The official "I got it" thread

fingaz

Reaction score
Glad to see you guys made the correct choice to get the D4!! :rockon:

I have had the D4 since it came out and I really don't have a problem with the D4's battery life at all. If I use it only to just text and make a few calls, it easily lasts all day. BUT if I am playing a lot of games or streaming music, the battery will drain rather quickly. Plus, I feel it actually last pretty long when the phone is in standby (screen off, not using it) and it does charge up pretty quickly. The other day the phone was dying, I plugged it into the wall and it went from 5% to 50% in about an hour.

p.s. - Plus, getting a car charger like this is key. I always plug it in whenever I am in the car. $10 at Wal-Mart.

Belkin : Micro USB Car Charger

bosshog85

Reaction score
Just got it yesterday. The screen is kinda weird, probably because I went from the super AMOLED display on my continuum to the Qhd display. The battery life is good. The 4G is just blazing fast, I love it! Can't wait for ics to be delivered to this phone.

ered

Reaction score
Hi,

My question is, can you uninstall all those Apps or service(instead of freezing them) you don't care to have or use? for example, I don't use Yahoo at all. Am I able to uninstall it?

Thanks

I did similar, though ordered from Amazon.com as a replacement/no contract phone as my renewal isn't for another year....also moving from the D3 to the D4.

The D4 will have slightly shorter battery life compared to the D3 primarily just from the 4G radio (it seems to be a killer).
Battery life can be greatly improved if you root and freeze the extreme amount of bloatware and social services that aren't needed.

Here's all the crap I froze.

Reaction score
went from a D2 to a D4. So far I'm loving it. Rooted it last night and by the end of the week, i expect to have most of the bloatware killed, tethering on, and I might have time to play around with the opening splash screen. I really want it to say "Good morning, dave" even though my name is Mike.

TruChupacabra

Reaction score
Well I picked up the Droid 4 about 3 days ago from Verizon for only $99 and all in all it was a good deal.

What I like:
Keyboard Keyboard and Keyboard. My phone need to be capable of allowing me to type long or detailed emails and this device provides that. I've used alot of keyboards both virtual and physical and this one is hands down one of the best. Not better than the touch pro 2 in my opinion but a close second.

So far I'm not rooted but that won't last long, the phone is moving nicely no lag. It did have alot of bloatware but that's to be expected from a Verizon device.

Overall its a solid device and one that i will be hanging onto, the battery life could be better but again who didn't see this coming? I managed to do a test yesterday and minimize usage, screen brightness and disable LTE. By minimize usage I mean no Skype, Draw Something or Netflix. I still did plenty of texting, emailing and even calling and the battery managed to last an entire day on 1 charge.

Anyway so far I'm enjoying this device.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using Tapatalk

SnglGrma

Reaction score
dancedroid Finally got mine! dancedroid

Have had it a few weeks now and I have mixed feelings over it. I think I need to take classes on this one LOL... and I am coming from the 2.

What gets me is the smart applications, the speaker volume, sound effects, talking as though I am in a bubble of water to others! Seems like my phone falls asleep and refuses to wake up when I want to use it until I reboot it. Maybe I need a setting to have it reboot daily?

My Wi-Fi turns itself on and off as well as the data... I am one of the lucky ones who got grandfathered in with the unlimited everything. I seriously think I turned settings on that I don't need off the ones I do. But I Love the fact that when I go to the mountains I actually have a good signal with the new 4G, when I had nothing with the 3G.

I don't think I have the blown speaker symptoms that others are experiencing, because I can be on a call and standing in my living room and be clear as day, but go into my bedroom and I am all garbled to the other person. Then when I go into the powder room both sides are Garbled.

