Motorola Droid Case Reviews

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that the Droid is out in the wild, please help us build a detailed FAQ of Droid Case reviews! Let us know what you went with, why, what you like/dislike, cost, etc..

Thanks!
Dan

cyrax2768

Reaction score
I just got the Body Glove case for my droid and i like it alot however it is such a pain to take on and off, so if you have the car mount or multimedia station it's a mission to pop the body glove off the phone for you to use the other mounts. Anyone else experiencing that?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got the Body Glove case for my droid and i like it alot however it is such a pain to take on and off, so if you have the car mount or multimedia station it's a mission to pop the body glove off the phone for you to use the other mounts. Anyone else experiencing that?

But that suede lining is oh so nice! I won't have my phone until 1:30 but have had the Glove for a few days now.

ckidwell

Reaction score
Because of using the car mount and dock I am looking for a "pouch" type case where the phone slides in and out from the top, if anyone at all has found one please let me know! I searched for about an hour today before I was ready to just go play with my droid.

Zippster

Reaction score
I am using the body glove also so due to this am returning my multimedia station, even though as I am thinking about it, a different style case may be the better option seeing as though I would need to remove the BG to use the car unit as well.

lauriep

Reaction score
I'm planning on leaving my phone "nekkid" and bought a fold over holster at the VZ store today. Not what I want, but will do until I find exactly what I am looking for. I will use the two cradles (car and home) everyday, so a true case won't be happening.

Since I don't have my phone yet, but I bought the screen protectors that VZ sells, can anyone tell me if they affect the screen sensitivity?

ckidwell

Reaction score
They didn't affect mine, but I'm not good with putting those on or they suck because i was getting little pockets of air, epsecially on the sides and the top/bottom. I ended up throwing them away, I'm pretty sure it's hard to scratch the glass on these anyways.

Zippster

Reaction score
I'm planning on leaving my phone "nekkid" and bought a fold over holster at the VZ store today. Not what I want, but will do until I find exactly what I am looking for. I will use the two cradles (car and home) everyday, so a true case won't be happening.

Since I don't have my phone yet, but I bought the screen protectors that VZ sells, can anyone tell me if they affect the screen sensitivity?

If you bought the thick ones that are labeled Privacy also, getting alot of complaints from IMO killing the sensitivity.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
I picked up the Leather Pouch from Verizon. This is going to serve me until I can find either a higher quality case, or determine how much of a difference the skinz make with the multimedia dock.

This case is rather flimsy and I REALLY don't care for the velcro that holds it closed. Guess I got used to the magnet with my Blackberry holster. Still, this will do in a pinch.

I found that the Body Glove on phones of this style tend to get loose after a while and if wearing on your hip, you're prone to knock part of it off in doorways, brushing up against car doors, carrying briefcases, messenger bags, etc. Just my observations from usage in the past. I do hope they work out for those that have them however.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
I bought the Body Glove and it's great, but I'd like to get a silicone case for it in the future as an alternative. I want something with some color!

Guindalf

Reaction score
I don't like the way the Body Glove leaves the face of the phone exposed. Someone clumsy like me is bound to crack the screen by bumping into something. I much prefer the pouch and I found some NFL pouches online for $14.99 (free S/H), so I'll probably go for that.

It really bugs me that VZW sell products that are so totally incompatible with each other just to make a sale. It's absurd that the BG case should be allowed to be sold with the car mount and multimedia station when they just won't fit together.

Zippster

Reaction score
I don't like the way the Body Glove leaves the face of the phone exposed. Someone clumsy like me is bound to crack the screen by bumping into something. I much prefer the pouch and I found some NFL pouches online for $14.99 (free S/H), so I'll probably go for that.

It really bugs me that VZW sell products that are so totally incompatible with each other just to make a sale. It's absurd that the BG case should be allowed to be sold with the car mount and multimedia station when they just won't fit together.

Well their getting mine back tomorrow so didnt do them alot of good. :icon_evil:

I'll probably end up purchasing them again down the road sometime when a better case that is easier to use comes along, until then the body glove should protect it ok for me.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I am using that Xentris Black case and it's actually not bad....looks cheap off the device but when you fasten it it fits nice and tight with some good protection...looks pretty good. I'll get some pics up soon...

I's not the best but it will get me by for now.

NvrEnough

Reaction score
I have the Body Glove. It is getting in the way while typing at the very top. Im wondering If can cut the piece out. My fingers cant get get in there on the top row.

I dont think it actually clips in so im not sure how flimsy it would make it.