[ROM RELEASE] HeXen ROM 1.0.0 (Froyo) FINAL

jmdale1984

Reaction score
So what is it exactly you want? Gingerbread doesn't exist in an official capacity for the D2G. It's available via a currently in-development and buggy version of Cyanogen.

You say you don't like the look of HeXen? But you want Gingerbread, because you like that look. Well, hate to break it to ya but HeXen is Gingerbread themed. Oh, but you also didn't like the DROID 3 theme that was put out there either. Well, that's Motorola's Gingerbread look.

Sounds to me like you just want to complain. So, have fun with that one. And please don't let the door hit you on the way out.

--
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk Pro

Punked! Hah! dancedroid

DarkDreamer13

Reaction score
So what is it exactly you want? Gingerbread doesn't exist in an official capacity for the D2G. It's available via a currently in-development and buggy version of Cyanogen.

You say you don't like the look of HeXen? But you want Gingerbread, because you like that look. Well, hate to break it to ya but HeXen is Gingerbread themed. Oh, but you also didn't like the DROID 3 theme that was put out there either. Well, that's Motorola's Gingerbread look.

Sounds to me like you just want to complain. So, have fun with that one. And please don't let the door hit you on the way out.

--

Hahaha you tell him! I just wanted to post and say THANK YOU for co-creating this awesome ROM! I absolutely love it. So screw the haters, thank you, and keep up the excellent work! :)

Sent from my Forbidden HeXenated D2G

urbz

Reaction score
I wish I forgot, I know I did a full data wipe and wiped cache as well. Pulled the battery after being stuck at the red 'X' and now I'm stuck at the motorola 'M' screen. Just reinstalled hexen and I'm running into the same problem.

Does anyone know if the initial boot takes a while? I know certain ROM's on my brothers DINC have to occasionally wait 5-10 min on the first boot.

boot into stock recovery and wipe data (hold x while booting) then reboot. If that doesnt work then sbf

I had this exact problem after I was certain that I did a wipe/factory reset. But I followed this advice and booted into STOCK recovery mode, did another wipe from there and it worked! :) I'm now running my first ROM and I'm loving it!

Thanks guys for hooking us up with an awesome ROM!

Last edited:

tvd2g

Reaction score

--

I don't love to complain. I just didn't like the fact the stock hexen reminds me if d1. I ran crimson and d3. I like them better than stock hexen. I like d3 better but no battery level in notification bar. Such a shame. Im running crimson until d3 is fixed. Looks more like stock d2g gui. That's why I like it.

Hexen runs way faster and boots faster. I don't think ill ever run a stock rom again.

Here is aquestion tho. How can you update some apps that youhad previously? I tried to update a couple of apps from backups and the install said failed not signed correctly or some crazy nonsence.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
Ive been messing around with these phones for a couple years now and this is the best thing I have ever done to any of my droids....thank you very much and a job well done. My phone is not the buggy headache my droids have always been. I was starting to believe me auora was screwing the phones up LMAO.

Edit: Hell my digitizer screen is spider webbed bad and it still works flawlessly (I think I am going to canabalize my other D2G for the digitizer screen...will I need to buy a new ribbon???). Is the cpu running at stock speeds with this rom? if not what is the most reliable way to overclock with this rom, whats the highest and still safe cpu setting?

Last edited:

Captain Ned

Reaction score
Just flashed this ROM and I'm stuck on the red 'X' loading screen. Pretty sure its looping right now, any ideas?
Sounds like you, perhaps, forgot to delete the cache.
I've rooted/flashed 2 D2Gs now with Hexen and both of them appeared to loop on the initial boot. After waiting a minute or so I just hit the power switch and both phones instantly popped up to the home screen. Both phones had a triple data/cache wipe before flashing. YMMV.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Ive been messing around with these phones for a couple years now and this is the best thing I have ever done to any of my droids....thank you very much and a job well done. My phone is not the buggy headache my droids have always been. I was starting to believe me auora was screwing the phones up LMAO.

