[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.7.22.0 [DEV]

Anathema

Reaction score
I miss miui. Its so hard for me to not flash these new releases but it seems as if the d1 is not really meant to run miui.

Though I must say, one of my requirements on my upgrade come august is it has to be "miui compatible" ;)

nu2droid

Reaction score
I miss miui. Its so hard for me to not flash these new releases but it seems as if the d1 is not really meant to run miui.

Though I must say, one of my requirements on my upgrade come august is it has to be "miui compatible" ;)

I would say, this has been one the best for my phone. I never had luck with the older versions, but these past 2 or 3 have been sweet.

Daballa

Reaction score
Has the recovery issue been pinpointed or fixed yet?

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

I have made those who make the 4-way mod at miui.us aware of the error. I have been busy w/ the camera and haven't looked into it myself.

I'm on pe6. 5 too I love it. Miui is getting slower

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

And I thought you kept a 7.15 to always fall back on. I see where your loyalty is :p

Thanks for the reply. Still on 7.15 untill it gets ironed out.

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
could be a weak 3g or wifi connection and phones trying to find a stronger signal? did you happen to check teh battery use to see if any one process was abnormally high?

or it could be a rogue app running in the background or it fc'd improperly but hanging.

next time try rebooting and see if it cools down.

I had my phone just sitting on my night stand last night for about an hour, picked it up, and it was very hot-105f. I am on 1.7.22, stock kernel, stock theme. I didn't do anything different this go around. I did change the lock screen a few days ago like I always do.

Actually I did turn on all the sounds (screen off/on, softkeys) about 6 hours before this happened.

Any ideas? I'm on pe6.5 right now because I couldn't cool down my phone, waiting for 1.7.29

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Strangely, it was the phone calls that took up most the battery but didn't see anything in my call log and didn't make much calls.

cowsquad

Reaction score
Has the recovery issue been pinpointed or fixed yet?

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

I have made those who make the 4-way mod at miui.us aware of the error. I have been busy w/ the camera and haven't looked into it myself.

I'm on pe6. 5 too I love it. Miui is getting slower

And I thought you kept a 7.15 to always fall back on. I see where your loyalty is :p

Hahah magiman, I love miui and I'm always flashing back, because I love the UI and everything. :)

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Strangely, it was the phone calls that took up most the battery but didn't see anything in my call log and didn't make much calls.

I have noticed some strange repeated lines in logcats in 7.22

Code:
I/TelephonyRegistry(11142): notifyServiceState: 0 home  Moto-Android 31172  EvDo rev. A CSS supported 5 440RoamInd: 1DefRoamInd: 1EmergOnly: false

That may be related. I haven't had it do anything on my phone to the extreme that happened to you. I haven't even really noticed battery drain issues, but it could be related.

dapper1

Reaction score
I use the default mail application for my work email (exchange) and up till now never had a problem changing the notification ringtone. I would like to change it to "mute" but it isn't saving my selection.

Anyone else experiencing this or know how I can fix it?

Thanks.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Bang Pow, are you drunk dialing again or for that matter are you reenacting the hotel room scene from Fight Club?

I do think that this is oddly the best port yet, but with certain weird problems. Yes a paradox, but I am the architect of this dream. (see inception)

On only a few occasions, once after fixing permissions, I will get stuck on boot logo almost like nothing is mounting, which occurred 2 builds back. So I battery pull and boot this time into recovery and go to partitions and mount all and reboot, this actually boots up quite quickly, why I don't know. A termite probably has a deeper understanding of all this!

Has anyone encountered this? Also I feel like maybe something is keeping the phone from ever sleeping.
Like the LED blinking, you would think my OG was jealous of Christmas Trees or something. Is that something that would keep the phone from sleeping?
I feel like in the past it only blinked for a little while and then stopped itself after 10 minutes.
But this acts like me in my youth, it can go all night.

I think that the super heat up may be due to some underlying glitch. I think it is happening when the phone freezes up. I remember that when I had it freeze I was holding it waiting to see if it would self correct or if turning the screen off would allow it to address the problem with less things like the screen on putting more demand on the cpu. Well that was wrong cause it got hot and hot quick.
It's like the cpu is stuck in a top slot loop and trying to get to a higher non existent slot.

Yet I still oddly find when it's running well, it is really running well and the hiccups have been few and far between.

Has anyone else encountered any of the new issues I just introduced in this post?

And thanks to whomever mentioned turning off monitor.apk and then freezing. I was getting really annoyed seeing every other hour a notification saying I have gone over my 13mb data limit!
So thank you and sorry I don't remember who you are.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

nu2droid

Reaction score
I use the default mail application for my work email (exchange) and up till now never had a problem changing the notification ringtone. I would like to change it to "mute" but it isn't saving my selection.

Anyone else experiencing this or know how I can fix it?

Thanks.

Bang Pow, are you drunk dialing again or for that matter are you reenacting the hotel room scene from Fight Club?

