[ROM BETA] Fenom ROM Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

apollyon0810

Reaction score
I would tell you to swtch anyways. This I stable and allows you to enjoy all aspects of your D2G.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

And I would tell yyou to wait. I had a lot of reboot with this ROM and eventually went back to Fission. I would also tell yyou to make a decision for yourself. Try them both? And make backups of both within recovery.

Did you sbf and get the update first? Its based on the 2.4.330 update but it still causes problems if you arent on a clean install with the update..... Its like that with my rom too.

Yeah it was done with a clean install. I used GRD's rom with 2.4.330 (with Blur and everything. Not "AngelROM" or whatever) the first time, and that didn't work, so then I used the SBF and installed the update manually OTA. Both resulted with random reboots (soft reboots). I always go back to stock before installing a new ROM just out of habit.

apollyon0810

Reaction score
I've conceded that I will always be disappointed with my D2G. Not enough support by Moto, and not enough third party support. I've accepted the fact that I'm stuck with Fission 2.4.3 until I buy a new phone and have enough foresight to get one with an unlocked bootloader. Luckily, my Xoom offers a release for that "mod my stuff" urge "we all" get. Dear D2G, I am disappointed. Fin.

arsci

Reaction score
I would tell you to swtch anyways. This I stable and allows you to enjoy all aspects of your D2G.

And I would tell yyou to wait. I had a lot of reboot with this ROM and eventually went back to Fission. I would also tell yyou to make a decision for yourself. Try them both? And make backups of both within recovery.

Well, I think I am going to try it at least. I've read all 30 something pages and it seems to be pretty hit-or-miss with the reboot issue. I had more random reboots on the stock ROM than I do now with liberty. It's worth a try, worst case I go back to liberty or stock and wait for something else. Having come from an env touch, I'm VERY happy with the D2G.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score

Well, I think I am going to try it at least. I've read all 30 something pages and it seems to be pretty hit-or-miss with the reboot issue. I had more random reboots on the stock ROM than I do now with liberty. It's worth a try, worst case I go back to liberty or stock and wait for something else. Having come from an env touch, I'm VERY happy with the D2G.

The best advice I can give is start from stock b4 flashing any rom. If you have a clean nandroid it only takes a few min extra. I ran both roms for at least a week (back to fenom now) and have not had any random reboots that I did not cause. Both fenom and angel are steps above fission in my opinion and I like having the sensors for certain apps.

keolawills

Reaction score
I've conceded that I will always be disappointed with my D2G. Not enough support by Moto, and not enough third party support. I've accepted the fact that I'm stuck with Fission 2.4.3 until I buy a new phone and have enough foresight to get one with an unlocked bootloader. Luckily, my Xoom offers a release for that "mod my stuff" urge "we all" get. Dear D2G, I am disappointed. Fin.

Im running angelrom with fission themes and my phone is waaaaay better than with fission, and team defuse is done so there is no support at all. Angelrom along with fenom is way more stable than fission, and atleast the devs are around for support. If you "need" a toolbox then go with liberty or fission, I am more than comfortable using cwm recovery to flash a theme or a themed app to customize my phone. The only thing I can't do is change the pulldown text or have a transparent notification background, big whoop. Im more than happy with the speed and batt life I get out of angelrom, and am very anxious for heXen to be released.

Also about reboots, I have 2 d2gs and one will reboot every 15 seconds on stock rom unrooted. Doesn't matter what rom its running, it reboots ALL THE TIME! The d2g im on now has no reboot issues at all. Yes, it has randomly rebooted once since flashing angelrom. The reboot issue probably comes with the phone itself, as I have read all over the interweb of people having the same problem, regardless of rom. Just my unknowledgable two cents.

my ANGEL blacked out

Last edited:

satoru

Reaction score

Did you sbf and get the update first? Its based on the 2.4.330 update but it still causes problems if you arent on a clean install with the update..... Its like that with my rom too.

Yeah it was done with a clean install. I used GRD's rom with 2.4.330 (with Blur and everything. Not "AngelROM" or whatever) the first time, and that didn't work, so then I used the SBF and installed the update manually OTA. Both resulted with random reboots (soft reboots). I always go back to stock before installing a new ROM just out of habit.

