So I returned my Nexus...long Story!

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by mekanism, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +343
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
    ^The physical buttons were the only thing I didn't like. Dont miss'm at all!

2. spikejnz

spikejnz Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I've had ZERO issues with data on this phone--well, aside from the nationwide data outage we've been seeing.

Camera: This is the best camera I've seen on an Android phone yet. My D1 was pretty crappy, but worked. The D3 camera was pretty similar in quality to the D1. I have Camera Zoom FX, FxCamera and HDR Camera installed, but the stock camera app is sufficient for 90% of my photos. Would you believe that his picture was taken with my GNex?

2011-12-21_09-18-53_HDR.jpg

3G: My D1/D3 had spotty 3G coverage in my office building (8-story tower). I switched to the GNex and I now get full 3G in my office, whereas I was lucky to get 1-bar before.

4G: The only place I can't get 4G is in my office--which is to be expected. If I go to the break room in the corner of the building, I get instant 4G and speeds of up to 20 Mbps. Hell, most of the time I leave WiFi off, as 4G is just as fast for me.

Battery: So far, the battery life on this phone is CONSIDERABLY better than that of my D3. I had to (reluctantly) use Juice Defender to get a full days use out of my D3. Do you know how much it sucked to have to wait 5+ seconds for data to be reenabled after unlocking the device and launching an app? SOOOO painful! I leave my GNex on my desk at work all day long, and frequently use it for different tasks (chrome-to-phone, barcode scanner, etc) and the battery life is sufficient for my needs.

Responsiveness: I thought the D3 was a huge jump from the OG Droid, even if my D1 was running CM7 at the time of upgrade. However, the jump to the GNex was just...incredible. I hopped on my wife's D3 the other day to check something, and it was almost painful to use.

Build quality: I will admit that the build does feel a bit...cheaply-built. The D1 and D3 had a nice solid body, and the metal bezel around the screen approved the overall look and feel. The volume button on the GNex rattles slightly, which isn't really an issue, but is just somewhat annoying. The biggest issue for me, though, was how wide and thin the phone was. I like my phones naked, but I have to use the silicone case on this phone, or I feel like I'm going to drop it. Both my D1 and D3 had battle-scars on the screen bezel from hitting the pavement, and I'd like to avoid that with this phone, thankyouverymuch.

--------------

TL;DR: You seem to be experiencing issues that most users aren't. That seems to be an issue with that specific device, not all of them as a whole.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Caligula2008

Caligula2008 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I am on vacation right now travelling up the coast of California and haven't had issues with signal. I go to school in Greenville while my parents live in Augusta and my girlfriend in NC. We hit Las Vegas before California as well. Reiterate... zero issues. The camera is ridiculously good! My pictures are the most coveted over everyone else's on the trip's smart phones including an iPhone (not 4S) and a bionic. If you focus it right they're absolutely beautiful.

I'm tweaking with stuff as far as battery life goes and while it isn't quite what I would like I knew his before purchasing it being 4G, an intense screen, and dual core.

Ill see if I can't post some pictures for you guys of Vegas and Cali.

uploadfromtaptalk1325707326126.jpg
    Watershow at Caesars Palace

uploadfromtaptalk1325707355227.jpg
    Santa Monica Sunset

I clicked small size should I have picked the large?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

4. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,671
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Larger pics would've been nice, shows the quality more. It doesn't post a huge picture that takes up half the screen, we'd have to click it to see the full size, just for future reference. Nice pics btw, just got back from Vegas last week, perfect weather there right now.

5. Caligula2008

Caligula2008 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Attached with a bonus shot of new years fireworks. :) I have so many to choose from. Loved Vegas and weather was perfect.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. mears

mears New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sounds EXACTLY like my Nexus, and I'm in Denver.

7. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,671
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Awesome!

Yes when I was in Vegas for Christmas the weather was perfect. Nice and sunny in the mid 60s

8. samiusmc

samiusmc Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Got rid of mine yesterday and got the Rezound. Couldn't be happier. I highly recommend this phone.

9. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    ----->HTC Rezound Forum

10. captdroid

captdroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
  11. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    It's like directing traffic around here DancingNexus:icon_ banana:DancingNexus, get outta here banana!

12. samiusmc

samiusmc Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Sorry, I thought both forums were the same since everyone seems to be trading their Nexus for the Rezound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

galaxy nexus in san diego