The official "I got it" thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by pc747, Feb 9, 2012.

1. LadyHottShott

LadyHottShott Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I'm only paying for 2gb, I went with the double data package Verizon offered - actually the only thing that made me jump on a smart phone. I hated seeing how for the same money, $30, my hubby gets unlimited, lol. But figured, 4gb would probably be enough for me. :) I think he used 32 gbs in the month of Nov. lol

2. fingaz

fingaz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In the last 6 months, I have never gone over 750 mb's... but now, with the Droid 4, I just hit the 2.1 gb mark (my plan cycle ends today). Maybe it was just a lot of downloading apps to the new phone and what not, but I used a TON more data this month compared to my last few months. I was thinking that I would prob use more data since its a, better faster phone, and it looks like I have.

3. hellmonkey

hellmonkey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Question, does the OS show the battery in smaller chunks than 10% intervals? Thats one of the things that annoys me about the D2. Its not a deal break, Im just curious.

4. diablo85

diablo85 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    not that i've noticed, even after accidentally installing a 1% increment battery icon, still only registered every 10%.

5. hellmonkey

hellmonkey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. Do you if the notification icons are still in framework-res\res\drawable-hdpi or is there a different location with Gingerbread?

6. diablo85

diablo85 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes, the notification icons are still in framwork-res\res\drawable-hdpi. i wound up using ninjamorph to revert back to the stock battery icons. @_@ scary as !@#$ with no sbf available.

system dump located here

#78 diablo85, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  7. hellmonkey

hellmonkey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool, thanks for the info. Im not too worried about chaning icons. Those are just pngs. Youre not really chaning anything. I used Metamorph to change everything about my notication bar and pull down. A nandroid backup would fix anything you might mess up, but Ive done a couple phones and changed mine countless times. Ive even pulled out some apps to change icons. They wont update anymore because the signature changes, but I tweeked messaging, gmail, clock, email, and a few others. All I did though was change Icons

8. diablo85

diablo85 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it was my first time messing around with ninjamorph, or any form of the /system files that didnt come in the form of a new rom .zip, which made it kind of nerve racking.

9. bishoy

bishoy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so my droid2 decided to take a dive in my fish tank this morning. I was going to wait for the Droid4 MAXX if there is one, but i had no choice and bought the droid4 today

10. LadyHottShott

LadyHottShott Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You made a great choice!!! My phone can go a day and a half and still have 30% battery on it! And this is after spending hours playing on and it getting new apps. But I have been really utilizing the smart actions, so I think those have helped out a lot in terms of battery life.

11. RJT185

RJT185 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Last night I upgraded from my DROID2 to the LG SPECTRUM. This morning I went right back in and go the DROID4.

I'm SO psyched to have the Droid 4. :)

12. dsw1519

dsw1519 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got the d4 last night, coming from the d1. Got the d1 on release day in 2009 so it was barely limping along. So far i am really liking this phone. With no real complaints yet. I took the time to set up smart actions, and also turned off wifi and switching back and forth from 3g to 4 g. Battery life is better than expected.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Search tags for this page
android keyboard asterisk
certificates that disable screen lock options droid razr

firm up the slide action droid3

get it now media center
what is zumo service on android
where is asterisk on android keyboard

where is the asterisk on android keyboard

where is the asterisk on galaxy s3 keyboard
where is the asterisk on my droid razor keyboard
where is the asterisk on the android keyboard#gsc.tab