So I returned my Nexus...long Story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agree, took it to two different states just in the last week.

I think from all of us we say: You're wrong.

captdroid

Reaction score

Yea I'm all over the place always using GPS which is constantly using data. No real problems here obtaining a 4g/3g signal. And I would know it because Google Maps promptly announces 'data connection lost' if you lose the signal. Only time I was out and about and lost both 4g and 3g was during a Verizon network outage recently and I was on the road and it was very annoying :angry: Other then that I am happy with the signal my Gnex gets :)

Reaction score
I was involved in the issue of gnex signal. I was not bashing the phone& did not think that it would create such a firestorm. I too am not going return the gnex for any other phone. Iam going to Verizon tomorrow&see if I can get a third phone.if they won't allow this . I will putt the line on one my other phones. I want to keep this phone but i can't spend 300 &lose my updrade. If issues are fixed I will repurchase the gnex. No one pulling for this phone than me. Ithank all who took their time to post today's

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
FYI Grayson, even though I wasn't having issues to speak of with the 4.0.2 radios, I decided the flash the 4.0.3 radios and it is in incredible difference. I literally get better 4G & 3G signal than I did with just 3G on my OG Droid with the latest baseband. So if you don't want to root (and install the 4.0.3 radios now), look for some much improved signal with the 4.0.3 OTA update in a few weeks. :biggrin:

GoBears

Reaction score
FYI Grayson, even though I wasn't having issues to speak of with the 4.0.2 radios, I decided the flash the 4.0.3 radios and it is in incredible difference. I literally get better 4G & 3G signal than I did with just 3G on my OG Droid with the latest baseband. So if you don't want to root (and install the 4.0.3 radios now), look for some much improved signal with the 4.0.3 OTA update in a few weeks. :biggrin:

I agree with this. Just going to a 4.0.3 based rom has made my Nex's reception every bit as good as my Razr.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

If you want to give this a shot, we can walk you through it. There's nothing that can happen that we cant get you out of!

mtnbst

Reaction score
Not we and us dude... You... My phone like hundreds of thousands of others are perfectly fine. Did you really expect zero bugs in a brand new OS? I love my GNex and wouldn't trade it for any other phone on any carrier.

EDIT: By the way the GNex has so far exceeded my expectations and I'm not the only one that feels that way.

+ 1

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

sb1831

Reaction score

Speak for yourself because your ignorant attitude definitely does NOT speak for me.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Easy fellers, no need to go at each other's throats over some words said.

The phone has bugs, the OP experienced what was a dealbreaker, his phone not being a phone first. He couldn't help it if he didn't get reception, maybe it was a bad unit or the places he went to had no signal. All I can speak for is myself and I have had none of those problems and will definitely hang onto this phone for the next 2 years if not longer.

OP
mekanism

mekanism

Reaction score
Yeah no need to get nasty! Like I said I hope I am wrong and ota update fixes the issue. I think I can still get the nexus again but had I not returned it would have no other option but to keep it.

I can't wait to see what CES has in store!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I have read some of Garemlin's past posts, and he seems to be having problems with his, and because he is a super moderator these threads are going to be allowed to happen because they are "part of the general discussion" and they suit him.

Really??? There is no preferential treatment towards members of staff and I am sorry if you feel that way. I did not start this thread. I just posted my experiences and issues. Just like I and other members and staff members have in other threads. Just because I am a member of staff does not mean that I can't have an opinion or expect to have a solid working device for my money.

slider112

Reaction score
Not we and us dude... You... My phone like hundreds of thousands of others are perfectly fine. Did you really expect zero bugs in a brand new OS? I love my GNex and wouldn't trade it for any other phone on any carrier.

EDIT: By the way the GNex has so far exceeded my expectations and I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

+1

Completely agree. No issues whatsoever.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
After 13 days of owning the Nexus I decided to return it and continue to use my Droid X until something better comes along. While I love 4g, the big beautiful screen, and ICS, I couldnt justify spending $300 on a phone that cant even get a decent 3g signal.
Did the exact same thing with my RAZR... went back to my DX because of network connectivity issues.

VZW really needs to get it together.

TeeX

Reaction score
Did the exact same thing with my RAZR... went back to my DX because of network connectivity issues.

VZW really needs to get it together.

I love my Galaxy Nexus, but my old DROID X will always have a place in my heart. It warms my innards to see so many people still using it.

sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Status
Not open for further replies.