[ROM RELEASE] HeXen ROM 1.0.0 (Froyo) FINAL

wildbill86

Reaction score
The files in any folder titled ringtones, notifications, or alarms will show up in their respected lists in stock settings.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

TEHBUCKFUTTER

Reaction score
My D2G has been at some x shaped loading screen just after the M logo for about fifteen minutes. Did I screw up? Should I just sbf and start over?

tvd2g

Reaction score
First book takes a while but of it takes more than 5 minutes you have a problem. Go back into recovery and wipe data/factory reset then reboot and wait. Should boot fine

Sent from your moms yambag using my heXen d2g

Captain Ned

Reaction score
My D2G has been at some x shaped loading screen just after the M logo for about fifteen minutes. Did I screw up? Should I just sbf and start over?
Just for giggles try pressing the power button. Both of the D2Gs I rooted sat at the loading screen on the first boot, but pressing the power button instantly brought them to the home screen. Neither phone has had a blip since then, so I saw no need to SBF and re-root. As always, YMMV.

TEHBUCKFUTTER

Reaction score
First book takes a while but of it takes more than 5 minutes you have a problem. Go back into recovery and wipe data/factory reset then reboot and wait. Should boot fine

Thanks this worked. I'm on Hexen now!

And Caprain Ned I tried that before I finally made an account and came on heeree, it never worked. I battery pulled and rebooted multiple times just to come to the same dead end. But the quoted solution worked great!

tvd2g

Reaction score
Glad your phone works and I could help.

HerroMoto

Reaction score
Does anyone have a mirror for this? The ones on the first post don't seem to be working.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Does anyone have a mirror for this? The ones on the first post don't seem to be working.

Click the "my files" link in my signature. I gave him the direct link but he hasn't changed it yet :(

Sent from my CM'd D2G

HerroMoto

Reaction score

Click the "my files" link in my signature. I gave him the direct link but he hasn't changed it yet :(

Sent from my CM'd D2G

Quick response. Thanks! Trying to help my friend out with his D2G. Im coming from a regular D2 so im back to being a noob again lol. Much appreciated!

Last edited:

JMAjustin

Reaction score
I've been using this rom for a while now, and I'm getting the same amount of battery life as I was before. And my phone occasionally freezes. Am I doing something wrong?

nola

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrossTown
What's the kind of battery life you guys have been seeing with this rom? I've flashed this rom twice - once a couple weeks ago, had stable battery life (12 or so hours of moderate use), then I flashed CM4D2G just to test it out, and restored my backup with this heXen. Now I'm lucky to see 8 hours? My phone use hasn't change that I'm aware of. Anything you guys are doing to extend your battery life?

My battery life on heXen was epic. I could go all day on a single charge (about 15-20 hrs.) If currently on heXen you could try reflashing it without wiping data or cache to see if that helps.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

i have no idea why this is beneficial but DAMN did it help! 2 days ago i'd be at 70% after being unplugged for 2 hours. after doing this (reflashing without wiping) i'm sitting at 50% after being unplugged for 28 hours and 21 minutes!

if anyone's curious, 2 things: 1. i have been using the phone too, not just letting it sit around; wifi is off, angry birds, facebook, youtube, music player (sublime's new album with the new guy is ballin! RIP bradley) pulse news, constant texts, 3 or 4 calls, updated all applicable apps, and 6 or 7 browser sessions. And 2. i have juice defender set to aggressive with screen brightness only up to about a fifth of the max.

again, i haven't the slightest clue why doing that has this result, but i don't really care. long story short, battery life went from ok, to as he said, epic. thanks man :)

OP
Fenuxx

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score
It's possible something got screwed up during use and reflashing corrected it. Be it symlinks or some config file somewhere. Who knows. Something you installed did change something system-wise or it would have made no difference.

--
Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Fenuxx

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score
Once Gingerbread is out. I would *LIKE* to base it on CM7, which is currently being worked on, but it's still not to the point of being stable.

HeXen won't go any further in its current, Blur-based, Android 2.2 form.

--
Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk Pro