I returned my Nexus... done with Androids

hwiya320

Reaction score
Complaining about the plastic?

That's like taking a sample of ice cream at Baskin Robbins, deciding you don't like something about it, but buy it anyways, and later complain about your sundae. You knew it was made out of plastic.

You had the opportunity to play with it in the store. So why did you proceed to buy it if you didn't like it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

This was funny... it made me laugh pretty hard for some reason. Thanks for the laugh.

hwiya320

Reaction score
I spoke too soon, the Galaxy was nice, but at the most basic, it needs to WORK and be RELIABLE!

Plastic. And Battery Life. I thought I could handle both, but after swapping batteries a couple of times already and feeling the plastic locking tabs getting weaker and weaker feeling...

I feel the same way about the plastic. I'm still waiting to read more about the phone before I decide on the GN or the RAZR, but I immediately hated the plastic cover of the phone. 1. the backing kept on popping off with the security cord. 2. I remember seeing my friend's Samsung phone which had similar plastic around and it started wearing off paint. I just love the feel of my Droid X and its rubberized cover outside.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Couldn't care less for what the phone is made of other than the screen, that's the only thing I look at and the screen is gorgeous . When was the last time you stared at the back of your current phone? I don't think I looked at mine for the last 6 months, had scratches didn't even knew they existed. As for the baking pooping out, it had a freaking cord connected to it, it wasn't designed for that, in normal conditions it'll never pop out, it's actually pretty firm.

Last edited:

Insidious

Reaction score
It's like the area I live in. Everyone complains that it's boring so they leave. They always come BACK though .
He'll be back. I once he realizes how limited he is using iOS, he'll be back. ;b

Sent from the future using my Galaxy Nexus!

Last edited:

Chatchie

Reaction score
I dont understand why everyone is crying about build quality. Ive only owned Motorola smartphones in the past with the exception of a Sidekick II and III and the NEXUS feels fine. Yeah the GNEX is plastic but it feels solid, doesnt creak or flex and looks stunning.

What isnt made out of plastic? Everything is.

Also, just playing with a nexus in the store doesnt give anyone a right to say the phone is junk. You havent even scratched the surface in the 20 minutes you spent with it.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Some need a more simplistic experience. iPhone is probably best for you.

You know, the iPhone with the antennae attenuation problem. The iPhone where after the iOS5 update produced lag and created battery drain. The iPhone isn't perfect and neither is Android or the many OEMs that produce the hardware. The iPhone will likely have redesigned hardware (maybe even LTE) and an updated version of iOS next year. But guess what, that will most likely have a whole new set of issues itself. So please don't pretend that iPhone and iOS are devoid of problems. All phones have them.

For me personally, I enjoy the choice and freedom Android provides, but it's not for everyone. I do honestly wish you luck though.

"Fanboys bash away, my feelings won't be hurt (or here to see them). Signing off"

Edit: If this last line is to be believed, the OP didn't have the guts to read replies to their post and took a cowardly/trollish exit.

Last edited:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
People, the OP is just stating their opinion. Keep it clean!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

wil318466

Reaction score
I couldnt' disagree with OP more.

4g works great, in my area at least. I can now get signal in the 2 places I couldn't before - home and the bar I goto the most. Last night I was using it in the bar and it was so fast I had to check if I was on wifi. I was pleasantly surprised that I could easily get 4g in a place where I couldn't get 3g. I thought it was a bit strange, but maybe there are some technical things going on that I don't know about like 4g can penetrate buildings better or something.

I just don't know what you're talking about. The phone feels fine, doesn't feel overly plasticy to me. I think the iphone feels a bit too "metaly" to me, and downright tiny in screen size.

Like I said, I can't disagree with you more, and I'm a very critical person when it comes to Android devices. I couldn't be happier with my Nexus except for maybe the speaker and camera. 4g and plastic as complaints aren't even on the radar for me.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I completely understand that but there have been mods and patches that will fix every problem the OP stated. I don't think they gave the G-Nex a fair chance. When buying a new phone with a brand new OS you expect there to be a few problems. OSes for computers have issues when they first come out, they are followed by updates to fix those problems. Buying a phone, having it one day, saying it has all these problems and not once asking on here or searching for fixes only to come on here and bash it seems ignorant to me.

While I agree with most of your post I don't agree with the need for updates, patches or mods to alleviate issues with a high end phone on day one. The software simply is not ready thus the device should have been delayed until it was, I know how long we waited but in the end a phone should just work.

If your home phone crashed or randomly rebooted would you find this to be acceptable? Not quite apples to oranges as they are both phones.

If you needed 911 to save your childs life but your android (or any other device) failed to perform the task would you be so forgiving then? Or say you needed to buy 50,000 shares of a stock that was about to skyrocket only to have network failure caused by the phone software, a net loss of half a million dollars. Wouldn't you then feel different about how a device should function?

The nexus like many devices before it were rushed for a reason, profits. The device is a beast that will be tamed over time, I have no qualms with it as it will be everything one expects...will be.

GoBears

Reaction score
I knew it! I told the the guys in the nexus pre release thread a week ago that I doubted it was ready for prime time. I thought it was hilarious how geeked up they were over a beta product. Well, I got a message from the mod accusing me of trolling. Ha.

So now to all the disillusioned nexus owners, thanks for beta testing!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Here we go again.... The Razr fanboy peanut gallery comments

captdroid

Reaction score
As I stated in previous post my g/f using her new Galaxy Nexus out of the box no mods whatsoever having no problems at all. She uses it as a phone and SMS device constantly. She really likes it and so far not missing her OG droid slide out keyboard either.

GoBears

Reaction score
The GNex is much better than I expected and pure ICS is fantastic. I am having zero issues and my battery life is already starting to improve. Very happy here.

Caligula2008

Reaction score
The GNex is much better than I expected and pure ICS is fantastic. I am having zero issues and my battery life is already starting to improve. Very happy here.

Same here I am absolutely loving the phone and build quality.

No issues for me, some people do not realize what they have with a device and only see negatives. I could take the same negative perspective towards every phone on the market if I wanted. Instead applying a positive viewpoint I see the Nexus as the absolute best.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

soulshot96

Reaction score
OK I just got back from the Verizon store where I was looking at a galaxy nexus and I used it for about 25 min. I say no lag at all, everything works great, 4g worked fine, and it had more functionality than any phone I've yet seen. And for those complaining about the plastic, it felt fine to me, more than fine accually, great it didn't squeak when I sqeezed it like my phone does, and it felt great in the hand, I couldn't find something wrong with it if i wanted to. The amazing thing is is every phone Ive looked at in a Verizon store has been laggy from running all day or running a livewallpaper, not the nexus thing still flew, and when I selected a livewallpaper it seemed to go even faster! Idk, maybe it was b/c it was running 4.0.2 or maybe that guy was just trying to find something wrong with his nexus.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

PrISM

Reaction score
I just think Apple kids look at their iPhones, look at the Nexus then look back at their iPhones and frown.