Question about returning Rezound to get nexus on the 15th

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Anyways, I just got my Rezound almost 2 weeks ago. If it is true that the nexus is going to release on the 15th. My last day to return my Rezound during the 14 day period is the 14th. What would happen if I was just to return it on the 14th and then just wait a day? Or let's say that it doesn't get released and I return the Rezound anyways. What would happen to my upgrade now I returned the Rezound and have no phone? Once I returned the Rezound will they force me to pickout a phone on the spot? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Rezound 4g LTE

magnus

Reaction score
If you bought it from Verizon, you get until Jan15th to return no questions asked.

OP
crxlsturbo

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
If you bought it from Verizon, you get until Jan15th to return no questions asked.

You know what I asked them the same question that I have until Jan to return it and the Verizon rep was acting stupid telling me its only if I was adding a new line that it would extend until Jan. I did read somewhere that if it was bought before some date in Nov that you could return it no matter if its a upgrade or a new line. Thanks for the info.

I also did buy the phone from a Verizon corporate store.

Sent from my HTC Rezound 4g LTE

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe you had to buy it after November 15th? Then you have until January 15th to return it.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
The device I got from Verizon was purchased after w/e day that was in November and on my receipt that came in the box it shipped in (I bought in store but was backordered, so got shipped) had the normal return policy info and the holiday return policy information. Just to verify I called VZW support to ask when my return period ended and they told me January 15th. Also, I went into my VZW store on the 13th day of having the device asking to return and they told me that I could just wait until the Nexus came out and exchange since my return period was until Jan 15th.

So, if they try and give me any trouble, they are going to be dealing with one angry customer after having been told both by VZW support and the VZW store employees that I would have no problems exchanging / returning up until Jan 15th.

Anyways, I would call VZW support or have your store check again. Maybe they are just trying to keep you from returning so they don't have to deal with the hassle? The employees in stores near me tend to seem quite lazy when they aren't actually selling you something... :mad:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
What you should do is, call support tonight or tomorrow and say hey, "I bought this phone during the holiday return policy, make a note on my account that I will 100% be able to return this phone until January 15th." Then when you go in, they'll bring your account up and there will be a note on your account even if they try to give you the run around.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I wonder if this applies to phones purchased at best buy? They basically told me the same policy as Verizon has. So I'm wondering if I can just do the same thing.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know this one is specific to the Verizon store, so I would definitely check with Best Buy to see if theirs is the same.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Isn't the return window longer at best buy?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Isn't the return window longer at best buy?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I don't know about phones, but I just bought a Samsung Galaxy 4.0 Player for my wife and they told me that I have until Jan 24 to return it instead of the normal 30 days. It appears that they changed it to 30 days after Christmas.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
I would imagine quite a few stores have a special holiday return policy, check your receipt and/or call the store and ask.