The official "I got it" thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by pc747, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Krzypuppy2

Krzypuppy2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Received my D4 this past week, and am still learning my way around a few things. Just need to get comfortable with it. 4G is impressive... Downloading a book from Audible took a third of the time it did before. The Facebook app seems to bog down at times. The phone seems solid and easy to use, I just need to wear it in like a comfortable pair of jeans. It will take time, but it is nice when you don't have to think about where you need to go on the phone, and it is just automatic. I am wondering how the phone will do as I move from a 4G area to a 3G area, I drive through quite a few places where this will happen.

There are a lot of pre-loaded apps that I will never use, and I am guessing I won't be able to delete most of them. I like a phone with a physical keyboard and this one is very easy to use, larger easy to see qwerty keyboard. Coming from the Droid Pro's very compacted keyboard the D4 quite a bit larger, and being lit up is a plus.

Lynn

2. RueTheDayTrebek

Ratings:
    +0
    Root and debloat!!! With that said, it's a great phone.

3. OrlandoBob

OrlandoBob New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree about the stock gallery. I downloaded QuickPic and it's much better. Had it on my Droid 3. Give it a shot.

4. OrlandoBob

OrlandoBob New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got mine yesterday... Wasn't planning on it tho...

I went to my local Verizon store yesterday to get another Body Glove case for my Droid 3 because the part that goes around the screen portion of the phone was getting weak and kept popping off. Luckily I was able to find it right away. They didn't have any, but they said they could maybe find one online and mail it to me.

I asked if they had the Droid 4 and they said yes. I just wanted to look at it, knowing my contract was less than one year old on my Droid 3, so any hopes of upgrading right there was gone. I did ask what they could do for me, just being curious.

WELL!!.... They said there was a promotion on the Droid 4, and they'd let me purchase one, letting me out of my current contract. AND.. They offered $100 off of the upgrade charge. I got the phone for $100! Not bad... not bad at all!!

Got it home, and within an hour, I had it rooted and used Titanium Backup to restore my apps from my Droid 3. This new phone is fast! Love the speed when moving between desktop screens, and just the phone itself.

The video camera's results are better than the Droid 3 in that the picture doesn't have that blue cast that the Droid 3's camera had. AND.... It records in STEREO! Look at each short edge of the phone and you'll see a small pinhole on each edge. Those are the Left and Right microphones.

Happy? Of couse I am!

Now I need an upgraded ADK setup to at least take screen shots of my desktop screens.

5. BIGSKY39

BIGSKY39 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got mine 2 weeks ago. Gal at the Verizon store didn't check and make sure the data settings were right before I left. Drive home (80 miles) and no 3G. Go back this past weekend and exchange it, made sure settings were right this time, and now I'm good to go.

Other than the issue with the sales lady, I like this phone a heck of a lot more than my HTC Thunderslow. Boots, apps access, all around WAY faster. Wanted to get the Razr Maxx, but they were out. Oh well, at least I put my 32 gig sd card to good use. :biggrin:

6. nitrate28

nitrate28 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got it about a month ago (switched from a Pro). Really nothing i don't like about it. Still getting used to a horizontal keyboard and making errors, but the same thing happened when i went from BB to the Pro.

7. Websquad

Websquad Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 6 +
    For that reason I avoided the soft case and rely on one firmly attached to my belt. I'm a guy; gals will have wardrobe issues, since they usually don't wear belts and a belt-fastened phone container probably wouldn't look too cool. For what it is worth, the Droid 4 has been an overall good experience for me.

8. MECHANO

MECHANO Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I just ordered the D4 direct from Moto last night. I spent a good part of the weekend going over reviews. My biggest concern was the battery life, but it seems like it should be comparable to my D3. I don't have an upgrade until the end of this year, but it sounds like I won't be using upgrades anyways if they are going to take away your unlimited data when you do upgrade (starting this summer?)

9. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    I did similar, though ordered from Amazon.com as a replacement/no contract phone as my renewal isn't for another year....also moving from the D3 to the D4.

The D4 will have slightly shorter battery life compared to the D3 primarily just from the 4G radio (it seems to be a killer).
    Battery life can be greatly improved if you root and freeze the extreme amount of bloatware and social services that aren't needed.

Here's all the crap I froze.

10. fingaz

fingaz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to see you guys made the correct choice to get the D4!! :rockon:

I have had the D4 since it came out and I really don't have a problem with the D4's battery life at all. If I use it only to just text and make a few calls, it easily lasts all day. BUT if I am playing a lot of games or streaming music, the battery will drain rather quickly. Plus, I feel it actually last pretty long when the phone is in standby (screen off, not using it) and it does charge up pretty quickly. The other day the phone was dying, I plugged it into the wall and it went from 5% to 50% in about an hour.

p.s. - Plus, getting a car charger like this is key. I always plug it in whenever I am in the car. $10 at Wal-Mart.

Belkin : Micro USB Car Charger

11. bosshog85

bosshog85 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Just got it yesterday. The screen is kinda weird, probably because I went from the super AMOLED display on my continuum to the Qhd display. The battery life is good. The 4G is just blazing fast, I love it! Can't wait for ics to be delivered to this phone.

12. ered

ered New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

My question is, can you uninstall all those Apps or service(instead of freezing them) you don't care to have or use? for example, I don't use Yahoo at all. Am I able to uninstall it?

Thanks

Search tags for this page
android keyboard asterisk
certificates that disable screen lock options droid razr

firm up the slide action droid3

get it now media center
what is zumo service on android
where is asterisk on android keyboard

where is the asterisk on android keyboard

where is the asterisk on galaxy s3 keyboard
where is the asterisk on my droid razor keyboard
where is the asterisk on the android keyboard#gsc.tab