I returned my Nexus... done with Androids

ddfuji

Reaction score
Sorry it didn't work for you - this phone is not for everyone. I am beyond impressed by my Nexus. Hands down the best phone I've ever owned, tested or encountered. Maybe you got a faulty device?

Maybe be is just trolling

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

corki2

Reaction score
I spoke too soon, the Galaxy was nice, but at the most basic, it needs to WORK and be RELIABLE!

4G? 1 or 2 bars, intermittent stoppage, this phone was about -15 to -20 dBm worse reception than my Razr and horrendous overall! My God, I don't know this got through QA. The whole point of this phone was to use 4G!

Big beautiful screen! That can't have working auto-brightness? What is wrong with you Google? I either have to keep it on max brightness all the time to enjoy the screen and kill battery life unnecessarily, or have a horrendous looking dimmed screen permanently in your "auto-brightness" control.

Plastic. And Battery Life. I thought I could handle both, but after swapping batteries a couple of times already and feeling the plastic locking tabs getting weaker and weaker feeling...

I thought the hardware could save this phone (4G & Screen) but not only is the 4G failing the phone in reception but the software is severely crippling the incredible screen. All built on steadily creaky block of plastic. With Ice Cream Sandwhich that still can't manage to be silky smooth.

Good bye for good! I was not once, but twice bitten (Razr & Nexus), and now cutting off all further contact.

Will have to wait patiently to have my 4G LTE/big screen cake and eat it too (iPhone 5). Sigh.

Fanboys bash away, my feelings won't be hurt (or here to see them). Signing off

You should try the Rezound before your Android divorce is final.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
You should try the Rezound before your Android divorce is final.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

I agree with this... U tried the rest now try the best :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

x25064

Reaction score
I would NOT go so far as to call the rezound the best, the one I tried out was a lag queen, like a typical HTC.

I sympathize with you bro, I was at this point hours ago when I couldn't even send a picture message because I had no reception. I went from a Liberty modded X to the nexus, and so far my X is superior in almost everything that has to do with functionality. Its unfortunate because I see the potential for the Nexus, but I too, just want the damn thing to work. Its unfortunate we waited months and months for such a flawed piece of hardware. Like everyone is saying there will be fixes. For me? Its a matter of if those fixes come before Jan 15th.

I know you may not read this, but in hoping you do, just know your not alone. What stopped me from actually returning it was thinking about the lines of people waiting for this thing, putting my faith in google knowing they won't have to bull**** with companies over bloat and interface, and hoping samsung will step up to the plate for this one since the S2 pretty much wipes the floor clean in the world of cellphones.

Xsist

Reaction score
I don't think that its the screen at fault for discoloration. Think its actually the software. Reason being is take a look at the native stuff. Keyboard. Camera. The have a purplish hue when looking at them. But when you look at an app like Droid forums, the blacks are super black if you set it to have a black background rather than the white. It can't be the screen if the discoloration isn't present in some places, but not others. Which is why I'm leaning towards software that can hopefully be fixed with an update. Call it wishful thinking, but that's what I noticed and put together.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
The nexus issues are a large problem for users needing a phone to be a phone, we android users commonly forget this and even chastise those who remember.

Even as a developer had I purchased a nexus to have it fail any given task the device should perform per capability I would be disappointed also...perhaps even more so as the device is $800 off contract.

breedingh8

Reaction score
I spoke too soon, the Galaxy was nice, but at the most basic, it needs to WORK and be RELIABLE!

4G? 1 or 2 bars, intermittent stoppage, this phone was about -15 to -20 dBm worse reception than my Razr and horrendous overall! My God, I don't know this got through QA. The whole point of this phone was to use 4G!

Big beautiful screen! That can't have working auto-brightness? What is wrong with you Google? I either have to keep it on max brightness all the time to enjoy the screen and kill battery life unnecessarily, or have a horrendous looking dimmed screen permanently in your "auto-brightness" control.

Plastic. And Battery Life. I thought I could handle both, but after swapping batteries a couple of times already and feeling the plastic locking tabs getting weaker and weaker feeling...

I thought the hardware could save this phone (4G & Screen) but not only is the 4G failing the phone in reception but the software is severely crippling the incredible screen. All built on steadily creaky block of plastic. With Ice Cream Sandwhich that still can't manage to be silky smooth.

Good bye for good! I was not once, but twice bitten (Razr & Nexus), and now cutting off all further contact.