It takes so much longer for the phone to boot up compared to my Droid
2. I am too lazy to take it to Verizon this week, maybe next week.
:hail:

Twisted4u

Reaction score
i got mine about a month ago. I talked some one into letting me use there update so i could get it at discount and not loose my unlimited data. I would have paid full price if i had to i just had to have this amazing device. I rooted it the night i got it but it took me 3 weeks to jump to ics leak .213. Now i am on leak .215 and absollutly love it i am a moto man for life I never bought into the SIII to me you can not beat a good solid moto device.dancedroid

MelissAnnH

Reaction score
I did similar, though ordered from Amazon.com as a replacement/no contract phone as my renewal isn't for another year....also moving from the D3 to the D4.

The D4 will have slightly shorter battery life compared to the D3 primarily just from the 4G radio (it seems to be a killer).
Battery life can be greatly improved if you root and freeze the extreme amount of bloatware and social services that aren't needed.

Here's all the crap I froze.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

HEY!! How did you get it from amazon like that - when i put in no contract - it charges me $549, im ready to buy off of craigslist but im afraid to do that, although i almost did for $350 this morning. Im on a d3 and hate it, my camera sucks my gallery freezes, and this is my 3rd replacement phone, motorola and vzw BOTH agree with D3 has lots of issues but i have no way of upgrading to the d4 or ip4s unless i pay $549 or above. :angry:

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
HEY!! How did you get it from amazon like that - when i put in no contract - it charges me $549, im ready to buy off of craigslist but im afraid to do that, although i almost did for $350 this morning. Im on a d3 and hate it, my camera sucks my gallery freezes, and this is my 3rd replacement phone, motorola and vzw BOTH agree with D3 has lots of issues but i have no way of upgrading to the d4 or ip4s unless i pay $549 or above. :angry:

Because that's what I paid....$549. I wasn't eligible for an upgrade but was ready to move on from the Droid 3 and was fearful that Verizon would force those moving from 3G to 4G to move to the shared data plans (I'm unlimited) on anything after the June 28th date so I made sure I was already there before June 28th. I knew I would have to provide my own device....but was just making sure I had all my bases covered so ordered the phone at full retail.

You can also check Swappa.com though I'm not sure they have any D4's...they don't seem to last long on there. To help offset the cost I sold my D3 for $175 on Swappa.com.

dlallen66

Reaction score
Droid 4 with GRB was great then came ICS came out and everything went to Hades. This was a downgrade. It almost made my phone worthless. No battery life, keyboard lite works backwards, everything is slow, and frankly it's a piece of crap. I seriously would fire the folks that were responsible for releasing this junk. You people should be fired and sent to Siberia.

fastpat

Reaction score
Droid 4 with GRB was great then came ICS came out and everything went to Hades. This was a downgrade. It almost made my phone worthless. No battery life, keyboard lite works backwards, everything is slow, and frankly it's a piece of crap. I seriously would fire the folks that were responsible for releasing this junk. You people should be fired and sent to Siberia.
I agree completely, in fact the "features" show definite signs of idiocy at work. I'd estimate ICS downgraded the usability of my D4 by a whopping 40%.

dlallen66

Reaction score
I agree completely, in fact the "features" show definite signs of idiocy at work. I'd estimate ICS downgraded the usability of my D4 by a whopping 40%.

Very tempted to use it for target practice. ICS = Idiotly Created Slop

Last edited:

jmagi

Reaction score
yeeaahhhh got mine a week ago. this is only my second android phone. first was a motorola fire on GB which really sold me on android so i invested in this d4. after upgrading to ics, rooting and customizing ive got to say i love this fone. battery life is ok. im a pretty heavy user but it manages to last me the full day with bt and wifi enabled but id have to charge it just to last me the extra hr on the way home. thats only temporary tho as i just order the anker power stick 2600mah to charge on the go.

just signed up on the various droid 4 forums and plan to start coding android apps.. coming from a hardware and software background.

hardware keyboard 4 lyfe ;p:cool:

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

lubes17319

Reaction score
Got mine just before Xmas.
Took me some time to finger out how to use it, but enjoying it & using it for all kinds of things already.