[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass 2.2 for Sapphire v0.8.4 now available!

mtkregs

Reaction score
I don't know how I came late to the game installing this theme...

Very nice...Very clean. Thanks for a job well done!!

tek112

Reaction score

MAzing87

Reaction score
Sounds like you downloaded the wrong zip file

Oh yeah, wrong zip. it should have sapphire-0.8.4b in the zip name

Updated 07/14/10
928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2.Sapphire.0.8.4."b" UPDATE.ZIP Theme - For Sapphire v0.8.4 (will also work on 0.7.0):
Download Link: 928DroidBlackGlass2-2-Sapphire-0-8-4-b-update.zip (rename to update.zip)

I picked this one.

41.69 MBs

That's the one I picked out. And the boot animation will start after a few frames (The word Droid won't even appear, just parts of the letters) and loops over.

tek112

Reaction score
Oh yeah, wrong zip. it should have sapphire-0.8.4b in the zip name

Updated 07/14/10
928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2.Sapphire.0.8.4."b" UPDATE.ZIP Theme - For Sapphire v0.8.4 (will also work on 0.7.0):
Download Link: 928DroidBlackGlass2-2-Sapphire-0-8-4-b-update.zip (rename to update.zip)

I picked this one.

41.69 MBs

That's the one I picked out. And the boot animation will start after a few frames (The word Droid won't even appear, just parts of the letters) and loops over.

For your issue I would Nandroid back and try again. I had to do this previosuly to get other things working.

MAzing87

Reaction score
Updated 07/14/10

I picked this one.

41.69 MBs

For your issue I would Nandroid back and try again. I had to do this previosuly to get other things working.

Well I tried to start from scratch by reapplying the 0.8.4 rom, step by step, and when I got to the updating with the google apps, I got the droid Icon as if I opened the phone out of the box. When I clicked it, it wouldn't take me to the set up. Finger would just keep pointing to the Icon. So I flashed one of my sapphire back ups (had the apps and adw launcher) and applied the theme that way and it looks like it works. I have the reboot option, along with the airplane on the power list. Everything looks good to go. Thanks to all that helped.

bhughesiii

Reaction score

Well I tried to start from scratch by reapplying the 0.8.4 rom, step by step, and when I got to the updating with the google apps, I got the droid Icon as if I opened the phone out of the box. When I clicked it, it wouldn't take me to the set up. Finger would just keep pointing to the Icon. So I flashed one of my sapphire back ups (had the apps and adw launcher) and applied the theme that way and it looks like it works. I have the reboot option, along with the airplane on the power list. Everything looks good to go. Thanks to all that helped.

I doubt that this is your problem, but I have had pilot errors sometimes when I get to that part, I either am not lined up on the droid icon or I am touching too fast (i know that sounds bad), Maybe hold your finger there a little longer... Let the comments begin, I know my wording sounds bad but trying to help a fellow user out.

tek112

Reaction score
Bump for some help with my messaging issue. As stated previously my messaging app (stock android messaging app) looks completely normal except when showing replies. The reply is in a black smoked glass transparent window with a gray plus sign in the middle of it. The text is black and the message for the most part is unreadable unless I am in doors with minimal lighting.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

serveitup911

Reaction score
tek112, mine looked like that also. You need to go into the app and press menu -> settings -> scroll down and choose black background. Then restart messaging. That fixed it for me.

tek112

Reaction score
tek112, mine looked like that also. You need to go into the app and press menu -> settings -> scroll down and choose black background. Then restart messaging. That fixed it for me.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I didn't know about that option, but it still doesn't work.

The box is unchecked and I do have a white background. It's just that everyone's reply to me has this glass black box around theirs.

I would enable black background if I could change the text to white.

Any other ideas?

edit: Strange. I set it to black background and the text was black. I try it again and now the text is white. Weird, but I think I'm good now.

Thanks serveitup911 for the slick workaround.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This theme is amazing. Thank you, 928!

Quick question - is the power control widget supposed to be black glass in this version? I wiped data/cache before installing Sapphire, wiped cache before installing black glass, and it wasn't themed. So I did it all again, but still no luck. Before I try a third time I figured I should ask (because it would have made way too much sense to ask the first time lol).

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
This theme is amazing. Thank you, 928!

Quick question - is the power control widget supposed to be black glass in this version? I wiped data/cache before installing Sapphire, wiped cache before installing black glass, and it wasn't themed. So I did it all again, but still no luck. Before I try a third time I figured I should ask (because it would have made way too much sense to ask the first time lol).

Are you sure you downloaded the latest "B" version??? The earlier version did not have the settings.apk in it (some goofball left it out :)

I just downloaded and checked the current version and it is there.

Reaction score
Heh, I had the first version. I think I downloaded it a day or two before flashing it. I just downloaded b and am applying now. Thank you!

wingdo

Reaction score
I didn't know about that option, but it still doesn't work.

edit: Strange. I set it to black background and the text was black. I try it again and now the text is white. Weird, but I think I'm good now.

Thanks serveitup911 for the slick workaround.

You need to exit messaging and come back in for the change to take. I too see this issue if I use the white background. I don't think it's Sapphire but the ruqqq "improved" mms client. Luckily I like the new messaging client and am trying to wean myself off handcent. I like the black background so we'll see.

If this isn't resolved in the next revision of ruqqq (think that's him) mms app, I'd put in a bugzilla request for the ability to switch back to the stock one with switchapk like we can with music or clock.

jbrock98

Reaction score
Anyone had the phone lock up on the lock screen? When I first installed theme the screen locked it didn't even load up it said no service, sdcard icon in status bar was frozen and couldn't drag the unlock sliders, I rebooted and everything was fine til this morning I had been using my phone w/ no problems but I look down and its frozen again I did another battery pull and rebooted all is fineagain but anyone know what's doing this?