[ROM ALPHA] Fenom ROM 0.7.6 - Public *ALPHA* 1

OP
Fenuxx

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score
I was going to load your rom but is a new version almost done?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

I'm working on stability at the moment, but it's coming along. I *HOPE* to have the new version up tonight.

I am loving your ROM. Much better than Fission or Blur stock. I'm having an issue with the market in that I can't find/download/install the official Twitter app and (don't hit me here) the WeatherBug pro app. Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing?

I have the official Twitter app, it installs fine. Might try clearing your market data and see if that fixes it.

max92rule

Reaction score
Great ROM! It is snappy and all the crapware is gone. Only issue I have found so far is that the desktop seems to be 8 squares wide, so when I try to place a widget on there, the 4x4 is actually 2x4. This is the only deal breaker for me that I have found, simply because I can't put widgets on my screen with this issue. Here are some pics to see what I'm talking about:

This should be a 4x4 widget:
ScreenShot.png

Shortcuts overlap each other:
ScreenShot1.png

Last edited:
OP
Fenuxx

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score
I think that's something in a setting somewhere in LauncherPro. Not something I changed in the ROM anywhere.

Go to LauncherPro Settings (Menu hard key -> Preferences) --> Number of Columns/Number of Rows.

What are they for you currently? I'm pretty sure stock is 4 columns, 4 rows, I have mine at 4 columns, 5 rows.

rusty815

Reaction score
Yeah you probably changed the settings in launcher pro, I have this rom installed and ootb it came 4x4. Either way, it shouldn't be a deal breaker because its easily fixed, its one of the features of launcher pro. I currently have a 5x5 setup on my rom.

elfurbe

Reaction score
I was going to load your rom but is a new version almost done?

I'm working on stability at the moment, but it's coming along. I *HOPE* to have the new version up tonight.

I am loving your ROM. Much better than Fission or Blur stock. I'm having an issue with the market in that I can't find/download/install the official Twitter app and (don't hit me here) the WeatherBug pro app. Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing?

I have the official Twitter app, it installs fine. Might try clearing your market data and see if that fixes it.

I took a look at nightbirdflying's D2G. Cleared Market data the right way and with Titanium, same deal. Decided to see what the real deal was, so I tried installing it via adb from a Titanium backup, and I get a pretty straight forward error:

$ adb install com.twitter.android-5e2aee52e8baf21a2ba23dabbdd311c5.apk
2380 KB/s (1652066 bytes in 0.677s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/com.twitter.android-5e2aee52e8baf21a2ba23dabbdd311c5.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY]

So that's an odd thing. I have no idea how to know which library it's missing.

OP
Fenuxx

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score
Shouldn't be missing anything, actually. Everything that should be there, is there. As I said, I have the official Twitter app installed, and everything works fine.

max92rule

Reaction score
I think that's something in a setting somewhere in LauncherPro. Not something I changed in the ROM anywhere.

Go to LauncherPro Settings (Menu hard key -> Preferences) --> Number of Columns/Number of Rows.

What are they for you currently? I'm pretty sure stock is 4 columns, 4 rows, I have mine at 4 columns, 5 rows.

Hey Fenuxx, that fixed it. I never changed that with Launcher Pro, but it must have loaded as the default for some reason. Thanks for the fix!

I did want to mention one other bug that I noticed, may not be with your ROM though. I use Chomp SMS for my text messaging, and when I tried to forward a picture message from one friend to the other it FC'd Chomp. Not sure if the issue is Chomp or just compatibility with the ROM, but thought I would mention it. Def not a big issue for me.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I see most of blur has been removed, does blur contacts still work at this time? Also, you, Fenuxx, said you hope to have a new version up today. Will blur contacts still be in there assuming it has not been removed from Alpha 1?

OP
Fenuxx

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score
Well, original plan was to have a new version up today, but, yay for my roommate spreading a lovely virus through our network, and I lost alot of my work. (What is it with viruses and hard drives crashing and server blowups, etc. for D2G devs?) Gonna take me a bit to get caught back up.

Blur contacts is in the current version available, yes. The new version, no, I'm trying to incorporate WyContacts or the stock Android contacts+dialer apps into the future versions.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Wow that sucks! Sorry to hear that. Been there done that(lost data for a big project due to incompetence on my own part lol). I might have to check this out as blur contacts is really the only part of blur I really want to use. I didnt think it could function with out blur home though or is that just in older version of blur?

Neverblu

Reaction score
have you ever taken a look at go launcher, sms, or contacts? they are all pretty smooth. go launcher or launcher pro I could go either way with, only thing go launcher is missing is the the ability to customize the grid(although it does have options to change the grid, it is just predefined).

rusty815

Reaction score
Wow that sucks! Sorry to hear that. Been there done that(lost data for a big project due to incompetence on my own part lol). I might have to check this out as blur contacts is really the only part of blur I really want to use. I didnt think it could function with out blur home though or is that just in older version of blur?

I have everything frozen except for contacts, dialer, and text messaging, all the contacts really needs are these other two as well as the email engine, without those it force closes. If you like the blur contacts, you should look into go contacts, very, very similar, I think the go dev team modeled their program after blur contacts.

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
All I need to know is that a solid update(including a calendar fix because I use mine religiously) is ready and then I will choose this rom over liberty. Well, so long as it has a black pull-down bar because why else would I use a custom rom other than diet droid... just sayin...

rusty815

Reaction score
All I need to know is that a solid update(including a calendar fix because I use mine religiously) is ready and then I will choose this rom over liberty. Well, so long as it has a black pull-down bar because why else would I use a custom rom other than diet droid... just sayin...

I agree with you, once the calender problem is fixed ill be jumping ship from my stock heavily modified rom. Why is the black pull down bar so important? Im not trying to sound rude or anything, I just want to know.

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Since I went with liberty, I have completely redesigned my layout. My current background for example looks siiiick on liberty but would look just as good on any rom so long as it has a black pull-down. If it weren't for that I would have gone to diet droid by now. Totally superficial. But what can I say... style over substance lol.