Motorola Droid Case Reviews

d2gwbbb

Reaction score
I have purchased 2 pouches from ebay, 1 horizontal and 1 vertical and both will be returned because the magnet is causing my widgets to freeze. So dissapointing....so if you are lloking for a pouch, make sure there is no magnet.

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
I removed the magnets from my case and replaced them with velcro sticky buttons. I could not find another case that I liked and Verizon only wanted to credit me half the price. So, I did the most sensible & creative thing I could think of.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

zacht

Reaction score
I use the innocase surface combo I got from Droid X Cases. I've had it for a few weeks now, and don't have any complaints so far. It's a great holster/rubber case that doesn't get stuck in the holster.

jeratbp

Reaction score
I just got my Droid 2 and want to find a decent case.

Issue - my 2 year old son likes to get a hold of our phones and drop them

Are there any rugged cases out there that are worthy?

jradziew

Reaction score
Droid X Case

I bought the clear plastic snap on the day I bought the Droid. Dropped it the same day the case poped open no damage to either. I'm A Handyman so I new I needed something better. Bought a leather case with magnetic cover , it also has a clip on it. I really like the case and it works for my job I can clip it in my belt or on my work apron. paid 29.95 at VZ looked at others at walmart were not as sturdy as VZ price about 20.00

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
Remove the magnets from the case and replace with velcro buttons, eventually the magnets will affect the display! Most Vzw employees don't know this. I've had 2 replacements already before we found this out.

I bought the clear plastic snap on the day I bought the Droid. Dropped it the same day the case poped open no damage to either. I'm A Handyman so I new I needed something better. Bought a leather case with magnetic cover , it also has a clip on it. I really like the case and it works for my job I can clip it in my belt or on my work apron. paid 29.95 at VZ looked at others at walmart were not as sturdy as VZ price about 20.00

Xaneth

Reaction score
Seido kicks ass. I got a complete set up and it holds up very well, very rugged design. The car mount kicks ass too, makes it much more convenient for GPS NAV, music and phone calls. Lovin it, and rockin it with CM 6.1.

Ryannn29

Reaction score
I got the body glove case. It makes the phone really damn big... but it definitely protects it well. It has a soft back inside thats kinda like a light fabric.

I saw alot of reviews on here that said its hard to remove and let me tell its not. I can it off in less than a second. You don't need any tools, just use both your thumbs on both the opposing edges of the hdmi cable area of the case and pop it off like that, its easy.

So if you're going for protection over size, this is the case. Though I really do miss the actual size of the phone and may get a new case since Ive only dropped it once from a high height (5 feet). The main place it increases in size is the back in case youre wondering.

It does look cool from the back with the small design though, I'll give it that if you're looking for appearance as well.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Naked droid. Gorilla glass

lenardroid

Reaction score
I like the idea, that way we can make the cases specs and features more accurate and relevant.:)

FAD3C

Reaction score
I started with the Body Glove, took that one back since it did not fit in the Docking station, ended up with a plastic cover, which still doesn't want to fit in the dock. So I am toying around with the thought of either making my own dock or adjusting the Motorola dock so it will fit. I already ground down the 2 tabs inside the dock it still seems to be a little to tight. I really don't know how thick the plastic is.

tnronin

Reaction score
I realize I have an obsolete Droid but here is what I just picked up.
I can't figure out how to post from this site!
Mine differs in that it has horizontal "ribs". I've had cases for other phones before, this one sits pretty high in the quality area. I bought it at a boutique and thought the pricing was somewhat high ($21), but I guess it wasn't too far off.

I had to adjust my home made dock, but that worked fine for me.

Great site guys/gals.

ladyetrek

Reaction score
No, it works great. If you are prone to dropping it into a bag or purse then I strongly recommend the screen protector. Glass does scratch eventually.