[ROM ALPHA] Fenom ROM 0.7.6 - Public *ALPHA* 1

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score
Fenom ROM 0.7.6

A DROID 2 Global Custom Pseudo-ROM

** PUBLIC ALPHA 1 **

Please, remember this is an *ALPHA* build. There will be bugs.

• I take no responsibility for any damage to your device. You are installing this at * YOUR OWN RISK *. If you are not comfortable with the possibility you may have to .SBF your phone back to stock, do NOT install this ROM.

MULTIUPLOAD DOWNLOAD

Based on: Droid 2 Global 2.4.330 (Android 2.2) System Software

File Size: 95.0 MB (99,720,158 bytes)
MD5 Hash: 1827EE34A7B7CC07A82E700FDAB82BD5

Please make sure you compare the MD5 Hash and/or file size of the file you've downloaded to make sure you are getting a complete file, and not one that has been tampered with or has been corrupted!

---Installation Instructions---

1. Place the file (fenom-0.7.6-palpha1.zip) on your SD Card
  2. Reboot to Clockwork Recovery
  3. **** WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET ****
  4. Choose "install zip from sdcard"
  5. Choose "choose zip form sdcard"
  6. Select the .zip file you downloaded, install, and reboot!
  7. ???
  8. Profit?

---Release Notes---

• Based on 2.4.330 framework (** Credit to Team GET~R~DONE for their insight on this **)
    • Deodexed, Opti-pnged, Zip-aligned
    • Bloat and useless CRAP removed
    • Build.prop tweaks, optimizations, and hacks
  • Includes Droid 2 Bootstrapper (** Credit to Koush **)
  • REMOVED Blur Launcher
    • Replaced with LauncherPro 0.8.4.1 (** Credit to Fede **)
    • Added force home app in memory tweak, no need to do this within the launcher settings
  • REMOVED Blur SMS/Universal Inbox/Messaging App(s)
    • Replaced with Modded Android 2.2.1 SMS App (Black Background version) (** Credit to CyanogenMod **)
  • REMOVED Blur Desk Clock/Alarm App
    • Replaced with Stock Android Desk Clock App 2.2.1
  • REMOVED Blur E-Mail App
  • REMOVED Blur File Manager
    • Replaced with OI File Manager 1.1.4 (** Credit to OpenIntents **)
  • Updated Google Search Box (QuickSearchBox) to 1.1.2.64376
  • Updated Voice Search to 2.1.1
  • Updated News & Weather App (GenieWidget) to 1.3.04(PROD)
  • Updated Android Market to 2.3.4
  • Added Spare Parts 2.2.1

---Known Issues---

Upon completion of Android setup, you will get a screen that looks like this:

CHOOSE SET-UP to complete the initial setup. I haven't found a way around this yet, unless I revert back to the stock Blur launcher. Hopefully I can make this less "clunky" in the future.

chrisl20

Reaction score
Right on! Downloading now, will flash it when I get to my laptop just in case I need to sbf ...will post how it goes! Thanks man!

clouse2013

Reaction score
Works great. Been on this for a day or two now with no problems. Good work fennux. Hopefully D2G roms can only keep getting better!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

rusty815

Reaction score
Im running the rom right now, its spectacular, but there's one bug that's a little bit of a deal breaker for me, I can't add any new events to my calender, and I use it a lot, otherwise its amazing.

clouse2013

Reaction score
I liked it a lot too. I just am having a problem with the email app. I have an Ohio State email which is a pain to set up so its not really the apps fault. I just don't know how to set up is probably the problem. Other than that good work.

kickasz23

Reaction score
enjoyed the rom cant wait to see what you add to this this thing moves quick...any reason you used launcher pro over another launcher?

Asphyx

Reaction score
I would suggest to anyone who is having some issues with the stock apps to try some 3rd party options instead.

Removing stuff from blur will always have some detrimental affect on some of the stock apps but they are not actually a problem with the OS but the way Blur did things.

So try another mail program and calendar to those who reported issues there.
The stock email and Calendar pretty much sucks even when it works.

I will keep track on the progress of this rom as what we really need is a minimalist ROM that everyone can use as a starting off point in customizong and adding AOSP features.

Much the way DCD's old WM minimalist ROMS were the launching point for many great customized WM builds based off it.

OP
Fenuxx

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score
I included K9 mail as the replacement for the overly crappy Blur email app, but I think the problem clouse2013 was having is with Gmail.

I have 2 different Gmail accounts set up on my phone as well, and in order to get the 2nd account to work properly, I had to go into Settings >> Accounts >> Click on the account name, and make sure the Sync Gmail option is checked. You should see a box with your default email account name in the top right corner of your Gmail account after it all syncs and whatnot, click it, and you can switch between accounts.

Otherwise, try K9 mail and see if that makes any difference.

I was hoping that the calendar issue was isolated to me, but I guess it wasn't. In the next build, I'll be including the stock Android calendar app.

As far as using LauncherPro, I enjoy it much more than ADW or anything else. Of course, if the overwhelming consensus is to switch it to ADW or something else, then I have no problem doing it. I'm definitely open to suggestions as to what to include or not include in the ROM.

kickasz23

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there was any hardcoded reasons

rusty815

Reaction score
I use launcher pro plus and love it, I have no problem with k9, like I said the only problem I had was with the calender, once that's fixed this rom will be perfect for me. Any optimizations planned in the future?

OP
Fenuxx

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score
I was just wondering if there was any hardcoded reasons

Nope, you're free to use any launcher you like. The only hard coded items are elements of Blur.

Any optimizations planned in the future?

I've got alot swarming around in my head that I'd *LIKE* to do, but half of it probably isn't even possible without access to the kernel. I'm taking a very close look at Fission to see what I can and can't strip from the Blur framework.

rusty815

Reaction score
That's great, just keep at it, take as much time as you need to make things right, as soon as you squash those two little bugs, this will make a great stable rom, a great alternative to stock for me

clouse2013

Reaction score
I included K9 mail as the replacement for the overly crappy Blur email app, but I think the problem clouse2013 was having is with Gmail.

I have 2 different Gmail accounts set up on my phone as well, and in order to get the 2nd account to work properly, I had to go into Settings >> Accounts >> Click on the account name, and make sure the Sync Gmail option is checked. You should see a box with your default email account name in the top right corner of your Gmail account after it all syncs and whatnot, click it, and you can switch between accounts.

Otherwise, try K9 mail and see if that makes any difference.

The problem for me wasnt gmail, that worked just fine. I tried using the k-9 mail app but the problem is maybe because before for my school email i had to set up an exchange server. The incoming was outlook.com and the outgoing was pod.15000.outlook.com and on k-9 it wont let me edit both of these fields. Each field also had different security between the outgoing and incoming. I believe thats the problem. Maybe its my fault tho and i just dont know how to set it up.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
GOOD JOB on this alpha release bro