[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.7.22.0 [DEV]

pdc419

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this has the purge assests option in settings? Thank you in advance. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

g_what

Reaction score
First, I'd like to commend Magiman on a fantastic port. Thanks always for your hard work!

Is there a way to theme the pop-ups for received text messages?

The pop-up screen has a light gray background with white letters. It's very difficult to read. I have messed with Compatibility Mode, and that didn't do anything. I have tried a few different themes for the messaging app as a whole, and none of them change the pop-up colors (I've only tried 3, so maybe I'm just picking ones that dont change that aspect?). Any help will be much appreciated.

In case you are wondering, I had been using Handcent until recently when I finally got fed up with it being so laggy all the time.

nu2droid

Reaction score
It just hit me like a one point twenty one gigawatts of power bolt of lightening! The people who are having the not enough space problem, have you used TIBU to integrate the newest market into your ROM? You will know that you need to if in TIBU the line with the market app in red has next to it in white text "updated". Long press that line and near the bottom of the pop up menu will be the integration option.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

What does intergrating do?

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
It just hit me like a one point twenty one gigawatts of power bolt of lightening! The people who are having the not enough space problem, have you used TIBU to integrate the newest market into your ROM? You will know that you need to if in TIBU the line with the market app in red has next to it in white text "updated". Long press that line and near the bottom of the pop up menu will be the integration option.

danceswithbongs

What does intergrating do?

It is actually integrating, so if I misspelled it, sorry as that would only add to confusion. My bad. Anywhoo basically it takes the new version and moves it over from the data partition so it is then in system apps and discards the older version keeping them from clashing and causing any hiccups.
Hope that makes sense, and it can be done manually using an app like root explorer, TIBU just does it for you. One click and it does its job.

danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Gotcha. That is what I thought. Thought there was more to it,.
Thanks for clarifying

My pleasure.
Everyone has been so helpful on this forum with any questions I have had. So I just try to do the same in the areas that I understand. And in turn I hope those I help, will continue the process of helping those they can help. That way even though many move to new phones, the knowledge remains to be provided to those in the position we once were.

danceswithbongs

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this has the purge assests option in settings? Thank you in advance. :)

I have set the option to purge assets in the build.prop. There is no option in the settings to adjust it, but it should be set.

cowsquad

Reaction score
if someone is looking for a nice launcher, go try NEMUS LAUNCHER, it's simple, fast responsive and very low in memory.

mbmarsh

Reaction score
Vibrate on keypress

Any chance we can get this working? This is the one thing driving me bonkers about this ROM..

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I had my phone just sitting on my night stand last night for about an hour, picked it up, and it was very hot-105f. I am on 1.7.22, stock kernel, stock theme. I didn't do anything different this go around. I did change the lock screen a few days ago like I always do.

Actually I did turn on all the sounds (screen off/on, softkeys) about 6 hours before this happened.

Any ideas? I'm on pe6.5 right now because I couldn't cool down my phone, waiting for 1.7.29

Daballa

Reaction score
Has the recovery issue been pinpointed or fixed yet?

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

HardWired

Reaction score
Do you mean the msg some of us are seeing in recovery regarding a failed update.zip install? Its not really an issue that affects anything. Its just a message. You read it, disregard it, and move on. It doesn't affect the operation of the phone/OS at all or the install of the rom.

cowsquad

Reaction score
I had my phone just sitting on my night stand last night for about an hour, picked it up, and it was very hot-105f. I am on 1.7.22, stock kernel, stock theme. I didn't do anything different this go around. I did change the lock screen a few days ago like I always do.

Actually I did turn on all the sounds (screen off/on, softkeys) about 6 hours before this happened.

Any ideas? I'm on pe6.5 right now because I couldn't cool down my phone, waiting for 1.7.29

I'm on pe6. 5 too I love it. Miui is getting slower

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Has the recovery issue been pinpointed or fixed yet?

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

I have made those who make the 4-way mod at miui.us aware of the error. I have been busy w/ the camera and haven't looked into it myself.

I'm on pe6. 5 too I love it. Miui is getting slower

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

And I thought you kept a 7.15 to always fall back on. I see where your loyalty is :p

chewy74

Reaction score
could be a weak 3g or wifi connection and phones trying to find a stronger signal? did you happen to check teh battery use to see if any one process was abnormally high?

or it could be a rogue app running in the background or it fc'd improperly but hanging.

next time try rebooting and see if it cools down.