So I returned my Nexus...long Story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Yep, I was there for the bowl game :biggrin:. I had no signal issues at all when I was in Charlotte.

Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed the game. I wish I had your luck with the phone. I just don't know what to do about this. I like the phone but its got to work.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Have you tried taking your 4G sim card out and back in? I haven't needed to do this, but I have read that it helps with people's isses.

twright86

Reaction score
Sucks that people keep thinking Gnex in general is a bad phone, I've had pretty much no problems with connectivity (other than the outages), and it runs flawless and have gotten many compliments from anyone who touches the thing (including techies who know what the phone is about).

What really sucks is people have to settle for the Gnex's little sister, or worse, an Iphone.

Stick it out people, once ICS' problems are worked out through updates, this phone will be untouchable. I love all the people who settled for Razr and Bionic and didn't wait for the Nexus, now have sour grapes and are hating on a phone they never used. This is not the OP obviously.

Reaction score
I have done all that. This is second new one I have had. I don't get any signal in my home but I don't have that problem with rezound or any of other phones I have owned. I travel for work in upstate sc&signal on gnex comes & goes.my other phone does not do this. Verizon has not been much help. I hope an update takes of this. I know Iam not only one having this issue. I just don't know how widespread it is. I would like to hang on but I don't want to have this issue for next two years.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
You could try loading a 4.0.3 rom. I'm running Pete's Stock Rooted ICL53F, which is obviously 4.0.2, but I have heard that 4.0.3 had greatly helped signal issues for a lot of people. There are also new "leaked" radios that I have heard also help. Of course all of this is done with root.

GoBears

Reaction score
by the way I should not have to tag every email to delete them it takes forever.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

What do you mean? You check all the mail you want gone then hit delete. How could it be any faster?

Reaction score
I don't want to root to get this fixed. I do have a friend who is somewhat of an expert on rooting. I will leave this option open. Maybe the gentleman who posted a little earlier is right, when they get the updates out it will be unstoppable. I sure hope so!

sb1831

Reaction score
I have to say that I feel your pain OP. I'm on my second nexus now, and I'm still evaluating the phone so that I can make my decision. I had worse signal issues before with my other device, and this one is better, but there are still some things that bother me. ICS is nice, and relatively quirk free compared to the previous iterations of the Android OS. However I believe that the hardware is the limiting factor with this device. I had speculated prior to release that the Nexus might be a disaster because it is Samsungs first Dual Core LTE handset on VZW. The Thunderbolt was a POS(imo) the Bionic was pushed countless times, and I had no reason to believe that Google supplying the OS would make this device any different. Yes it will get updated faster than any other phone, but the fact that Verizon is doing the iPhone4 fix with the radio is a bit concerning. I'm going to flash the 4.0.3 radios again as I have yet to on my 2nd phone and see if there is any improvement.

Overall, I've been a bit underwhelmed by the Galaxy Nexus. Yes ICS is fabulous and I the dev community is great but you shouldn't NEED to flash radios or roms for your device to work properly. Wanting to is a different thing. Yes a lot of people have no problems at all and good for them. Quite a few do though and we're the bag guys LOL.

twright86

Reaction score
We honestly should have a "Cool story, bro" thread so those who want to complain and cry about their phone can do so, without having to clutter the sub forum with thread after thread of the same problem.

I get it, people are having problems with connectivity, you don't feel like waiting for an update that will immortalize this phone...fine, it's your money and choice. Just remember when your Razr, Bionic or what have you isn't supported anymore in like 3 months, and my Nexus is kicking ass, I don't want to hear it.

sb1831

Reaction score
We honestly should have a "Cool story, bro" thread so those who want to complain and cry about their phone can do so, without having to clutter the sub forum with thread after thread of the same problem.

I get it, people are having problems with connectivity, you don't feel like waiting for an update that will immortalize this phone...fine, it's your money and choice. Just remember when your Razr, Bionic or what have you isn't supported anymore in like 3 months, and my Nexus is kicking ass, I don't want to hear it.

And this is the type of childish fanboy attitude that those people that DO have issues with their phones have to put up with.

Reaction score
Thanks for yor reply. Nice to know iam not only one out there. I just can't figure this out. Having two new 4g phones&one getting great signal& other nothing. I tend to agree with you on Samsung but I don't have any proof. I read this morning the list of things Verizon is not going to cover& update timeframe. This bothers me although I have only had signal issues. I don't know yet what Iam going to do. Have til Jan15. Thanks.

twright86

Reaction score
And this is the type of childish fanboy attitude that those people that DO have issues with their phones have to put up with.
So why not make just one big thread for problems?

People obviously don't know how to use the search button before they make a thread, it's the same problem, over,and over, and over again, usually with a sob story and a TAKE THAT NEXUS I BOUGHT A RAZR, WITH KEVLARRRR!

Fanboy....lol, before this I had a Droid 2 Global, and before that I had an OG Droid,and loved both.

The decision for me was between a Razr and a Galaxy Nexus, I studied up on both...and came to the conclusion that the Razr was a gimmick phone, that they would have 6 Razr phones out before the end of the summer and the phone would be EOL like 3 months after I got it.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Thanks for yor reply. Nice to know iam not only one out there. I just can't figure this out. Having two new 4g phones&one getting great signal& other nothing. I tend to agree with you on Samsung but I don't have any proof. I read this morning the list of things Verizon is not going to cover& update timeframe. This bothers me although I have only had signal issues. I don't know yet what Iam going to do. Have til Jan15. Thanks.

I'd say at least try a 3rd phone. There's lots of proof that a good example can be had! I know it's a pain but if you like the phone its worth trying anyway. I've said before, I was on a Samsung TV forum a couple of years ago reading about the tv I have. There were guys going back up to 5 times before they got a proper example. Imagine boxing up and dragging back 4 tv's?! A phone seems like nothin!

Status
Not open for further replies.