Will you return the nexus if the signal is not fixed?

Snow02

Reaction score
Would someone that's rooted and consistently seeing less than 10 mbps downloads on LTE shoot me a pm?

m3incorp

Reaction score
I think that the poll should have been titled "Will You Return the Nexus If You ARE Experiencing data or phone problems"?

The way it is worded leaves it open for people to interpret what "they" think signal strength should be.

It's interesting to read the remarks from the people that say they "are" experiencing problems but will not return the device. I have to ask if they bought a house, car, stove...you name it, and it couldn't do what it was supposed to do, would they keep it.

My situation is that I live in Colorado, yes you better darn well have a phone/smartphone that can make calls when winter hit. I live in a great 4G area and expect that any phone I own that is supposed to be 4G, have no problems with handling 4G (of course that means when Verizon isn't having problems). My purpose for buying a smartphone is to receive and make phone calls clearly and download at 4G speeds whenever they are available.

Situation. I bought the Nexus. The significant other has the iphone 4S, and son has the Razr. Two days after buying the Nexus, we all are in my house and all are playing with our smart phones. At one point, I wasn't able to download at 4G, 3G or any other speed. I asked both of the others to try downloading the same thing that I had been trying to download and guess what....neither of them had any problems. I rebooted and didn't have the problem again that day. A couple of days later, I had the same problem but neither of them were having problems at all. Keep in mind this is about what I think should be a good signal strength or not, but the fact they were able to download and I wasn't.

When I buy something, I expect it to do the very thing I bought it for. For those that bought any smartphone for making calls and downloading but can't do one or the other and you still wouldn't return it, my hat is off to you. As for me, I no longer own the Nexus for that very reason.....it now resides back at the Verizon store that I bought it from.

Last edited:

billyfj

Reaction score
I am having signal issues and they are not 4g issues. They are problems with signal strength when I have the phone on cdma only and cdma/LTE. I gave my daughter my Droid Razr when I got this. So I am basing this off of db strength on the Razr and my GN. Unless I am in a area that has great signal strength where they both show a strong signal. But when I get in a area that starts to drop off in strength, the Razr will be between 10-25 db better than my GN. I have tried this test for 3 days and there is a huge difference in the Motorola radios compared to the Samsung radio. I love this phone, but something is up. Reception is why I stay away from HTC handsets. Is Samsung just as bad? Or am I the only one seeing what I'm describing ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
I am having signal issues and they are not 4g issues. They are problems with signal strength when I have the phone on cdma only and cdma/LTE. I gave my daughter my Droid Razr when I got this. So I am basing this off of db strength on the Razr and my GN. Unless I am in a area that has great signal strength where they both show a strong signal. But when I get in a area that starts to drop off in strength, the Razr will be between 10-25 db better than my GN. I have tried this test for 3 days and there is a huge difference in the Motorola radios compared to the Samsung radio. I love this phone, but something is up. Reception is why I stay away from HTC handsets. Is Samsung just as bad? Or am I the only one seeing what I'm describing ?

The thunderbolt, and apparently the rezound, got great reception. I'm noticing less signal strength with my gn too, but it hasn't caused any problems with usability thus far. I hold 4G everywhere I go and have not dropped any calls.

michelle4439

Reaction score
Billyfj
I am having the same issues. My sister has the razr and her signal is alot better than mine. I love the phone but will not keep it and worry about continuing to drop calls and data. My 15 days are up next Friday. If no fix before then I will return and get the razr .

kdroyd

Reaction score
I am in the Minneapolis, MN area and I have had no issues with signal yet. I don't see myself returning this phone. I'm enjoying it way too much!

CdzNutz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 2
Well said. I don't understand these folks that feel the need to go into threads about people having issues and try to argue with them and make it out like there is nothing wrong. If you aren't having issues quit trolling issue threads just to stir things up. There are many of us out here that have legitimate complaints about the Gnex. We aren't just making this stuff up. If I just didn't like it I would take it back. Plain and simple. But I like it and want to like it more. But if I can't use my phone for the purpose that I bought it for what is the point of even having it???

A'men. I love my Nexus, but I've been using a Thunderbolt since it came out to tether to my laptop and watch Slingbox (all in the same place with 4g) and NOW!!!! Nothing...3g or nothing.....with my Nexus....Hope they fix it:mad:

sb1831

Reaction score
I went to Verizon today and finally managed to get my phone exchanged for a different one. No more signal issues. I guess they thought I was full of it when I told them my fiancee's phone worked perfectly while I didn't have a signal.

**EDIT

I did forget to mention that I managed to fix (very well due to placebo effect) my dropped call issue by changing my network to CDMA only while I had my Defectus.

Last edited:

droidtom

Reaction score
Bars or no bars I had the best browsing speed on 3g I have ever had from my deer stand this morning. My og or my dx were not nearly as fast from that location.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

HTC1

Reaction score
Already returned for rezound. Much better signal and constant 4g. Better speaker as well. I don't root so I don't need an unlocked bootloader

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

hydro556

Reaction score
Already returned for rezound. Much better signal and constant 4g. Better speaker as well. I don't root so I don't need an unlocked bootloader

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

I like the Rezound pretty well too. If I can talk my wife into using her upgrade, that is what I hope to get her. But, she says she like her Incredible better than the Rezound. She likes simple and wants to keep what she is using. If anything, I may try and talk her into an Iphone if they ever release the 4g one. Since that is about as straight forward as it gets.

For myself, I compared the Nex and the Rezound. Since I was coming from an HTC Incredible, I wanted to stay with HTC but once I saw the GNex, there was no comparison. For me, the GNex is way more phone and I like pretty much everything better. Form factor, screen, OS, the speed and especially the fact that the GNex is Googles phone and will receive "special" treatment.

All that said, I guess it is easy for me to say because I have had zero issues with my GN. It has been perfect. All new devices have teething issues, Rezound, GNex or otherwise.