Replacement Nexus

Imprisoned

Reaction score
I ordered a replacement nexus because people keep telling me the voice quality on my nexus sucked. After getting a replacement device it is worse than the original defected device.

My replacement will not keep a connection on 4G, voice or data. When trying to surf the web I lose network every 2 or 3 minutes. When making a call it will drop with the same time frame.

My original device never once had any kind of data issues. I'm having a 2nd replacement sent overnight with Saturday delivery.

How common is this? I'm now worried I'll have a hard time getting a nexus without data issues. I now wish I would have just dealt with the voice quality issues as it wasn't 100% of the time.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten a replacement that was worse than the original, and how common it is for the phone not to work on 4G, thanks.

Last edited:

???

Reaction score
i got 2 bad replacements.. gave up and kept my old one.

the 2 new ones were doing just what you saw yours doing from the sound of it.

OP
Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Reaction score
i got 2 bad replacements.. gave up and kept my old one.

the 2 new ones were doing just what you saw yours doing from the sound of it.

That doesn't sound very promising, unfortunately I've already returned my original unit. I got it to work without interruption by disabling 4G and selecting CDMA only. This will get me by until I get a second replacement tomorrow. I just hope after tomorrow I have no further issues.

I was told if I don't get a working unit after 3 replacements I could choose between a rezound or razr. My wife has a rezound and after talking to coworkers about the razr I don't want either, I just want a nexus that works. :mad: