The official "I got it" thread

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I expect the D4 to sell very well. It's really the obvious best choice if you want a QWERTY phone with LTE.

Maybe.. a lot of people that wanted one opted for the Droid 3(I was one of those people), and most casual phone users aren't gonna pay retail for a new phone before there contract ends. The only reason I'm able to is because I'm lucky enough to have 3other lines with upgrades on them. I mean obviously now the Droid 4 is the for sure choice for someone who wants a keyboard, but that doesn't mean it will sell well. I'm still considering if ik going to buy if or not yet, waiting to see what devs come to it.

The Droid 3 was fortunate to see a lot of dev support for the phone itself, and all of the Bionics theme worked for it. Maybe the RAZRS will work for the 4?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

LadyHottShott

Reaction score
I expect the D4 to sell very well. It's really the obvious best choice if you want a QWERTY phone with LTE.

I agree, there are a lot of people still left out there that want a good solid physical keyboard. I know I can't stand virtual keyboards.

debdroid1a

Reaction score

I agree, there are a lot of people still left out there that want a good solid physical keyboard. I know I can't stand virtual keyboards.

I agree with both of you. Even if another phone comes out or if the Stratosphere is still available, the D4 will be the better choice in phsyical keyboards. It's better then my D1. At first I had to get use to not pressing the Sym key to type a number, but it wore of quickly:biggrin:.

Ihauntu2

Reaction score
Picked mine up today for $149.99 minus the $50 gift card at a Best Buy that wasn't my local store. Love the keyboard except for the CAPS being where shift was on the D1. I've already yelled at a few folks via txt. I also like the stock ringtones for once (currently using Droid Speaks for creepy factor). The biggest CON is the amount of bloat and spyware. I'm waiting until I root it and freeze all this crap before adding any accounts & syncing.

Just hope I don't brick it. It will be my first time rooting.

Rambo76098

Reaction score
Ordered mine at a corp store on Saturday. They had just sold the last one in stock, so I get to wait a few days.

That said, I got it for $75 with tax!!! There was a mystery 3G>4G $100 upgrade discount that hasn't been advertised and didn't show up in "My Verizon", and my $30 new every two discount. I never expected to get the best price at an actual Verizon store! I was getting ready to fight with BB to match Amazon's $99 and got an even better deal and didn't have to negotiate!

Still can't believe how much Motorola cheaped out on the screen, but the D1 that I've got now is getting too slow even with CM7 and being OC'ed to 800mhz. I wish they would have launched it at $299 with a Super-amoled screen and a bigger or swappable battery, but we can't have everything we want. At least this sucker is a major performance improvement compared to the D1 and still love my physical keyboards!

LadyHottShott

Reaction score
Just got it last night!!!

Got home from work last late night to find my new Droid 4! Just opened it up... haven't even turned it on yet - but wanted to give impressions of the phone itself.

I am very happy with my choice. The phone is gorgeous! I don't see why people are complaining about how 'big' it is. I don't notice much difference from the original Razr, which I played with a lot at the store last week. It's a little thicker, but shorter - which to me, makes it feel much better in my hand. I don't feel like it's going to snap in half when I'm holding it. It's actually THINNER than my Samsung Alias 2. The slider works great - feels solid, doesn't seem cheap at all. The keyboard - oh my gosh - took my breath away. If you're a die hard physical key board lover like I am, you'll be amazed.

Very impressed with the back cover as well. After seeing some youtube videos of people having issues with it, I now realize it's because they were using it incorrectly. I saw one video of a lady pulling down on the cover without using the key and almost broke the darn thing. I saw some other guy try to snap the whole thing on at once and then it was sticking out at the bottom. To put it on, simple snap on about half way down, then gently slide upwards. Fits GREAT and no signs of it coming out either.

I can tell my husband who has the Droid X is very jealous lol Another plus! :biggrin:

I will post more later once I go get it running. Sorry couldn't hold my excitement any longer!

LadyHottShott

Reaction score
Follow up...

Been setting up and playing with my first smart phone. It's been rather easy. I have a Ipod, so it's rather similar.. But WOW this screen is amazing! Keep in mind that I'm coming from a basic phone, haha. But the screen is way better than the one on my ipod - which btw, I can't wait to sell and be rid off!

Thank goodness I got this phone - I tried to send a text on the virtual keyboard just for kicks - yeah, epic fail. I just do not have what it takes to master that stupid thing. But then, I slid out my keyboard - Sweeeet! So easy to type on! LOVING IT!!!

Anyone know how I can turn off data though? I figured out how to turn wifi on and off, but can't figure out data... Sorry, total noob here.

hellmonkey

Reaction score
Been setting up and playing with my first smart phone. It's been rather easy. I have a Ipod, so it's rather similar.. But WOW this screen is amazing! Keep in mind that I'm coming from a basic phone, haha. But the screen is way better than the one on my ipod - which btw, I can't wait to sell and be rid off!

Thank goodness I got this phone - I tried to send a text on the virtual keyboard just for kicks - yeah, epic fail. I just do not have what it takes to master that stupid thing. But then, I slid out my keyboard - Sweeeet! So easy to type on! LOVING IT!!!

Anyone know how I can turn off data though? I figured out how to turn wifi on and off, but can't figure out data... Sorry, total noob here.

Some form of data will always be on, unless you are in airplane mode, then all radios are off.

LadyHottShott

Reaction score
Some form of data will always be on, unless you are in airplane mode, then all radios are off.

Thanks! I have 4gb of data a month - but I don't now how 'much' that is, lol. Being my first smart phone, I'm worried about going over. I mainly use only wifi while at home to do everything and get emails or do occasional web browsing when I'm away from home, so not a big data user. But still, don't want to go over, lol.

smartphoneguru

Reaction score
Thanks! I have 4gb of data a month - but I don't now how 'much' that is, lol. Being my first smart phone, I'm worried about going over. I mainly use only wifi while at home to do everything and get emails or do occasional web browsing when I'm away from home, so not a big data user. But still, don't want to go over, lol.

You should drop down to the 2gb data plan. I'm a power user (sych all day with exchange account with 90-100 emails per day, 3 other email accounts, sync Facebook and Twitter, Weather, etc, etc. I surf the web, and play Words with Friends for at least 30 minutes. In the last 6 months, I've never gone over 1.3gb per month. I connect to wifi at home and whereever else there is free wifi when I'm out.

LadyHottShott

Reaction score
You should drop down to the 2gb data plan. I'm a power user (sych all day with exchange account with 90-100 emails per day, 3 other email accounts, sync Facebook and Twitter, Weather, etc, etc. I surf the web, and play Words with Friends for at least 30 minutes. In the last 6 months, I've never gone over 1.3gb per month. I connect to wifi at home and whereever else there is free wifi when I'm out.

Well I'm only paying for 2gb, I went with the double data package Verizon offered - actually the only thing that made me jump on a smart phone. I hated seeing how for the same money, $30, my hubby gets unlimited, lol. But figured, 4gb would probably be enough for me. :) I think he used 32 gbs in the month of Nov. lol

fingaz

Reaction score

In the last 6 months, I have never gone over 750 mb's... but now, with the Droid 4, I just hit the 2.1 gb mark (my plan cycle ends today). Maybe it was just a lot of downloading apps to the new phone and what not, but I used a TON more data this month compared to my last few months. I was thinking that I would prob use more data since its a, better faster phone, and it looks like I have.

hellmonkey

Reaction score
Question, does the OS show the battery in smaller chunks than 10% intervals? Thats one of the things that annoys me about the D2. Its not a deal break, Im just curious.