I do think that this is oddly the best port yet, but with certain weird problems. Yes a paradox, but I am the architect of this dream. (see inception)

On only a few occasions, once after fixing permissions, I will get stuck on boot logo almost like nothing is mounting, which occurred 2 builds back. So I battery pull and boot this time into recovery and go to partitions and mount all and reboot, this actually boots up quite quickly, why I don't know. A termite probably has a deeper understanding of all this!

Has anyone encountered this? Also I feel like maybe something is keeping the phone from ever sleeping.
Like the LED blinking, you would think my OG was jealous of Christmas Trees or something. Is that something that would keep the phone from sleeping?
I feel like in the past it only blinked for a little while and then stopped itself after 10 minutes.
But this acts like me in my youth, it can go all night.

I think that the super heat up may be due to some underlying glitch. I think it is happening when the phone freezes up. I remember that when I had it freeze I was holding it waiting to see if it would self correct or if turning the screen off would allow it to address the problem with less things like the screen on putting more demand on the cpu. Well that was wrong cause it got hot and hot quick.
It's like the cpu is stuck in a top slot loop and trying to get to a higher non existent slot.

Yet I still oddly find when it's running well, it is really running well and the hiccups have been few and far between.

Has anyone else encountered any of the new issues I just introduced in this post?

And thanks to whomever mentioned turning off monitor.apk and then freezing. I was getting really annoyed seeing every other hour a notification saying I have gone over my 13mb data limit!
So thank you and sorry I don't remember who you are.

danceswithbongs

Dapper1-- I had the same issue with the last build. It would not retain any of my settings. I was able to correct it by flashing a different kernel. (ended up with the 1.0ghz from jdlfg that I download from Rom Manager.

danceswithbongs-- 2 things, 1st I have had the freeze up. Think it was on the last build, I put the phone on the charger and went to bed. The phone locked up and stayed on the lock screen all night and got extremely hot. I had to pull the battery and leave the phone OFF for 1/2 hour before it would even start back up.... Scared me, I thought she was totally fried.
2nd, As far as turning off the monitor and then freezing it... your welcome. It was annoying me too.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You can also set the monitor data limit higher if you want to see how much data you do use w/o the annoying popup all the the time. It annoys me too, I may look to see if I can set the default data limit to something more reasonable like 2 gb so it won't be as bothersome by default

zachdroid

Reaction score
You can also set the monitor data limit higher if you want to see how much data you do use w/o the annoying popup all the the time. It annoys me too, I may look to see if I can set the default data limit to something more reasonable like 2 gb so it won't be as bothersome by default

I usually turn it off in monitor settings. It us annoying for it to pop up like that. It started showing up after calls too. I was just over it at that point.

mcgrunt42

Reaction score
Is anyone else still getting the 3g dropped after calls all the time? And will they ever fix the video moms problem and syncing all facebook contacts? Why does it seem miui is the only one having these problems. Miui is the only rom I love but I had to stop using it, it was getting too bloated and crashes and scrap battery life and constantly dropping 3g after calls. But thanks anyway for all the work u guys do.

zachdroid

Reaction score
Is anyone else still getting the 3g dropped after calls all the time? And will they ever fix the video moms problem and syncing all facebook contacts? Why does it seem miui is the only one having these problems. Miui is the only rom I love but I had to stop using it, it was getting too bloated and crashes and scrap battery life and constantly dropping 3g after calls. But thanks anyway for all the work u guys do.

I personally, knock on wood, haven't really had any 3g issues. The other stuff I think lies in the fact that the source for the rom is locked down so even though we have incredibly talented people working on the rom to make it awesome they are unable to really dig deep and tweak on it to make it the best that it can be. They, the developers and translators, do great work but I think MIUI China really ties their hands on what they can do outside of porting over their work and translating it into ways we can understand it. That is what is great about ALL of the other roms, they are aosp and developers and noobs are able to dabble and make it better and contribute to the overall whole of the community. Maybe once MIUI.cn releases their phone they will loosen the reigns on the rom and allow the talented individuals the opportunity to truly make the difference they are able to.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
McGrunt
It just occurred to me why this Facebook thing you mentioned might be an issue where other similar apps aren't.
This is built in China and I know this may sound foolish, but I have been under the vague impression that either China has outright banned Facebook due to the govt fears of a popular uprising or do some types of monitoring and parameters introduced and checked to make sure that their settings don't get hampered with.

China is a very interesting place filled with odd dynamics.
Like the fact that they will admit that they don't practice communism but demand to be referred to as one. They have become some bizarre dictatorial quasi capitalist society.
But the demand to continue communism, not in using and implementing, but only as how to be referenced. Possibly more to do with ancient views of honor in this day and age. By keeping the title they can portray themselves to the populace as never having been defeated or acquiescencing to the Western world's demands. Therefore never acknowledging the complete and total failure communism is when it is no longer just theories and concepts and is applied in reality and implemented in society.

So maybe that odd theorem explains it, or explains I am a nut.

danceswithbongs