[ROM BETA] Fenom ROM 0.9.x

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Same here. I still use music beta as it only caused me issues 1 time and has been fine since.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bandario

Reaction score
Signal boost

I would trade my left testicle for a build including the script that hgrimberg has posted.

I live in a very remote area of regional SouthWest QLD Australia and I recently bought a droid 2 global.

Whilst I have enough signal to support a phone conversation without dropping out most of the time, my voice is sometimes distorted a tad to the other party + i'm sure it is not good for the phone to sit on zero signal bars all the time.

I know a lot of this will be down to physical architecture of the phone but I would be very very keen to give the above script a try if at all possible! I am switched on enough to have just flashed this amazing rom but not enough to insert that code.

I still don't even know what it means to SBF!

Running this for 2 days so far and have had no crashes or reboots, just a trimmed down sleek version ready for my own customisation! awesome rom.

My battery seems to be standing a bit tougher as well so far.

Dolfns99

Reaction score
I have been running the latest venom rom since it was posted, without a hitch. Love this rom! Until yesterday I was on a call and when I hung up screen was frozen. It didn't respond to nothing. I had to eventually take the battery out and reboot. And when I received a text message, I got the same message like 5 times. It kept duplicating message. Any thoughts on this?

joeyx2

Reaction score
I have been running the latest venom rom since it was posted, without a hitch. Love this rom! Until yesterday I was on a call and when I hung up screen was frozen. It didn't respond to nothing. I had to eventually take the battery out and reboot. And when I received a text message, I got the same message like 5 times. It kept duplicating message. Any thoughts on this?

That happened to me. Next time try to lock ur phone where the screen goes dark then unlock. That seems to wake it back up again
For me.

Dolfns99

Reaction score
So fennux. Do you think on your next rom you could them a lockscreen like widgetlocker? I use that lockdscreen but I like the way the lockscreen is themed out with this rom. If your understanding what I mean. Just a thought.

hgrimberg

Reaction score
I would trade my left testicle for a build including the script that hgrimberg has posted.

I live in a very remote area of regional SouthWest QLD Australia and I recently bought a droid 2 global.

Whilst I have enough signal to support a phone conversation without dropping out most of the time, my voice is sometimes distorted a tad to the other party + i'm sure it is not good for the phone to sit on zero signal bars all the time.

I know a lot of this will be down to physical architecture of the phone but I would be very very keen to give the above script a try if at all possible! I am switched on enough to have just flashed this amazing rom but not enough to insert that code.

I still don't even know what it means to SBF!

Running this for 2 days so far and have had no crashes or reboots, just a trimmed down sleek version ready for my own customisation! awesome rom.

My battery seems to be standing a bit tougher as well so far.

I added the Radiocomm hack and my GSM signal is more stable now. I check how long the network was inactive and the percentage decreased a lot lately. I didn't try the other hack, the 3G speed hack with those other values and more lines I mentioned so far because I dont know if it will make my signal stronger and more consistent or if it will just be the same as the one that comes with Fenom. Logic says there must be something else apart from just adding more speed to the data connection because of the 3 extra lines. The hack that comes with Fenom made my data a lot faster than without it so I am still hesitant about removing it and replace it with the one I posted before.

OP
Fenuxx

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score
The reboot issue is almost certainly a hardware one, or one that's an issue with the 2.4.330 framework (I'm still leaning towards it being an issue with the baseband, personally).

My roommate has a D2G which is completely stock. Not even rooted. He's now having the same reboots as has been described. If it were a problem with my ROM, or any D2G ROM, I don't see how it would be affecting a stock, unrooted phone. :)

gefox4vn

Reaction score
This phone may be a big mistake of Motorola. Moto never say anything about Gingerbeard for this phone :(

rusty815

Reaction score
i asked this in angel's rom thread, and ill ask it here too, is there any way that the blur calender can be included in this rom, there isnt much different between the blur calender and the aosp calender besides the widget, and i prefer the blur calender widget because it lists more than one task and is resizable, the blur calender doesnt depend on the blur framework either.

rusty815

Reaction score
http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/droid_2_global.pdf

Christmas time....hope the modders can keep up.

BIG EDIT: Wraaa! Just rolled back to stock firmware only to discover there is no OTA update here for me! What a rort. Anyone got the GB rom as a zip file?

it hasnt rolled out yet, right now motorola is getting ready to perform a soak test for a select few people who are signed up with their feedback network, so people who arent signed up should expect it to arrive in a week or two at the least. im signed up and i got an invitation to the soak test dancedroid

eMWu

Reaction score
So you will be able to send bugs and suggestions to the firmware people directly, correct?
Because I would have some suggestions for stuff that needs improvement :icon_rolleyes:

keado

Reaction score
in prep for this upgrade.. what is the necessary steps to rollback my d2g in order to take the upgrade? ... just unroot it and i should be ok? or is their more too it.. ?

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Earlier today I had the black screen thing happen after a phone call. Power button would not work. I don't know what causes it but I did discover that if you plug it into a charger ( I was in the car at the time) it will wake it right up. No need for a battery pull.