bar and my browser, but nothing else. my lock screen and notification bar are still the same and so is the market. any ideas?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
so i dont know what i should download. i have cyanogenmod 6. no themes ever installed before. sorry and thanks!

This only 1 THEME file in the CyanogenMod Download Folder, if the description is confusing, look at the file size... there are 5 files and only one of them is larger than 1.75mb....kind of narrows it down a little :)

Around 40mb plus is gonna be a full theme file :)

jerroedr

Reaction score
SWEEEET!! havnt done it yet but i will when im fresh tomorrow. thanks!

oh and since my noobishness has already been proven one more question cant hurt... something said the main file doesnt include a theme launcher...what is that and how do i know which to pick?

Thanks again!

This only 1 THEME file in the CyanogenMod Download Folder, if the description is confusing, look at the file size... there are 5 files and only one of them is larger than 1.75mb....kind of narrows it down a little :)

Around 40mb plus is gonna be a full theme file :)

Last edited:

tommytmt

Reaction score
What's the issue? Boot-looping or it just not taking? If it's the latter, are you sure you're installing it correctly? I'm not trying to make you sound like an idiot when I ask if you're allowing the install before you're telling it to install, but that's caught more than one person up even after they've rooted for a long time.

It's the latter, I've tried it multiple times in ROM manager, from clockwork recovery and even so recovery. What do you mean "allowing it to install "? I am rooted if that's what you mean, I have superuser permissions ..
I just don't know

Have you install CM6-RC3 First??? Before installing the Theme???

And, was everything working OK with CM6-RC3 before you installed the Theme.

Just so you know my Theme files are just Theme files, NOT ROMs.

Also which Launcher are you using?

If you had CM6-RC3 successfully installed prior to installing my Theme. what exact stesp did you do to install the Theme... be specific and Theme file name please.
Hey there Mr. 928 I've installed CM6 RC3 first, used it for a little while and it worked perfectly, then I downloaded your theme(the 40+ MB "r2" file of course)to the root of my SD card, then I went into ROM manager and selected "install from SD card" and it did the rest. I tried that a bunch of times then I decided boot into recovery and tried doing it directly from there, both clockwork and SP ... after that didn't work I then booted back up and re-downloaded the file(just to make sure that previous file didn't get corrupted during download somehow) and went through all those steps again to no avail, I even tried renaming the file "update.zip", rebooted into recovery and tired the "apply update.zip" option and nothing. I have no idea what to do now. On another note I just wanted to that k you on behalf of all of us, personally have never seen a developer as involved with assisting his followers, kudos to you :)
...also I am using adw launcher

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
Anyone else having an issue with the gallery and camera FCing? Could be a CM thing - didn't test that before I themed.

js0724

Reaction score
To the people having trouble installing full theme...

For me, even after a wipe and fresh install of RC3, the theme fills up /system. The only way I could get the full theme to install was to delete as much junk as possible from /system as possible and remove several apk's from 928's zip. There are old/unused apk's in there anyways like corporate calendar to name one off the top of my head. Yeah it was a PITA, but worth it in the end. Koush and 928 are just maxing out the internal memory with their awesomeness.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
To the people having trouble installing full theme...

For me, even after a wipe and fresh install of RC3, the theme fills up /system. The only way I could get the full theme to install was to delete as much junk as possible from /system as possible and remove several apk's from 928's zip. There are old/unused apk's in there anyways like corporate calendar to name one off the top of my head. Yeah it was a PITA, but worth it in the end. Koush and 928 are just maxing out the internal memory with their awesomeness.

GOOD CALL!!! I have experienced the same thing.. while my Theme on has what comes with Stock Froyo, CM6 does have alot of extra stuff too!! Heck just the CMWallpaper and LiveWallpaper apps they put in there is over 10mb, I prefer to have my Wallpapers on the SD card, but that's just me.

A few of the things you can delete from my Zip if you don't want them are GoogleGoggles.apk, FaceBook.apk, Twitter.apk,

BTW CorpCal.apk is not in my Theme Zip anymore

Again, I put them in there because that is what comes with Froyo and it is easier to delete stuff then create extra Update.zips to add those back in for those that want them.

Items that can be deleted from CM6 Stock ROM, this is a double and not even used as it is the older version, QuickSearchBox.apk. Others are com.amazon.mp3.apk,, HtcCopyright.apk, HtcEmailPolicy.apk, HtcSettings.apk , FaceBook.apk, Twitter.apk,

ALSO, in just checking my Update.zip I found another error...somehow I left ADWLaucher in there, which is also causing some people problems, sorry!

New "r3" version is uploading now, be there in 15 minutes or so.

js0724

Reaction score
Do you ever sleep? It's a rarity to find such a responsive dev, especially when it involves a free product. You set the bar so high for themers. Most don't even come close. Thanks!

Brian_Rohan

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a different looking #1 button on their dial-pad compared to the other numbers? Its skinnier and almost sickly looking :). John, if this is an update needed to the Theme, can we get just the image to add into our existing update file?

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Does anyone else have a different looking #1 button on their dial-pad compared to the other numbers? Its skinnier and almost sickly looking :). John, if this is an update needed to the Theme, can we get just the image to add into our existing update file?

I think that is part of the Wysie Contacts app, seems like I noticed it alos and it stuck out. Will see what I can do with it, but pretty sure it is that way to leave room for the Voice Mail icon if you select to put it there (one of the options in settings).

jerroedr

Reaction score
got it all working! sick theme, especially for my first!

much thanks to furbearingmammal

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Theme

I just absolutely love this theme, I have tried many others but this is by far hands down my favorite of all time....AWSOME job..

jerroedr

Reaction score
Hey, a little help is needed...

Since the install of the theme (and a kernel) yesterday, Ive noticed the phone getting bogged down. Like switching between home screens goes slowly or can be unresponsive for example.

I was thinking it was one of two things,

that my RAM is low
or
the chevyno1 ulv 1.25 that i put on may need to be changed to lv? like im thinking that the ulv causes a slower startup time?

If the ram is low, then it relates to what was being said on the last page about removing stuff from the zip files.

If its the other thing im in the wrong thread and am sorry, but advice would be cool if available...

Im still a noob and apologize for my noobishness

Thanks guys!