Official "Which Device are You Coming From?" Thread

slikno420

Reaction score
Coming from the samsung transform ultra. Actually still using it to mess around with rooting and romming. It just wasn't capable of doing what I wanted to get out of it. Also boost sucks for service. Lol

Twisted4u

Reaction score
i am coming from a droid 2 global that phone was alot of fun but the droid4 is one huge step forward no mater wher i go from here it will always have to be a motorola.

Mike253

Reaction score
Droid X2 4/18/12 soon to be Droid 2 (highly supported with cm7) and I love the physical keyboard.

Sent from my DROID X2 Running CM7

GregCMCSE

Reaction score
Came from a Sprint Touch Pro 2 -- which had a slightly better keyboard layout with slightly worse keypress execution and a much nicer tilt action for the screen when slid up.

Overall, however, the Droid 4 is better. But there is no question that I wish a few of the TP2 features had been replicated on the Droid 4.

Joyna

Reaction score
leaving dead 18 month old D2G for D4

screen failed on D2, found too many reports of same on Verizon forums. I just hope the one report of D4 doing that is a fluke. I'll be hot to use warranty this time.

DroidudeAZ

Reaction score
Had a Galaxy Nexus I paid full price for in January, got switched out to a Razr Maxx 4 months later because the GNex couldn't hold a 4G signal and finally to a Droid 4. I'm able to deal with the smaller screen. The hardware keyboard is fantastic.

DroidudeAZ

Reaction score
I had a Verizon Touch Pro 2 a couple of years ago. It was my favorite phone except for WinMo. I wish HTC would make a tilting screen phone with a 4.5" HD screen and ICS. I would buy it in a New York minute.

lubes17319

Reaction score
Moved from a 3-1/2yr old LG Chocolate flip.
I fell like I'm from the future with this thing!

cnmizer

Reaction score
I moved from the Palm Pre 2. The hardware of the Droid 4 is a good upgrade. But I do have to admit that webOS was a little easier to troubleshoot and modify to how I wanted it. Android is good, but I can already feel how it is fragmented by how many devices there are.

Last edited:

DroidudeAZ

Reaction score
I had the Droid 4 then switched to the Galaxy Nexus and my contract came up, so I got a Droid DNA, which has a sick screen. I loved the keyboard on my Droid 4.

Kevrox

Reaction score
Just got a new Droid 4. Upgraded from the Droid Pro. Droid 4 has a sweet keyboard!

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
Kevros, did you buy your Droid 4 with our without a carrier contract? If without, how much did you have to pay for it?