Official "Which Device are You Coming From?" Thread

vmu

Reaction score
The Droid 4 is my first Motorola phone since the M368 :p After that I became a Nokia man for years. But when Nokia abandoned their own os and "teamed up" with ms, It was time for me to switch to Android. I use a Sony Ericsson Xperia pro at the moment. Great screen, fantastic camera, nice keyboard. But I fell in love with the Droid 4 (Just look at that keyboard, wow) So I bought a Droid 4. It's still sim locked, but once I unlock it, I's "welcome back Motorola" for me :D

Big D

Reaction score
Just got the 4 after I lost my 3. LOVED the 3 and had no intention of upgrading. At first the 4 was a bit of a disappointment due to the slightly bigger size and I thought the 3 was a bit sleeker.

That was yesterday. Today, after root and a bit of time with the 4, I rather like it. The keyboard is better (which I didn't think possible) and it's 4g. Size seems fine now and the sliding motion is better - sticks closed better but slides smoother. Much improved in that regard. I think Moto HAS to be the best equipment maker in the game (outside of aapl, of course).

I really haven't noticed a huge upgrade in speed from 3 to 4g. Wonder why that is.

Like it.

goodcat

Reaction score
Got the Droid 4 on Tuesday. Came from D2, and loved it. I have to have a physical keyboard, and this is the best I've ever used. The D4 reminds me a lot of the 2, obviously. But, IMO, it improves on it in almost every way. Love the bigger size, the keyboard, and 4g is super fast. My 4g is actually hitting d/l speeds faster than my home internet at certain times.

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
2.5 years with Blackberry Curve 8300; followed by 2.5 years with Blackberry Storm 2. Miss some things about the Blackberry:
  • Easy synch with Outlook ... still have not figured it out with Droid 4 (Outlook Calendar, Contact, Tasks, Notes)
  • Rich calendar features
  • More flexible control of Sounds ... i.e., could make everything silent except for calendar.
  • Also on sounds, could have multiple rings; multiple vibrations
Other that than, really like the Driod 4. Have a "grandfathered" no-limit on data plan, and added the Wi-Fi hotspot, which I use with my iPad 2 and my laptop. However, I don't overuse them ... it's just handy to have and worth $30/month for me.

I have a LOT to learn about the Droid 4, but at this point am really enjoying it. Of special pleasure is the outstanding keyboard. The Curve 8300 had a physical keyboard, but it was too small for my big thumbs; the Storm 2 did not have a physical keyboard, and I missed it. The Droid 4 keyboard is outstanding. Sure, some of the keys are in different positions than what I was accustomed to, but the learning curve was short. Overall, and outstanding product!

Last edited:

johenkel

Reaction score
To websquad:
you can change all sorts of sounds for the D4. Can set sounds different for text, or certain email account or location, etc.
I have two outlook accounts on my D4 - each with its own notification tone. Calendar and tasks work great - although calendar was easier in the D1.
For tasks however, I use mainly RememberTheMilk.com - love it!

For a specific ringtone for a specific caller, go into your contacts, click menu-button and select options. There you can change the ringtone for that one caller.

:)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

bofis

Reaction score
Upgrading from my Droid2Global, which I got as a FRU replacement from Verizon for my Droid2 when I had a speaker issue. Still LOVED the D2G and passed it on, along with it's awesome CM7 ROM to my wife, who is slowly falling in love with how pink I was able to make the entire OS. Cannot wait for CM9 to function better on the D4 so I can ditch GB once and for all.

warmpudgy

Reaction score
coming from the original droid
had it for nearly 2 years, great phone
loved how the frame was some sort of metal

but it finally went ape**** and the screen started jumping around and pressing random buttons and would lock up or restart for not apparent reason
and sometimes when plugging in the usb it would restart into recovery mode

oh and sometimes during the middle of calls it would hang up and start playing a random song from my memory card

now im on the droid 4, skipped right over 2 and 3
few quirks i dont like, but over all great device

i wish the @ and ? were the primary on the keys instead of having to press shift to get them

also whats the point of a caps lock when double pressing the shift does the same thing?
and why dont the letter keys (qwerty) have alt characters?

arent there 60ish buttons on a standard qwerty keyboard (minus the function and some others) and like 55ish on the droid4 keyboard? you'd think they could make them as similar as possible

but enough complaining, great phone:hail:

johnnieeve

Reaction score
Got the D1 November 09 and it was, and still is a great phone. But, the D4 is a true upgrade to the D1. If a slider keyboard is important to you, the D4 will impress. Despite some reviews, I find the keyboard the best yet. Video and camera shots are very natural looking for the most part, and many helpful options. 4" screen is small by today's standards, but outshines the D1 screen. I'm over 3 months using the D4 and enjoy it every day. Check it out.

johenkel

Reaction score
Does RememberTheMilk interface with Microsoft Outlook (under Windows)?

RTM works better alone I think. Have used the outlook interface but it doesn't seem to sync just right. Uninstalled again. But I use the mail-in option for new RTM items through outlook.
Right now I use the app and the browser version to schedule all my work including my whole team. Love it. Everyone has the app. I know when things got done.

Absolutely love it!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

TruChupacabra

Reaction score
Lol I'm coming from several devices. But directly from a Touch Pro 2 from Verizon.

I wanted to stay on vzw and actually wanted a Pro 7 but vzw wouldn't pick it up so i wait and waited. Till a device came out for me, I demoed the Droid 4 and decided it was time to move on. I needed a device that would allow me to be a mobile office, there are still things I miss about the tp2 but this is definitely an upgrade.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using Tapatalk