I have a RAZR....should I return for a Nexus?

mleber

Reaction score
This isn't to bash one or the other. I bought a RAZR, was really happy with it until the OTA update, now I lose data connectivity all the time going in and out of 4g service and I have to reboot or put in and out of airplane mode. I have 4 days left to return this phone (I got it during the extended holiday return policy so I've had it for a while). I've been to the Verizon store and have talked to tech support on the phone twice and have surveyed the RAZR forum for topical responses. Today the Verizon technical support suggested I do a full factory reset--that he likes to do those when he gets an update. I'll know later if it improved when I drive into a 4g area.

I am trying to figure out if a lot of Nexus users are experiencing 3g/4g issues where one technology doesn't hand off to the other and you have to reboot (going from 3to to 4g and back). I am trying to determine if it's Verizon's 4g technology not being ready for prime time or if an alternative phone would be my best option.

When I lose data at some times I also cannot make phone calls, it tells me emergency calls only. This is beyond frustrating. Not sure switching to another 4g phone is my answer. Any objective input would be appreciated.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I certainly dont have any connection issues with my Nexus..

indymale26

Reaction score
If i was u u wouldnt get nexus do too ics isnt up and runnin for all apps yet since soo new, camera better on razor and i believe due to mott makes better built phone, and samsungs updates come slower due to past experience, i currently have bionic and love it especially with 2760 mh battery, get almost day and half of use off big battery

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
M

mleber

Reaction score
If i was u u wouldnt get nexus do too ics isnt up and runnin for all apps yet since soo new, camera better on razor and i believe due to mott makes better built phone, and samsungs updates come slower due to past experience, i currently have bionic and love it especially with 2760 mh battery, get almost day and half of use off big battery

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Thanks. If this connectivity issue wasn't a huge deal, I would not even be considering the switch.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Except Samsung doesn't control Nexus updates...Google does. Hence the Nexus name...4G everywhere I go btw, except in buildings sometimes like a mall or something.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
We don't have 4G here yet, but I don't have any problems otherwise. As for the apps, yes not all are ICS ready. But I've only ran into a few. And the issue you have about the update, since the Nexus can easily can roms & firmware, you could just go back to a previous version if a new update gave you problems. Also, since its a developers phone, there is a lot of support out there for it.