Will have to wait patiently to have my 4G LTE/big screen cake and eat it too (iPhone 5). Sigh.

I'm so high I am having trouble focusing lol, and I just had to say while I am keeping my Razr and I have yet to physically touch a gnex as of yet id rather have major surgery then ever own an iphone again... Love Android and am patiently awaiting ICS either OTA or a ROM.. Some ppl just can't handle Android as someone said it's not for everyone and all the new phones always have bugs enjoy your iphone...98.9% of my co-workers go apple!! I lol I'm just just waiting to see if Asus teases us with a realse of the TF Prime as my preorder was canceled....

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

suliman

Reaction score
If you bought this phone thinking it would be perfect out of the box this phone isn't for you. I think more than half who bought this phone release day were modders the rest enthusiasts and maybe a small number were sold by a rep to someone clueless

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
The nexus issues are a large problem for users needing a phone to be a phone, we android users commonly forget this and even chastise those who remember.

Even as a developer had I purchased a nexus to have it fail any given task the device should perform per capability I would be disappointed also...perhaps even more so as the device is $800 off contract.

I completely understand that but there have been mods and patches that will fix every problem the OP stated. I don't think they gave the G-Nex a fair chance. When buying a new phone with a brand new OS you expect there to be a few problems. OSes for computers have issues when they first come out, they are followed by updates to fix those problems. Buying a phone, having it one day, saying it has all these problems and not once asking on here or searching for fixes only to come on here and bash it seems ignorant to me.

GoBears

Reaction score
He's just been bashing Android and praising Crapple the last few days. Good riddance and enjoy your little phone with pages of icons.

ByeBye
GoBears

scdown

Reaction score
As for returning your Nexus, I'd say that you need to be happy with what you get for the money you're spending, which is not insignificant. I can appreciate that you need to do something about your situation.

Some of your issues were no doubt specific to you (and others as well), such as 4G reception (I'm actually having a really experience with that, knock wood!).

Others (plastic) are more a matter of perception and style preferences - an OG Droid user, for example, might be shocked at anything made of plastic - I actually am fine with the build quality, remembering that while it is plastic outside, it's a metal frame internally. To each their own.

As for your leaving Android, again, to each their own - I left Moto (the Bionic) in this case, because I thought a) they took 3 months to roll an OTA to solve major problems, when the software was baked after 1 month, b) some of the problems persist even after that 3 months, and c) because of a), I don't like being tied to Moto's schedule - which is slow likely because of Blur and its relations with Verizon.

I'm hoping, myself, that the Nexus, while not being perfect, is likely to get more timely updates because of the Google connection.

If you move to go to an iPhone, best wishes and good luck to you.

captclueless

Reaction score
I love my nexus so far. I have an iphone 4 for work, and I will say that I will use my nexus way more then i will my iphone.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score

Android had started to irritate me as well and I thought about windows phone 7. That was until I realized there weren't any decent hardware for it.

Sent from my DROID3

Dweib

Reaction score
I knew it! I told the the guys in the nexus pre release thread a week ago that I doubted it was ready for prime time. I thought it was hilarious how geeked up they were over a beta product. Well, I got a message from the mod accusing me of trolling. Ha.

So now to all the disillusioned nexus owners, thanks for beta testing!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

captdroid

Reaction score
HA thing is there will never be a perfect phone, device, computer or whatever. But hey whatever works for you! I am loving my Galaxy Nexus and so is my g/f loving hers which isn't unlocked or rooted yet and no special tweaks she has no complaints yet with phone right out of the box. Few tweaks thus far on mine and quite pleased. As another poster wrote it will only get better from here since this is a fully unlockable root device.

As for the Galaxy Nexus being plastic I think a good compromise for it being lightweight. I really don't want to carry around metal brick :)

I have had no problems whatsoever with signal for voice calls or sound quality of calls, 3g data or 4g. Picked up a 4g signal yesterday when traveling into a 4g area and it worked like a charm getting amazing download and upload speeds on speedtest. In my house I actually get a slightly better 3g signal then I did with my D1 :)

Sharpness of the Camera not particularly impressed. Better pictures then my D1. Interestingly though if you go into 'edit' for a picture and click 'sharpen' once and save it, this drastically improves sharpness of a picture taken with the GN. My guess is Google will resolve the sharpness issue in upcoming ROM update or a custom ROM maker will.

Last edited: