So I returned my Nexus...long Story!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I will take your advice& see if third time the charm. Thanks & I hope you get your issue resolved.

sb1831

Reaction score
Thanks for yor reply. Nice to know iam not only one out there. I just can't figure this out. Having two new 4g phones&one getting great signal& other nothing. I tend to agree with you on Samsung but I don't have any proof. I read this morning the list of things Verizon is not going to cover& update timeframe. This bothers me although I have only had signal issues. I don't know yet what Iam going to do. Have til Jan15. Thanks.

I'd try getting another device if it has the same issues or worse than your first. I've actually decided to go ahead and flash the 4.0.3 radios because this device DOES perform better than my last. I don't have the totally dropped signal but the fluctuations between LTE and 3g should not be happening like they are. Hopefully it helps, because I want to keep the phone but refuse to if it can't even work as intended for me.

hollowbox

Reaction score
there has got to be a bad bunch of phones or issues with specific areas. I live in lancaster county in the middle of farm fields. We are a 3g area with harrisburg being the closest 4g area....my phone has been set to cdma/lte since i got it the day they released and i havent lost aa signal one time. I have been in Harrisburg, Altoona, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore with my gnex and never had any 4g issues and my phone hands offf berween 3g and 4g near instantaneously and vice versa. I have experienced none of the "bugs" others talk about. No keyboard lag, no rotation lag etc..... and my battery lifr has been really good with the extended battery. Im currently 16 hours in on this charge with 4 hours of screen on time, i got 1 day and 7 hours over the weekend with 3 hours of screen on time. I put the screen on time to show that i am actually using the phone. The only thing i didnt find to be good is the volume but that was easily fixed with volume +. I know others are having legitimate issues but all i can say is my phone has been flawless so far. Best phone ive owned or played with.

twright86

Reaction score
Damn, I really need to get me an extended battery, that's really my only gripe with this phone.

Getting solid 7-9 hours of battery life, on moderate to heavy use and about 2 and a half hours screen on time, with about 40 percent brightness. Running Gummyjar rom and a kernal that has me up to 1.4 ghz.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Damn, I really need to get me an extended battery, that's really my only gripe with this phone.

Getting solid 7-9 hours of battery life, on moderate to heavy use and about 2 and a half hours screen on time, with about 40 percent brightness. Running Gummyjar rom and a kernal that has me up to 1.4 ghz.

Have you tried messing around with setCPU or No Frills at all?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using.. magic.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
We honestly should have a "Cool story, bro" thread so those who want to complain and cry about their phone can do so, without having to clutter the sub forum with thread after thread of the same problem.

I get it, people are having problems with connectivity, you don't feel like waiting for an update that will immortalize this phone...fine, it's your money and choice. Just remember when your Razr, Bionic or what have you isn't supported anymore in like 3 months, and my Nexus is kicking ass, I don't want to hear it.

This is an open forum. Discussion is discussion. You take the good with the bad. You don't like a particular topic then don't read it. Which would lead to my biggest question. If you aren't having any issues at all why do you feel the need to be trolling issue threads and making unnecessary comments like this in the first place??? Go find a happy thread to post in.

twright86

Reaction score
This is an open forum. Discussion is discussion. You take the good with the bad. You don't like a particular topic then don't read it. Which would lead to my biggest question. If you aren't having any issues at all why do you feel the need to be trolling issue threads and making unnecessary comments like this in the first place??? Go find a happy thread to post in.
Merely a suggestion.

I've noticed many a forum have a "Bug and Glitch" thread, Instead of the same threads being made over and over and over.

I was in this thread to see if someone actually returned their Gnex for a different reason than anyone else, and, alas...nope, same thing.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

While I don't agree with the manner his post was made in, I do agree with some points. In a way, anyway.

Phones come with problems. Even the iPhone. Especially iOS 5. That's why iOS 5.0.1 was such a big deal to people. And even that has messed up some phones that were working perfectly fine prior to that.

Point being, when a phone has a big release, any problems it has are going to be bigger then a phone that had a very subtle release. So people are quick to go, "Oh look, the Nexus wasn't cracked up to what it was supposed to be.".

But, people forget the point of a Nexus phone. One is that stock, we will continue to get updates for quote some time, and faster than most other phones. And two, our devs will have a much easier time to fix these problems themselves so we get them even faster than that. Most problems people have been having have already been fixed. Of course, you have to be rooted to know this. Stock users are still going to experience these issues which is a drag considering not everyone cares about rooting.

It all depends on if you are willing to with it out or not I suppose. Also, don't forget, most people that find these forums are people that were looking for answers to problems they were having. We are the minority. There are MANY people experiencing little to no problems whatsoever with their phone, hence why they are not on this forum making happy posts. The people making happy posts are the people registered with no problems.

Just remember, get the phone that makes you happy and suits you best without bashing other phones for no reason at all. Its one thing to help others and give stories and experiences, but being rude for no particular reason is not right nor should it be acceptable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using.. magic.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Mods should be moving these threads to the Nexus Help forum, I mean that is the reason we have those sections so people can have their problems addressed is it not?

twright86

Reaction score
Agreed. Mods should be moving these threads to the Nexus Help forum, I mean that is the reason we have those sections so people can have their problems addressed is it not?
I have read some of Garemlin's past posts, and he seems to be having problems with his, and because he is a super moderator these threads are going to be allowed to happen because they are "part of the general discussion" and they suit him.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have read some of Garemlin's past posts, and he seems to be having problems with his, and because he is a super moderator these threads are going to be allowed to happen because they are "part of the general discussion" and they suit him.

Sadly, I agree.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Merely a suggestion.

I've noticed many a forum have a "Bug and Glitch" thread, Instead of the same threads being made over and over and over.

I was in this thread to see if someone actually returned their Gnex for a different reason than anyone else, and, alas...nope, same thing.

You can have separate sections and threads all day long but people will still make new threads about new issues which will always segue into past issues. As you can see by this thread. We could spend all day just closing, merging and redirecting issue posts. Hopefully when (and if) updates are released and issues are fixed we will all end up in our happy place. But I will be the first to admit with the money I spent I am not a happy camper. I have a Bionic and everyone knows the horror stories there. Mine has been issue free. So I am on the other side of the fence. In my happy place.

Status
Not open for further replies.