Edit: Hell my digitizer screen is spider webbed bad and it still works flawlessly (I think I am going to canabalize my other D2G for the digitizer screen...will I need to buy a new ribbon???). Is the cpu running at stock speeds with this rom? if not what is the most reliable way to overclock with this rom, whats the highest and still safe cpu setting?

There is speculation on which overclock app works best with the d2g. I have heard that milestone overclock with setcpu. I don't generally overclock but I know that the d2/x overclock does not work well with the d2g due to it having the extra slot.

Sent from my DROID2WE using DroidForums

jmdale1984

Reaction score
And it is a fantastic version... it is such a shame I can't transfer it to my new D3! My D2G actually ran faster with this ROM than my new D3 does... lol.

Great work, guys!

fz1

Reaction score
Thanks for this clean rom! Running very well for me.

1- Any way to to use a custom .mp3 ringtone with what's included?

2- I've got "auto-correct errors" checked for both device and on-screen keyboards, but neither work in GMail. Fixable?

3- If "sbf'ing" could help clean up weirdness, does it defeat the purpose to sbf and then restore a nandroid backup using recovery?

Thanks!

jmdale1984

Reaction score
Thanks for this clean rom! Running very well for me.

1- Any way to to use a custom .mp3 ringtone with what's included?

2- I've got "auto-correct errors" checked for both device and on-screen keyboards, but neither work in GMail. Fixable?

3- If "sbf'ing" could help clean up weirdness, does it defeat the purpose to sbf and then restore a nandroid backup using recovery?

Thanks!

You shouldn't have any issues using .mp3 ringtones with this, or any other ROM. What is the problem you're having, exactly?

For your gmail issue... you might try reinstalling/updating gmail. I can't imagine why you'd have this problem.

You may as well just SBF, and get a clean install to root and install the ROM on... this will probably straighten out any issues you're having.

lorrierockwell

Reaction score
this will be my very first flashed rom. wish me luck!!! Im so excited, I can't stand all of the bloatware lol. Thank you guys for all your hard work!!!! :)

fz1

Reaction score
You shouldn't have any issues using .mp3 ringtones with this, or any other ROM. What is the problem you're having, exactly?

I'm used to using the stock music app to find an .mp3, long pressing on it, and setting it as a ringtone. This rom doesn't include the stock music app, so I'm not sure how to select the .mp3 to be a ringtone.

For your gmail issue... you might try reinstalling/updating gmail. I can't imagine why you'd have this problem.

With stock .330, misspelled words would be replaced in many apps, not just GMail.

You may as well just SBF, and get a clean install to root and install the ROM on... this will probably straighten out any issues you're having.

I wonder if (1) making a nandroid backup of Hexen, (2) sbf'ing, then (3) restoring that nandroid backup could help, or if restoring nandroid backup's defeats the purpose of sbf'ing.

jmdale1984

Reaction score
Restoring another backup would probably defeat the purpose of the SBF... so, personally, I would do an SBF and start over clean.

The system won't list full mp3 files as ringtones, I don't think. You can download a number of music apps from the market that will allow you to set songs as a ringtone.

You can also download an app like Ringdroid to take a full mp3 file and cut it down to a smaller section for a ringtone.

You might also make sure the file you want to set as ringtones are store in the right location. Not 100% sure it matters, but all my ringtones are stored in /SDCARD/MEDIA/AUDIO/RINGTONES

As for your gmail issue... I'm not 100% sure. I don't keep the auto correct turned on anyways. You can use the other email app to sync with gmail instead (the one that's simply named "email" in your app drawer).

I'm using a droid 3 now, but I still have my D2G. I already did a hard reset on it, so Hexen ROM is on all the original settings.

I opened settings, and went to "Language & Keyboard", then "Multi-Touch Keyboard". In this menu, scroll down until you see "Device Keyboard" and underneath it, check "Auto-correct errors".

After doing this, my phone automatically corrected errors in the Gmail app.