[ROM RELEASE] HeXen ROM 1.0.0 (Froyo) FINAL

nola

Reaction score
After successfully SBF'ing for the first time, dealing with some droid eye bootloops, bootloader daemons (did a battery pull and the bootloader screen continued to pop up!), i can say that i am happily running hexen (and the daemons were apparently exorcised). after sbf'ing back to stock i remembered how much i dislike it, and after flashing hexen i realized pretty quickly how much better this is than fission. i used to get lock screen reboots often enough to be an annoyance with fission and i haven't had anything of the sort after a full day. extremely fast, good battery life, bluetooth works, camera/camcorder works, everything works...

loving this rom, thanks to the devs for the hard work :)

wildbill86

Reaction score
I experienced the bluetooth not working issue once yesterday, but with a reboot it turned right on, a bug I can deal with as I don't really use bluetooth much anyways. I like this rom too much otherwise to even bother trying another, unless I just get really bored some time. Oh and one question, I asked elsewhere and never got a reply, is the 3g speed hack built into the rom, and does it work in a cdma network?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited:

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I experienced the bluetooth not working issue once yesterday, but with a reboot it turned right on, a bug I can deal with as I don't really use bluetooth much anyways. I like this rom too much otherwise to even bother trying another, unless I just get really bored some time. Oh and one question, I asked elsewhere and never got a reply, is the 3g speed hack built into the rom, and does it work in a cdma network?

The 3g hack is built into the rom. And yes it works on cdma.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

akerby16

Reaction score
i am having a hell of a time with my phone. my touch screen has been tweaking out on me for the last couple days also having an issue with the phone lagging. is there anything i can do to try and fix.

Trilback

Reaction score
Are there instructions on how to use this rom?

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
i am having a hell of a time with my phone. my touch screen has been tweaking out on me for the last couple days also having an issue with the phone lagging. is there anything i can do to try and fix.

You can try to reflash it. No wipping needed. That may fix it.

@ triback ...Just follow the instructions in the op. Everything else runs like stock, just better.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Captain Ned

Reaction score
Bought the new D2G this Sunday without knowing it was infested with MotoBlur. A quick scan through these threads and it now looks just like my D1 running the latest Froyo/GB Bugless Beast (which is now the daughter's phone). It also solved the problems I had with setting up access to my work's Exchange server. The Blur Corporate Sync app is useless but I'm now back in properly-synced bliss.

The only quirk I've noticed so far is that Launcher Pro will not allow Astro to drop shortcuts for App Mgr and Process Mgr on the home screen. If that's the only issue I have, I won't complain.

Last edited:

cpupeli1

Reaction score
Just flashed this ROM and I'm stuck on the red 'X' loading screen. Pretty sure its looping right now, any ideas?

cpupeli1

Reaction score
I wish I forgot, I know I did a full data wipe and wiped cache as well. Pulled the battery after being stuck at the red 'X' and now I'm stuck at the motorola 'M' screen. Just reinstalled hexen and I'm running into the same problem.

Does anyone know if the initial boot takes a while? I know certain ROM's on my brothers DINC have to occasionally wait 5-10 min on the first boot.

DmdStar

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the initial boot takes a while? I know certain ROM's on my brothers DINC have to occasionally wait 5-10 min on the first boot.

I think it usually takes a few minutes to boot the first time for me. 5-10 mins is a bit long. Did you do a SBF before flashing Hexen? If not, that's probably the next step, I'd say.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I wish I forgot, I know I did a full data wipe and wiped cache as well. Pulled the battery after being stuck at the red 'X' and now I'm stuck at the motorola 'M' screen. Just reinstalled hexen and I'm running into the same problem.

boot into stock recovery and wipe data (hold x while booting) then reboot. If that doesnt work then sbf

tvd2g

Reaction score
let me start off by saying this site is the best. i rooted/bricked/unbricked/flashed/romed all in 24 hours just from this site.

i now am running this hexen rom and personally i do not like it. i like the gingerbread better with TiBackup to freeze bloatware. you need the special vzw sbf to flash it back to stock.

that was a ***** to ****ing get.

i will most likely flash back to stock.

must haves for unbricking:

MOTOHELP DRIVER INSTALL!!!!
VERISION 4.9 RSD LITE!!!! 4.7 does not work.
windows XP!!!!
VRZ_A956_2.4.33_1FF_01.sbf all other sbf files failed for d2g
FULLY CHARGED BATTERY!!!!! if battery is too low will fail reflashing. make sure its charged or get a battery charger from verizon for the bp6(7)x batteries.
if you get all of those you can follow the rest of the instructions youll find on this site and youll unbrick it easy.

thanks to this site i have a functional phone again.

note: this is for unbricking a d2g.

OP
Fenuxx

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score
So what is it exactly you want? Gingerbread doesn't exist in an official capacity for the D2G. It's available via a currently in-development and buggy version of Cyanogen.

You say you don't like the look of HeXen? But you want Gingerbread, because you like that look. Well, hate to break it to ya but HeXen is Gingerbread themed. Oh, but you also didn't like the DROID 3 theme that was put out there either. Well, that's Motorola's Gingerbread look.

Sounds to me like you just want to complain. So, have fun with that one. And please don't let the door hit you on the way out.

--
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk Pro