Why would you use the rommer tool? Do an sbf then ota update or use the new sbf. Then wipe/factory reset and flash fenom. Iv never once had a problem with my d2g on stock fission fenom angel grd or anything I do not understand people who complain about it. Read first then read again. You jump the gun too quick. IMO fenom beats fission.

kickyindahead

Reaction score

Why would you use the rommer tool? Do an sbf then ota update or use the new sbf. Then wipe/factory reset and flash fenom. Iv never once had a problem with my d2g on stock fission fenom angel grd or anything I do not understand people who complain about it. Read first then read again. You jump the gun too quick. IMO fenom beats fission.

The only reason you should use the grd rommer is for d2 roms .. angels rom .. fenom ... and fission 2.4.3 DO NOT need the rommer tool. fission 2.5.7 does need the rommer tool.. and so does liberty. I have very seldom experienced any soft reboots... i believe they are all hardware/software issues. Ive been running Angels rom since testing it and it has been my favorite so far. Actually running a slightly modified version of his rom .. which will probably be released this weekend... was just given the go ahead from the themer to do so. but i am completely busy with work until saturday afternoonish . That said .. nice to see some good lovin for the d2g's ... keep up the good work fennux and angel .. cant wait to try out hexen . and of course .. if ya need a tester .. im always willing to be a test dummy . . just dont make me choose between the red or blue pill .. cuz i might just eat both of them ..

satoru

Reaction score

The only reason you should use the grd rommer is for d2 roms .. angels rom .. fenom ... and fission 2.4.3 DO NOT need the rommer tool. fission 2.5.7 does need the rommer tool.. and so does liberty. I have very seldom experienced any soft reboots... i believe they are all hardware/software issues. Ive been running Angels rom since testing it and it has been my favorite so far. Actually running a slightly modified version of his rom .. which will probably be released this weekend... was just given the go ahead from the themer to do so. but i am completely busy with work until saturday afternoonish . That said .. nice to see some good lovin for the d2g's ... keep up the good work fennux and angel .. cant wait to try out hexen . and of course .. if ya need a tester .. im always willing to be a test dummy . . just dont make me choose between the red or blue pill .. cuz i might just eat both of them ..

That's what I was saying, lol. I did not understand why he would use the grd tool for fenum. Like I said before read then read again =p also the blue pill has a better hue to it hahaha.

kickyindahead

Reaction score

That's what I was saying, lol. I did not understand why he would use the grd tool for fenum. Like I said before read then read again =p also the blue pill has a better hue to it hahaha.

im not quite sure about the blue anymore .. my phone has been black and blue since the liberty black and blue theme for d2g came out .. maybe i will mix the two pills and get purple .. that could be fun :icon_eek:

satoru

Reaction score

im not quite sure about the blue anymore .. my phone has been black and blue since the liberty black and blue theme for d2g came out .. maybe i will mix the two pills and get purple .. that could be fun :icon_eek:

Purple is always good. And kitty cats, I like lions Haha. I never could bring myself to use liberty or its themes, not sure why but I think its for the better. I feel in love with the go launcher ex and widgetlocker mix. Plus fenom.... not much left to say x$

tater0388

Reaction score
Are there any themes for this ROM yet?

arsci

Reaction score
Well, I installed this last night and let me just say, TOP NOTCH!!

Have not had any sudden reboots, its very quick and so far doesn't seem too bad on battery life. runs much better than liberty on my global. Having all the sensors back is awesome. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next!

satoru

Reaction score
Are there any themes for this ROM yet?

I do not think anyone has made fenom specific themes but I think I saw someone used a fission theme. You should just download go launcher ex, and theme from there seeing as its free and better that launcher pro IMO only

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
You can use some fission themes with this. If you are already running fenom just boot to recovery, flash fenom again (no data or cache wipe needed) then the theme. Although I did experiance some issues with the market and gmail afterwards. Got it fixed but do not remember exactly what I did....

Status
Not open for further replies.